Rate Dak Prescott's season

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Because the people who hate Dak are madly in love with Romo and can’t let him go?

Sorry can't let you get away with that it's usually the people supporting Dak who compare to Romo 1st, they never compare to the others (at least hardly ever) you and i have been around awhile both here and the other unnamed forum Romo's standard was alway Roger and Troy, Dak's standard is Romo period. I think it's more because the fanbase is very young and never saw those guys play

CWR

Reaction score
Of course we could and we were, but the only guy who excuses are made for is Dak (drops,zeke disappears, O-line sucks, it's the coaches fault etc) it's tiresome because the guy who touches the ball on every single offesnive play is somehow immune to everything that happens on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not saying YOU are saying that but that is what is heard alot around here

Thats probably because even when he played well and we lost he received the bulk of the blame. It works both ways and people are way too polar here. Dak was a part of the problem.

EDIT: He was also tremendous in some games as well.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sorry can't let you get away with that it's usually the people supporting Dak who compare to Romo 1st, they never compare to the others (at least hardly ever) you and i have been around awhile both here and the other unnamed forum Romo's standard was alway Roger and Troy, Dak's standard is Romo period. I think it's more because the fanbase is very young and never saw those guys play
Romo was compared to all time greats like Brady, Montana, Aikman, and Manning because a portion of the fanbase thought be sucked, wanted every Brady Quinn-like QB to replace him, and thought there was no way Romo could lead the team to victory. So his “stats” were used to prove he wasn’t nearly as bad as those haters claimed.

Dak is compared to Romo because of how 2016 went down and Romo was elevated to a hero status while Dak was overly criticized by the same people who would pull crap out of their butt to defend Romo.

There isn’t one criticism of Dak that I can’t find a comparable situation to criticize Romo for the exact same thing. The only difference is how one chooses to either defend or criticize. I can respect either provided it is consistent for both QBs.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo was compared to all time greats like Brady, Montana, Aikman, and Manning because a portion of the fanbase thought be sucked, wanted every Brady Quinn-like QB to replace him, and thought there was no way Romo could lead the team to victory. So his “stats” were used to prove he wasn’t nearly as bad as those haters claimed.

Dak is compared to Romo because of how 2016 went down and Romo was elevated to a hero status while Dak was overly criticized by the same people who would pull crap out of their butt to defend Romo.

There isn’t one criticism of Dak that I can’t find a comparable situation to criticize Romo for the exact same thing. The only difference is how one chooses to either defend or criticize. I can respect either provided it is consistent for both QBs.

Dak is still basically only compared to Romo no matter how you explain it....kind of nuts if you ask me

Redline360

Reaction score
VS bad teams...A- to B+
VS good teams....D

Average probably a B- or B+

Still an above average quarterback compared to most but he's surrounded by an OL most QBs would kill for, a premier RB, and good recievers. But yet is under Garrett so...

nobody

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think he earned himself a long-term contract. I think he earned a "Tag and prove it" season because of his regression in the latter half of the season. He's still throwing behind receivers...after 4 years.

In the first half of the season, he was playing like a man on a mission and it looked like it was contract time...then something happened and ...he wasn't responsible solely for any of the losses, but he sure contributed to them.

Romotil45

Reaction score
A quarterback leading the NFL in passing cannot be smoke and mirrors.

A quarterback cannot fake pass yards.

Ever heard of trash or garbage time ? It's when you are behind in the 2nd half and teams play soft zone coverage and allow underneath passing it results in a lot of passing yards and high completion %. Also a lot of those yards came against poor teams with poor secondaries. Daks numbers this year are just smoke and mirrors. He is simply a bus driver. Not worth a long term contract. Tag him.

zeke21

Reaction score
For all those who still believe in Dak.. this year he was the least sacked QB, the least pressured QB, the least 'knocked down' QB.. the third least hurried QB. In fact our OLine, statistically, had one of its best seasons ever.

Dak also had one of the leagues best RBs that resulted in us facing 'stacked boxes' the third most in the NFL.

With all that in his favour he could still only put up a QBR of 99.7 which puts him, unsuprisingly, as a midrange QB.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be the QB.. I'm just saying that only in Dallas does he get considered a 'top 4' level QB and want a multi million pay day.. on any other team he would struggle and struggle big time.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I am as big of a fan of Dak as anyone but I think I can give you an honest opinion.
Numbers only? Give me 30/11 and 4900 yards every year and we should be contending for championships. But his numbers and the offense as a whole’s numbers are deceiving IMO. They padded them in wins vs crap teams like today and vs good teams they couldn’t get out of their own way until the games were out of hand in garbage time, GB, NYJ, Minny, Buffalo, Chicago. I have seen Dak lead game winning drives and comebacks so I know he CAN do it but this year, 0-8 when trailing at the half? That is an indictment on the entire team starting with the coach and the QB. So his numbers were great but I will take the clutch QB from 16 and 18 over the guy with the numbers in 19. Now go get me a coach that can combine the 2 and we’re in business...

No coach will be able to undo Dak's weaknesses He's a bus driver. Will make a great backup though.

CWR

Reaction score
The defense isnt that bad

Yes the defense sucked. Please dont bother with stats, because we can talk about Dak and the offenses stats too. And AGAIN special teams was gawd awful.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
For all those who still believe in Dak.. this year he was the least sacked QB, the least pressured QB, the least 'knocked down' QB.. the third least hurried QB. In fact our OLine, statistically, had one of its best seasons ever.

Dak also had one of the leagues best RBs that resulted in us facing 'stacked boxes' the third most in the NFL.

With all that in his favour he could still only put up a QBR of 99.7 which puts him, unsuprisingly, as a midrange QB.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be the QB.. I'm just saying that only in Dallas does he get considered a 'top 4' level QB and want a multi million pay day.. on any other team he would struggle and struggle big time.

This is perfect. Dak struggles under practically perfect conditions. Imagine him under the Giants or Bengals. He’d be the worst QB in the league. He’s a product of his environment, but no one wants to admit it. Mahomes would absolutely THRIVE in this environment. I want a QB like Mahomes more than anything. Dak isn’t the answer.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
This is perfect. Dak struggles under practically perfect conditions. Imagine him under the Giants or Bengals. He’d be the worst QB in the league. He’s a product of his environment, but no one wants to admit it. Mahomes would absolutely THRIVE in this environment. I want a QB like Mahomes more than anything. Dak isn’t the answer.

Dak struggles if Tyron Smith gets a cold