Rate Dak’s performance

LOBO7

Reaction score
Great throw to CD, perfect.
The Int was not on Dak.
Not a good day for him overall. 5

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
LOl gotta love the whole bait thread stuff? Look at who starts it then look at their posting history and look at the main contributors. They want arguments. We are 8-4 and pending this weekends results are just about guaranteed a home playoff game yet lets rate Dak's performance.

LOL you cant make this stuff up. Not all W's are going to be pretty and we were playing a desperate team with their backs against the wall. Lets rate the defense while were at it. lets rate the Oline and lets rate the RB (oh wait he gets a pass because hes hurt). Lets rate the Offensive coordinator.

Enjoy the ride some of yall take this **** too serious

From some of the very same posters who predicted the Cowboys who lose to the Saints, once it was announced that Taysom Hill was starting for them. lol. There's no denying that this team has issues and concerns which need to be addressed and fixed, but it doesn't seem like some of the more pessimistic and negative fans, are determined to hold onto their negative perceptions and views of Dak and this team no matter what positive or good things could happen over the course of this season.

This is why I'm prepared for a whole week of. "The Cowboys suck, this season is over and there's no way that they can beat a the WFT, the Football team is a threat to the Cowboys and will win the division." type of takes coming from the more negative side of the fanbase.

Just for them to move the goalposts and find something else to be negative or pessimistic about, if the Cowboys beat the Football team in ten days. It's like the same posters who had the Eagles running away with the division, just moved onto something else to be negative about, rather than admit they were wrong. Because it's one thing to be concerned about the issues this team has and another just to be negative or never to say anything positive about them. And some posters hardly ever say anything positive, even when things are going well for them team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From some of the very same posters who predicted the Cowboys who lose to the Saints, once it was announced that Taysom Hill was starting for them. lol. There's no denying that this team has issues and concerns which need to be addressed and fixed, but it doesn't seem like some of the more pessimistic and negative fans, are determined to hold onto their negative perceptions and views of Dak and this team no matter what positive or good things could happen over the course of this season.

This is why I'm prepared for a whole week of. "The Cowboys suck, this season is over and there's no way that they can beat a the WFT, the Football team is a threat to the Cowboys and will win the division." type of takes coming from the more negative side of the fanbase.

Just for them to move the goalposts and find something else to be negative or pessimistic about, if the Cowboys beat the Football team in ten days. It's like the same posters who had the Eagles running away with the division, just moved onto something else to be negative about, rather than admit they were wrong. Because it's one thing to be concerned about the issues this team has and another just to be negative or never to say anything positive about them. And some posters hardly ever say anything positive, even when things are going well for them team.
Saints played us pretty close, despite missing both O tackles...and then a hobbled backup QB. If not for two plays....one on offense and one on defense....we were in trouble.

Yep...we had our own challenges too. But you conveniently left out that many dallas fans predicted a blow out. Where are THEY now?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Elite QBs like Rodgers perform when they are surrounded by chaos.

Don't like the elite word, but for the moment let's go with it.

As you noted, if elite is a thing I would agree Rodgers is elite.

But for all of the "Dak's not good enough because he's not elite" folk, the fact remains is Rodgers has won ONE Super Bowl. (Here I'm going with the view that you play to win SBs, not get to the playoffs/win playoff games/win division titles, etc.). Brees the same, ONE Super Bowl win. And that's not even adding the Matt Ryans, etc. who got to the SB but lost.

Yes the "elite" quarterback can win you more games and more playoff games than a mere mortal quarterback. But if something happens to your elite quarterback, and I'm not talking always about his being totally out, just witness the same Rodgers' in the playoffs with the calf injury a few years back, his shortcoming there meant no SB appearance.

Buidling your team around the "elite" quarterback is fraught with risk, first of all if you draft somebody and he doesn't pan out, as happens many times, or he gets hurt (Romo) just as he gets really good, then your chances of getting to the SB falls apart because the ONE person you rely on can't do it.

Just saying that if Dak isn't "elite", that doesn't mean the team is any less likely to get to the SB than having the elite quarterback, in my opinion. More than one way to get a SB win than with the "elite" quarterback.

DFWJC

Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10, how well/poor do you think Dakota played tonight?
Was listening to radio and the topic came up asking what is off about Dak.

Those close to the team say:
  1. Anyone asking that question is correct in asking it….as something is off
  2. It is not at all physical
  3. Hes not back to peak confidence yet, compared to 5 weeks ago.
  4. He has missed his WRs (though they admitted we have a deeper group than almost any other team)
  5. He forced some plays last night, but has also missed some reads and audible opportunities
  6. Management not worried.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

But for all of the "Dak's not good enough because he's not elite" folk, the fact remains is Rodgers has won ONE Super Bowl. (Here I'm going with the view that you play to win SBs, not get to the playoffs/win playoff games/win division titles, etc.). Brees the same, ONE Super Bowl win. And that's not even adding the Matt Ryans, etc. who got to the SB but lost.

Yes the "elite" quarterback can win you more games and more playoff games than a mere mortal quarterback. But if something happens to your elite quarterback, and I'm not talking always about his being totally out, just witness the same Rodgers' in the playoffs with the calf injury a few years back, his shortcoming there meant no SB appearance.

Buidling your team around the "elite" quarterback is fraught with risk, first of all if you draft somebody and he doesn't pan out, as happens many times, or he gets hurt (Romo) just as he gets really good, then your chances of getting to the SB falls apart because the ONE person you rely on can't do it.

Just saying that if Dak isn't "elite", that doesn't mean the team is any less likely to get to the SB than having the elite quarterback, in my opinion. More than one way to get a SB win than with the "elite" quarterback.

I’m not saying you can’t win a Super Bowl with Dak. Heck you can win a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.

I just think it’s going to be incredibly difficult to ever win and pay Dak this kind of money because he is so dependent on everything around him to carry him and we have seen what happens to these Joe Flacco types when they get paid more and asked to do more.

phildadon86

Reaction score

We have had our issues but this post is incredible. I wish I could like this twice

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Saints played us pretty close, despite missing both O tackles...and then a hobbled backup QB. If not for two plays....one on offense and one on defense....we were in trouble.

Yep...we had our own challenges too. But you conveniently left out that many dallas fans predicted a blow out. Where are THEY now?

It's wasn't a pretty win, but it's still a win with 10 days to fix the issues they have. There were those who predicted that the Cowboys would be 7-5 right now and are still finding something to be negative about, because the Cowboys didn't win pretty or win in a blowout, of a game that they had the Cowboys losing outright. So it still shows how some fans are going to be negative no matter what happens this season.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
5 - his calf is OBVIOUSLY still bothering him. He just absolutely refuses to run and, more importantly, his footwork is back to being all over the place (hence his 1:1 ratio of "ducks" to "dimes")

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's my opinion the nfl is structured to be very difficult to repeat super bowls. Not always because of the qb.

They demanded parity and got it. We should still be able to assess "elite", though. I think it's not JUST stats....but performing in challenging circumstances. Team injuries, end of game heroics. I have seen Rogers do it. HAve not really seen Dak. Although....someone has made mention about Daks comebacks......I admit I could be wrong there.

Oakland OT was a chance to be élite. Dak missed an easy pass. I don't really care that there were other problems. That was a moment to do it.

shabazz

Reaction score
No you don’t :lmao2:You root for Dallas to fail so you can blame Dak. You’re the absolute worst kind of fan.

.......only someone who has done that exact same thing when Romo was here, could ever think of doing something as weird as that

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m not saying you can’t win a Super Bowl with Dak. Heck you can win a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.

I just think it’s going to be incredibly difficult to ever win and pay Dak this kind of money because he is so dependent on everything around him to carry him and we have seen what happens to these Joe Flacco types when they get paid more and asked to do more.

Though the money paid to Dak won't be prohibitive when the new television contract comes out, the cap is expected to go up dramatically, and Dak is signed through 2024. And really teams can pay contracts like Dak and still pay other key people, the "we can't afford top talent if we pay top dollar to our quarterback" is seldom if ever true..

phildadon86

Reaction score
When someone whines about other not being positive enough I tune out. That’s a conversation for cheerleaders.
There are times to be negative and times to be positive. A road win against a team with a decent defense going into our mini bye week is something to be positive about. Thats all I am saying.

khiladi

Reaction score
The reality is, you can’t keep blaming the OL and RG, because we are so used to seeing it ELITE or even good, most of the time, playing together as a whole for at least two years together since Dak’s career here. Now, he’s still getting adequate blocking, but it’s not like it’s used to, so in these games, he’s beginning to show his true colors.

This isn’t an OL you can simply rebuild, when 2 of the players are basically all-pro, Frederick was playing at that level pre-illness and Collins was on his way after 2019 and this year, pre-PED suspension.

He’s not, nor has he ever been on the level of a guy like Romo, let alone guys like Herbert. I get it, if you want to make the argument that Dallas “can win with the formula”, but calling him elite is delusional. Romo was masking incompetent and mediocre OL play, a line built on multiple journeymen linemen.

And the money he makes now is a mute point for me, because it’s denial of the obvious reality, that a ‘rebuild’ signifies we wasted a SB window for this dude. The reality is WE HAD THE ROSTER to win when they benched Romo, and they’ve had enough of the roster for the last couple of years to make a run, provided the QB was on the level of Romo and they weren’t embroiled in a new experiment, after the Garrett experiment.

Now we are back to having filling the holes once again. We basically lucked into a Parsons DPOY player to center the defense around, but going against OL like that regularly, it’s going to wear gi down. It’s not like the QB position where you can build a franchise around for a decade plus.

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
He came out inaccurate again! He must still be dealing with the calf or something else because he refuses to run. He had wide open field in front of him but tried to force a pass at least twice. Then he gets ran down by a fat DT.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

A win is a win. But I'm guessing the reason this thread is so popular is because Dak is the most important piece to us winning a Superbowl. If he continues to struggle, this team has no chance in the playoffs.

He has shown earlier this year that he can play at an MVP level. But the last month he has played some brutal football. If he cant fix whatever the problem is, this team will lose first round if they make the playoffs.

You can't ask the defense to be above average. If the defense even plays average you have to give them props. All the money on this team is spent on offense. They need to carry the team. They have some of the highest paid players at their positions but they are not performing like it. And it starts and ends with dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are times to be negative and times to be positive. A road win against a team with a decent defense going into our mini bye week is something to be positive about. Thats all I am saying.
That's fine...we got the win.
A bunch of defensive turnovers, and one good drive....wait make that two good drives. It wasn't a game that gives us confidence going into critical division play.

We got some extra days off now...maybe we can regroup, refocus, get people back.....and git to it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Though the money paid to Dak won't be prohibitive when the new television contract comes out, the cap is expected to go up dramatically, and Dak is signed through 2024. And really teams can pay contracts like Dak and still pay other key people, the "we can't afford top talent if we pay top dollar to our quarterback" is seldom if ever true..

It’s seldom ever true?

Rodgers is crying about his supporting cast.

Russell Wilson is not happy with his supporting cast.

Watson crushed his teams cap and wants out.

It’s the opposite.. Paying the QB a ton of money eventually crushes your roster.

Dallas has 1 thing going for them though.. They can draft well and they will need that more than ever.