Rate Dak Prescott's season

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
even those aside, not smoke and mirrors.

Also, what was he supposed to do when the defense threw the game away?

if on offense you only score 7,9 and 10 points after 3 quarters you aren't going to win many games, besides what about the game against NO, D only gave up 12 and what about the Pats D only gave up 13

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am as big of a fan of Dak as anyone but I think I can give you an honest opinion.
Numbers only? Give me 30/11 and 4900 yards every year and we should be contending for championships. But his numbers and the offense as a whole’s numbers are deceiving IMO. They padded them in wins vs crap teams like today and vs good teams they couldn’t get out of their own way until the games were out of hand in garbage time, GB, NYJ, Minny, Buffalo, Chicago. I have seen Dak lead game winning drives and comebacks so I know he CAN do it but this year, 0-8 when trailing at the half? That is an indictment on the entire team starting with the coach and the QB. So his numbers were great but I will take the clutch QB from 16 and 18 over the guy with the numbers in 19. Now go get me a coach that can combine the 2 and we’re in business...

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think were really shortchanging the coaching staff's impact in games here.

Yes dak stat padded when games were lopsided, but why were were forced to pass late in games so much? Coaching.

Ask yourself this, if you gave dak a coach like sean peyton or andy reid, or any other great coach could he win with those guys? I would venture to say if he can do this with Garret, that he would be even better with coaches who can actually gameplan and adjust.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I am as big of a fan of Dak as anyone but I think I can give you an honest opinion.
Numbers only? Give me 30/11 and 4900 yards every year and we should be contending for championships. But his numbers and the offense as a whole’s numbers are deceiving IMO. They padded them in wins vs crap teams like today and vs good teams they couldn’t get out of their own way until the games were out of hand in garbage time, GB, NYJ, Minny, Buffalo, Chicago. I have seen Dak lead game winning drives and comebacks so I know he CAN do it but this year, 0-8 when trailing at the half? That is an indictment on the entire team starting with the coach and the QB. So his numbers were great but I will take the clutch QB from 16 and 18 over the guy with the numbers in 19. Now go get me a coach that can combine the 2 and we’re in business...

Bravo!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
In the three games the defense held the opponents to 12, 13 and 17 points he could have been a difference maker.

He wasn't. Big reason the season ended today.

His much talked about leadership took a hit this season also.

C-

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Wait...I should give Dak a C+. He took one of the all time beatings in Jets game like a champ. That’s worth a +

CWR

Reaction score
if on offense you only score 7,9 and 10 points after 3 quarters you aren't going to win many games, besides what about the game against NO, D only gave up 12 and what about the Pats D only gave up 13

Cant we just have been bad in all aspects? Thats what I saw anyways.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Does it matter? It's not in your hands or mine, Jones makes the decisions around here and he'll either sign the guy or not.

Calm down, Jason Morgan. This isn't General Hospital so you don't need to be all dramatic.

Yes, it does matter since you asked or was that a rhetorical question?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Cant we just have been bad in all aspects? Thats what I saw anyways.

Of course we could and we were, but the only guy who excuses are made for is Dak (drops,zeke disappears, O-line sucks, it's the coaches fault etc) it's tiresome because the guy who touches the ball on every single offesnive play is somehow immune to everything that happens on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not saying YOU are saying that but that is what is heard alot around here

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ours did he padded his stats bigtime in the 4th quarter of games we were out of

against GB we are losing 31-10 after 3 quarters ...bunch of junk time yards in the 4th for Dak
against the Jets we are losing 21-9 after 3 quarters...bunch of junk time yards in the 4th for Dak
against the Bears we are down 24-7 after 3 quarters...bunch of junk time yards in the 4th for Dak

there were a couple of other games too one against the Bills and i think one other
Romo had his fair share of garbage time stats in his record breaking year. Getting down big against the Giants, Commanders and Bears come to mind immediately.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo had his fair share of garbage time stats in his record breaking year. Getting down big against the Giants, Commanders and Bears come to mind immediately.

Yes he did but we are not talking about him now, he has been gone for 3 years Dak's games and stats need to stand on their own and if the only way to defend your guy (not saying he's your guy just in general) is by talking about somebody else's bad games or stats then your guy really ISN'T THE GUY, is he?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yes he did but we are not talking about him now, he has been gone for 3 years Dak's games and stats need to stand on their own and if the only way to defend your guy (not saying he's your guy just in general) is by talking about somebody else's bad games or stats then your guy really isn't the guy, is he?
Let’s just judge people using the same criteria. If garbage time stats don’t count, let’s subtract them from everyone.

lwehlers

Reaction score
if you look at daks numbers he had a great year. what really bothers me about him is how he made his numbers this year. he looked like a top five qb against the below 500 teams then against the winning teams he was downright awful. I say franchise him and see what happens next year. I would not be surprised to see him hold out which will make it tough on a new headcoach to put this team together. hopefully Prescott and the cowboys can come together and sign him to a fair contract that helps Prescott and the team.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
How about we say neither are/were?
WE can but let me ask you just one question. Romo was compared to Roger, Troy and even Danny White and Merideth (that goes with territory being a Cowboy QB) How come Dak only gets compared to Romo?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
WE can but let me ask you just one question. Romo was compared to Roger, Troy and even Danny White (that goes with territory being a Cowboy QB) How come Dak only gets compared to Romo?
Because the people who hate Dak are madly in love with Romo and can’t let him go? Make every excuse for Romo and blame Dak?

Romotil45

Reaction score
Final stats:

65% completion

30 Passing TDs

3 Rushing TDs

11 Interceptions

99.7 QBR

Record: 8-8

I'd give him a B-.

C - He put up most of those yrds in trash time at the end of a game when we were behind because teams play loose Cov 2 and Cov 4 Zone and allow underneath passing and a lot of yrds against poor teams. That also results in high completion %. He's a bus driver nothing else.