Rapoport: Watson officially requests trade

Sydla

Reaction score
That makes zero sense. So why would you trade for him at all if he and Dak are close enough to not have to trade much draft capital?

Because Watson has the better contract right now. Dak's contract will likely eclipse Watson's. Now the flipside is that Watson would be up for a new deal sooner, but you have him under contract that will likely be more favorable than Dak's over the same stretch.

And frankly, as much as I am OK with Dak, I think Watson is the better QB.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Good luck trying to get even bigger bucks in this Covid hobbling salary cap environment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn’t happen to Washington.

Whoever gets him is going to crush the rest of their team in the process I think.

I think a player swap that allows you to keep picks is the best move for the team who gets him.

Miami is the best choice.

Watson for Tua and maybe their other 1st.

Aven8

Reaction score
Whoever gets him is going to crush the rest of their team in the process I think.

I think a player swap that allows you to keep picks is the best move for the team who gets him.

Miami is the best choice.

Watson for Tua and maybe their other 1st.

How funny would that be for Miami to trade them the 3rd pick when that was in reality Houston’s pick? Lol

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
At least Jerry isn't the most incompetent owner in Texas. Woo.

Very curious on how this all shakes out and if it's leaked on where he would waive his NTC.

Miami has the picks and cap to make it work, but do they abandon the Tua train?
Jets have two firsts as well with cap, but does he want to play there?

etc

I'm confused why many feel Miami is already getting off the Tua Train, i really don't think that is the case. Just because Watson said Miami is a team he would like to play for. I am more inclined to believe they are going after P. Sewell with that first round pick to protect Tua. Indy and Frank Reich should be going all out trying to get him to come. The Jets as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm confused why many feel Miami is already getting off the Tua Train, i really don't think that is the case. Just because Watson said Miami is a team he would like to play for. I am more inclined to believe they are going after P. Sewell with that first round pick to protect Tua. Indy and Frank Reich should be going all out trying to get him to come. The Jets as well.

Because saying Tua sucks is a current trend..

I’d gladly trade Dak for him. We can build a better team with Tua.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cooks has been every bit as successful as Cooper, and the difference between Gallup and Fuller isn’t that great but I would give the edge to Gallup.

Maybe but Cooper has far more ability than Cooks.

Gallup and Fuller is probably a push. I’ll take Gallup though.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
Because Watson has the better contract right now. Dak's contract will likely eclipse Watson's. Now the flipside is that Watson would be up for a new deal sooner, but you have him under contract that will likely be more favorable than Dak's over the same stretch.

And frankly, as much as I am OK with Dak, I think Watson is the better QB.

I believe that Watson will only have about a $10M cap hit this year for whatever team that trades for him. There's no mathematical way Dallas can do that with Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He should not have signed a long term contract ... 4 months ago ... if he did not want play for the Texans.

In any case, since he is the one demanding a trade, then he will need to waive his no trade clause.

Of course he can pay back all of the signing bonus he got and pick his team.
^this^.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Texans need to ignore Watson’s request, put a contingent plan in place in case that Watson holds out. Hold him to his contract and roll on.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Deshaun Watson has officially requested a trade from the Houston Texans. This is what happens when you don't take care of your franchise QB.

sick of these players - chalk him up with another jerk like Harden. Guys sign these massive contracts then ask for trades. Life isn't perfect enough for these guys that making millions and your job is a game that you have to be handed rings and titles. One thing leaving after your contract but right after signing a contract

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Because the success of some current rookies makes people think that is the normal trajectory for all. Different players are going to react differently to the NFL and some need a little more time than others.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
sick of these players - chalk him up with another jerk like Harden. Guys sign these massive contracts then ask for trades. Life isn't perfect enough for these guys that making millions and your job is a game that you have to be handed rings and titles. One thing leaving after your contract but right after signing a contract

Yup, it's sad. I laugh because I like seeing the Texans suck, but it is a nervous laugh because that's probably heading our team's way at some point.....though Jerry does keep a good relationship with the players overall apparently. Good thing on that front.

BigD_95

Reaction score
The Texans need to ignore Watson’s request, put a contingent plan in place in case that Watson holds out. Hold him to his contract and roll on.

^^^^^^ this right here. I hope they do this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't believe that yourself, Give Watson these weapons and a healthy line with Zeke behind him and he makes us instant NFC Contenders possibly super bowl contenders if the defense is fixed properly
You can say the same for Dak.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what happened to super dak against the Eagles last year and some of the other scrub teams? what do we have to give him next? I hope just a different team would be a starter.
hit the road gimp, and don't come back.