Rate Dak Prescott's season

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Calm down, Jason Morgan. This isn't General Hospital so you don't need to be all dramatic.

Yes, it does matter since you asked or was that a rhetorical question?
So what are you going to do about it then? Since it's important to you.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Yes the defense sucked. Please dont bother with stats, because we can talk about Dak and the offenses stats too. And AGAIN special teams was gawd awful.

The offense was bad half the year too. Cant tell everything by stats like you said.

CWR

Reaction score
The offense was bad half the year too. Cant tell everything by stats like you said.

Thats my entire point. Everyone sucked. There was no super team built around the qb. All three phases count towards winning.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
What do you grade the receivers who dropped a record amount?
What? How dare you reasonably put some responsibility on someone else's shoulders for some of our offensive problems this year! Everybody and their mom know it's all Dak's fault. Bad pass blocking allowing him to get sacked in 1.4 seconds? Dak's fault... holding ball too long. Receivers dropping catchable balls all season long? Dak's fault...his spiral wasn't tight enough or he should have hit them in the numbers instead of the helmet. Crappy play calls in pivotal moments in a game? Dak's fault...you know damn well he audibled out of all the great plays into bad ones. I could go on and on for hours but I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you try to blame shift. Everything is Dak's fault and we all know it.

Also I give him a B-.
We can win SBs with Dak and a good coaching staff...I can only dream this 8-8 season leads to a new staff being brought in, I am not that hopeful though tbh.

CWR

Reaction score
Not super just better than most years was my point.

I agree we had a better run game and pass protection than years past (Romo). To me this defense looked like the same old Marinelli trash Ive seen the last decade minus a chunk of 2018. We also went way too long without an interception or turnover to speak of. The special teams were the worst of the bunch Awful field position provided and surrendered. We faced long fields on offense and short on defense. We missed way too many average kicks. All and all we were just bad. I also believe Romo was given a raw deal far too often.

zeke21

Reaction score
This is perfect. Dak struggles under practically perfect conditions. Imagine him under the Giants or Bengals. He’d be the worst QB in the league. He’s a product of his environment, but no one wants to admit it. Mahomes would absolutely THRIVE in this environment. I want a QB like Mahomes more than anything. Dak isn’t the answer.
It staggers me that others can't seem to understand this. yes I know Dak has clapper and a pretty woeful coaching staff.. but seriously.. this is a very very very very good offence that any QB would thrive in.

I would also add that our receivers did NOT have the worst drop rate in the league.. yes bottom 8 but not the worst.. The excuses for Dak just wear thin.. Since his rookie year (ie since teams have got tape on him).. he has struggled to lead game winning drives, struggled in clutch situations, struggled against decent teams, struggled if the running game isn't dominated, struggled pretty much with ALL the things you need a QB to be good at.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I agree we had a better run game and pass protection than years past (Romo). To me this defense looked like the same old Marinelli trash Ive seen the last decade minus a chunk of 2018. We also went way too long without an interception or turnover to speak of. The special teams were the worst of the bunch Awful field position provided and surrendered. We faced long fields on offense and short on defense. We missed way too many average kicks. All and all we were just bad. I also believe Romo was given a raw deal far too often.

I really cant believe how much the defense regressed. Zeke dlaw and jaylons contracts dont look good so far. Every player on defense besides heath regressed. That's unreal

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I really cant believe how much the defense regressed. Zeke dlaw and jaylons contracts dont look good so far. Every player on defense besides heath regressed. That's unreal

Our LBS made me sick. That was supposed to be our strongest unit. I have to believe a big part of that was scheme and coaching because they looked too damn good in 2018. Although its not wrong to wonder if they are salvageable at this point.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Our LBS made me sick. That was supposed to be our strongest unit. I have to believe a big part of that was scheme and coaching because they looked too damn good in 2018. Although its not wrong to wonder if they are salvageable at this point.

Can we get a real dt also yet? Worried about lve really liked that pick.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Can we get a real dt also yet? Worried about lve really liked that pick.

I doubt it would've been enough but the Jamal Adams hype was fun for awhile also.

My biggest joy out of seeing Marinelli leave is getting a couple hogs at DT.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
B- seems about right.

Great start, and great last game, but a lot of inconsistent play when it mattered most.