Reaction score
1a. Tom Landry
1b. Jimmy Johnson
3. Bill Parcells
4. Barry Switzer
5. Chan Gailey
6a. Wade Phillips
6b. Dave Campo

By the way, I really like Jason Garrett's chances to move into 1c territory.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;3789568 said:
that is only because people on this board are often afraid to buck the trend and not think like sheep
:lmao2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3789568 said:
that is only because people on this board are often afraid to buck the trend and not think like sheep

How in the world do you have over ten thousand posts and say this?:confused:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedc.../cowboys/classic/webspecials/landry/index.htm

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stautner;3789102 said:
How is "sooner" the mark of a better coach? It may mean the mark of a better initial builder, although Jimmy didn't have to build a team from scratch like Landry did, and Landry didn't have the benefit of the Herschel Walker deal. What Jimmy did was a great feat, but as the saying goes, getting there is the easy part, maintaining it is the hard part. Jimmy never had to do that - anywhere - ever, and 28 years of accomplishment has to beat out 5 anytime.

Well, feller, to use the vernacular, Jimma did it in waay less time. And he started out something like 1-15.
OK then, I kin appreciate the good felling towards ol' Tom and he is Cowboy legend.
On the other six-fingered hand, Jimma, through his personnel picks (and lots were duds, yes) built and molded this team with no-names to support the troika-plus-one of Irvin, Aikman, Smith and that Novacek feller.
OK, then, Jimma did it in less time with quicker results and won 2 Super Bowls
and could have won a 3rd.
No, sir, Jimma is tops despite fierce fealty to ol Tom, a true Cowboy who i said previously and before, legend.

But, litter feller, as far as maintaining quality, ol Tom really did not do dat for his last 10 years, and dats a fact.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DallasEast;3789560 said:
The breakdown thus far:

[URL="http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/7ca70a48.gif"]http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/7ca70a48.gif[/URL]

... I don't know, but may be a photo finish for the top overall consensus opinion.

:rolleyes:

thanks, there, young feller. But ah fear that ol Tom's hat gives him a distancial advantage and is higher than Jimma's coif.
Can you remedy that two? PhotoSoup would be nice.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;3789990 said:
thanks, there, young feller. But ah fear that ol Tom's hat gives him a distancial advantage and is higher than Jimma's coif.
Can you remedy that two? PhotoSoup would be nice.

baa.

baa.

jamez25

Reaction score
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Bill Parcells
Chan Gailey
Wade Phillips
Dave Campo
Barry Switzer

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3790720 said:
Agreed.... Although I think Gailey should have been given more time.

Jerry also thinks Gailey should have been given more time but what has Gailey done since his firing? Keeping him on would have just delayed the inevitable.

Stautner

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;3789961 said:
Well, feller, to use the vernacular, Jimma did it in waay less time. And he started out something like 1-15.
OK then, I kin appreciate the good felling towards ol' Tom and he is Cowboy legend.
On the other six-fingered hand, Jimma, through his personnel picks (and lots were duds, yes) built and molded this team with no-names to support the troika-plus-one of Irvin, Aikman, Smith and that Novacek feller.
OK, then, Jimma did it in less time with quicker results and won 2 Super Bowls
and could have won a 3rd.
No, sir, Jimma is tops despite fierce fealty to ol Tom, a true Cowboy who i said previously and before, legend.

But, litter feller, as far as maintaining quality, ol Tom really did not do dat for his last 10 years, and dats a fact.

Good - a 3rd grade response, and one that completely ignores what i said.