Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

waving monkey

Reaction score
You hate to see an injury like this to a young budding star, except when it's for the Eagles and you realize they will go another year without a trophy.

Anyone who disagrees with this stance is welcome to their opinion, but those of us that live in Jersey or PA will tell you that their fan base deserves this injury and 100 more just like it.
after the Irvin injury and watching their cats calls as he was carted off the field the Eagles fans become special to me

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
this logic is right up there with your Romo isn't tall enough and can't see the wr down the field theory you tried to push for years.

this one takes the cake though.

wentz would have been good but he just won't be able to resist the urge to go hunting.

Sincerely ignorant, consistently wrong and passionately unobjective; you know what you’re getting with a YR post.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
this logic is right up there with your Romo isn't tall enough and can't see the wr down the field theory you tried to push for years.

this one takes the cake though.

wentz would have been good but he just won't be able to resist the urge to go hunting.

Romo couldn't see the WR underneath and it's why he wasn't a good underneath thrower. He has discussed how he needed to slide his feet and find passing lanes to throw out of. In fact, when Johnny Manziel was playing for the Browns and struggling to find passing lanes because of his lack of height, the Browns coaching staff said that was not an excuse and Manziel needs to learn how to move his feet in the pocket ala Brees and Romo in order to find the passing lane and deliver the ball.

The good thing Wentz has going for him is that when he's playing he doesn't immediately go to the bench, find his Starter hat and flip it on backwards in order to satisfy his endorsement deal. He is focused on the game ahead. But, one has to question his leadership if he doesn't have the dedication to concentrate solely on football in the offseason. This is what separates the elite QB's from the rest.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Sincerely ignorant, consistently wrong and passionately unobjective; you know what you’re getting with a YR post.

Anybody here that did not have Wentz as their pet cat agrees with me and that says that I'm right and you just cannot look beyond your rose colored glasses when it comes to Wentz and the major injuries he has suffered in his career. It's a tough pill to swallow.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
Or the words of the owner/president/GM of the team.

YR

Except the owner didn't say anything about golf. That was simply implied by the author of your article.

So your "proof" is a throwaway comment at the end of an article by an author with no real quote about golf. And apparently that's strong than an actual quote from Romo where he says he gave up a lot of his offseason sports - golf, basketball, soccer - because he made a commitment to get and stay healthier.

LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
That wasn't the point.

The point is that he will go back to hunting soon instead of focusing on rehabbing his leg, reading defenses, improving his throwing motion, etc.

Tough to get injured fishing. Much easier to get killed hunting.

I don't see Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers hunting. It's not the makings of an elite QB.

YR

You have no idea what he will do or not do. Do you know he paid for his entire WR corps this past offseason to come to visit him in ND and stay a few weeks to work out together? He's one of the first players in their training facility and one of the last to leave.

He likes to hunt so from that you've concluded that he doesn't have the drive or dedication or work ethic. The ignorance there is astounding.

I mean this might be the most embarrassing thread by a poster in some time around these parts.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Except the owner didn't say anything about golf. That was simply implied by the author of your article.

So your "proof" is a throwaway comment at the end of an article by an author with no real quote about golf. And apparently that's strong than an actual quote from Romo where he says he gave up a lot of his offseason sports - golf, basketball, soccer - because he made a commitment to get and stay healthier.

LOL.

Spin job.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You have no idea what he will do or not do. Do you know he paid for his entire WR corps this past offseason to come to visit him in ND and stay a few weeks to work out together? He's one of the first players in their training facility and one of the last to leave.

He likes to hunt so from that you've concluded that he doesn't have the drive or dedication or work ethic. The ignorance there is astounding.

I mean this might be the most embarrassing thread by a poster in some time around these parts.

Why would he pay to have his WR's to force to hunt with him? Why wouldn't he travel closer to the team facilities? Plenty of deer hunting in Pennsylvania.

Sounds like he's selfish to me.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
Spin job.

YR

The only person spinning is you.

I have a quote FROM THE PLAYER IN QUESTION. You have a comment from a reporter at the end of an article and no quote from the owner/GM talking about giving up golf.

I have concerns about your well being if you can't see how woefully wrong you are here.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why would he pay to have his WR's to force to hunt with him? Why wouldn't he travel closer to the team facilities? Plenty of deer hunting in Pennsylvania.

YR

Now you are trolling. At this point, it's the only explanation.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

kUhVJJr.gif

YR

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Hunting or fishing is fine by me. I just wouldn't want my QB to go noodling on his days off.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Now you are trolling. At this point, it's the only explanation.

It's not worth it. Another poster said it best..."let him embarrass himself". I learned a long time ago that some posters don't care about their own integrity/credibility on a message board. It is what it is.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

YR

There's no deer hunting during the summer months! :facepalm: