Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's called gentrification.

Sure. And that is part of the process to a more polite and socially aware city and less likely to be harsh on a player like Wentz for being constantly injured and not being as dedicated enough to be focused on his profession. It took Romo years into his career to finally quit golf in the offseason and he ended up having the best year of his career in 2014.

YR

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I will not lie, I am not feeling any sympathy for philly. I was rooting for the Rams to put him out. I know that is not right, but I am soo tired of the media fawning all over the guy, yes he is a very good young QB and he is on his way to having a great career. But these media guys were like over the top about him, he is or was having the same type of year the Dak had last season and Dak is having the same type of year he had last season but we will have a better record and make the playoffs. Now maybe my good friend from philly will stop blowing up my phone every weekend trying to brag about him and the eagles, maybe now I ought to call him and ask him about the high flying eagles now? But I will not , just like last season I never called him once to brag about Dak, when I did talk to him he called me to say that we got lucky we drafted Zeke and that he wanted Zeke on the eagles.

The bigger reason not to feel bad about it is how they cheered when Michael Irvin was basically laying on the field paralyzed.

Wood

Reaction score
I personally don't think it has to do with not wanting to own cars. It's having to drive distances to work, having easy access to the airport with the global economy and having access to the things that cities have to offer (i.e. nightlife, entertainment, restaurants and easier access to social life) they find more appealing.

I live an 8 minute drive from work and I insist on working close to where I want to work. I'm not a millenial, but I'll be damned if I don't own a car. I just don't want to deal with the unnecessary hassle of everyday traffic.

YR

will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I was just listening to podcast and they were saying some cities will only allows driver-less cars within city limits (once that markets arrives in full force). First thing I thought of what happens to guy who loves driving his own car. Might need to store it outside city limits and drive it on country roads.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I was just listening to podcast and they were saying some cities will only allows driver-less cars within city limits (once that markets arrives in full force). First thing I thought of what happens to guy who loves driving his own car. Might need to store it outside city limits and drive it on country roads.

I can see that happening in ultra-dense cities, small radius cities like San Francisco (only 7 mile diameter) and Manhattan. Tough to love driving your car in those cities and driver less cars can make the traffic run more smoothly. A place like Orlando or Jacksonville, I think you'd have a major issue.

Atlanta would be an interesting case. I doubt the people there would allow for it. And while Atlanta is a smaller size city that is very densely populated, it's also the most spread out into the suburbs of any city in the US. Thankfully, I no longer live there.

YR

garyo1954

Reaction score
Yup.

Chris Chandler was a darn good QB when he was healthy. Great deep passer of the ball. But, he couldn't stay healthy and I doubt anybody would think he was worth what the Eagles gave up for Wentz.

The same for RG3. He just couldn't stay healthy and lost his explosiveness as an athlete.

YR

Joe Namath gimpy knees.
Neil Lomax degenerative hip.
Vinny Testeverdea and Jay Cutler red-green color blind.

There's literally a list a mile long of drafted players who were less than perfect, including Jaylon Smith.

If you want a to talk offseason injuries let's see:

Jags punter Chris Hanson was burned on his hands moving a fondue pot
Brandon Marshall slipped on a McDonald's bag severing an artery and nerve in his forearm
Derrick Mason broke a bone in his wrist playing in a charity golf tournament
LaRon Landry was shot in the groin with a paintball (this was team sanctioned)
Tyler Heinicke broke his foot - breaking into his own house

Oh yeah,
Jason Paul-Pierre - fireworks anyone?

And then......
The great Darren McFadden phone fumble??

Hunting and fishing is the least of your worries.

Gameover

Reaction score
Why was this weasel the one to post this news?

This has nothing to do with us

Take it elsewhere

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure. And that is part of the process to a more polite and socially aware city and less likely to be harsh on a player like Wentz for being constantly injured and not being as dedicated enough to be focused on his profession. It took Romo years into his career to finally quit golf in the offseason and he ended up having the best year of his career in 2014.

YR

Where is your proof he's not dedicated enough?

Also Romo didn't give up golf to dedicate himself. He gave up golf (and other sports he played to stay in shape like soccer) because of his back issues and surgery.

Reaction score
all in all a sad turn of events. Wentz seems like a good man and great player. Hard not to like him even tho he's an Eagle

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Joe Namath gimpy knees.
Neil Lomax degenerative hip.
Vinny Testeverdea and Jay Cutler red-green color blind.

There's literally a list a mile long of drafted players who were less than perfect, including Jaylon Smith.

If you want a to talk offseason injuries let's see:

Jags punter Chris Hanson was burned on his hands moving a fondue pot
Brandon Marshall slipped on a McDonald's bag severing an artery and nerve in his forearm
Derrick Mason broke a bone in his wrist playing in a charity golf tournament
LaRon Landry was shot in the groin with a paintball (this was team sanctioned)
Tyler Heinicke broke his foot - breaking into his own house

Oh yeah,
Jason Paul-Pierre - fireworks anyone?

And then......
The great Darren McFadden phone fumble??

Hunting and fishing is the least of your worries.

It's all about focus.

Like Romo and golf.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
It's all about focus.

Like Romo and golf.

YR

Except Romo quit golf his last few years because of his back. He also quit soccer and basketball which was part of his conditioning program in the offseason. He basically cut out anything that could put a strain on his back during the offseason after his surgery.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Where is your proof he's not dedicated enough?

Also Romo didn't give up golf to dedicate himself. He gave up golf (and other sports he played to stay in shape like soccer) because of his back issues and surgery.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelp...-spends-his-rare-Sunday-off-hunting-110391439

Where's your proof that Wentz is dedicated?

And Romo gave up golf because the front office wanted him to be more focused so he could play a bigger role in how the offense was ran, gameplanned etc.

If Wentz is going hunting at the first chance he gets, one could surely question his dedication.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Except Romo quit golf his last few years because of his back. He also quit soccer and basketball which was part of his conditioning program in the offseason. He basically cut out anything that could put a strain on his back during the offseason after his surgery.

That's not why he quit golf. He quit golf prior to the back issues.

YR

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Er ... what?
Carson Wentz has an excellent frame for a QB; all I'm saying is, his bigger frame does not put him at a higher risk for injury. Maybe his scrambling ability and decisions to run make him higher risk, but his height/weight/frame certainly doesn't.