Rate the last movie you saw

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
TrainWreck 4 out of 10: Started off funny, but digressed into an emo flick that attempted some funny moments (poorly) as the movie went on. LeBron's shtick was worn completely thing by the end of the movie. I would probably unwatch it if somehow given the opportunity.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bone Tomahawk: So, I saw this had Kurt Russel, Matthew Fox and Patrick Wilson and thought I would give it a whirl. It was overall a really good movie, but, just a spoiler, there were a few parts in the movie that I will probably not be able to unsee any time soon. Pretty brutal stuff.

So, thumbs up, maybe 7 out of 10 for the movie itself, BUT I shall not be watching it again.

Agreed...it was a movie that was pretty good that not many have heard of.

It was kind of slow and probably a little to long and sparse at times but still really good.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TrainWreck 4 out of 10: Started off funny, but digressed into an emo flick that attempted some funny moments (poorly) as the movie went on. LeBron's shtick was worn completely thing by the end of the movie. I would probably unwatch it if somehow given the opportunity.

My mom likes to go to the movies, so I try to take her once in awhile.....just the two of us. She came to visit me in LA and we decided to go see one in Beverly Hills(she loves that Hollywood stuff).

Anyways, the movie we wanted to see was sold out, so we decided on Trainwreck not knowing anything about this movie at all.

Talk about embarrassing! Try watching this with your mother :facepalm:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the Star Wars The Force Awakens....I liked it for the most part but I think these newer star wars movies just don't have the same magic as they did with the originals but I think that is more to do with those being in my childhood.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Demolition. One of the best movies I've seen in theaters in a while. Reminded me of a modern day American Beauty. Really good movie. Also liked seeing some scenes in my hometown of Coney Island.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The Witch - 9/10

I've actually seen this one twice in the theater. From what I gather, it's a fairly polarizing movie as far as audience reaction goes since it's very much a slow buildup, but wow. I really really liked this. I'd put it up there with my favorite "horror" movies of all time. It just hits that general feeling of uneasiness that Kubrick's "The Shining" hit so well. The acting, the atmosphere, the music, and the subject matter are all just about perfect. Hell, even the time period it's based in just adds to it's creepiness.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Witch - 9/10

I've actually seen this one twice in the theater. From what I gather, it's a fairly polarizing movie as far as audience reaction goes since it's very much a slow buildup, but wow. I really really liked this. I'd put it up there with my favorite "horror" movies of all time. It just hits that general feeling of uneasiness that Kubrick's "The Shining" hit so well. The acting, the atmosphere, the music, and the subject matter are all just about perfect. Hell, even the time period it's based in just adds to it's creepiness.

Very polarizing is right. I have it as possibly the worst film I've seen in years.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Very polarizing is right. I have it as possibly the worst film I've seen in years.

o7x1oEZ.gif

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Agreed...it was a movie that was pretty good that not many have heard of.

It was kind of slow and probably a little to long and sparse at times but still really good.

Saw this about a week ago myself and I found it to be pretty good. Like you alluded to though, it dragged a little here and there. Primarily at the beginning when they were establishing some of the characters, I was bored enough to where I thought about just turning it off. However, once the group leaves town to go on their little adventure, it really picked up and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I just saw Creed. 12/10. Can't believe I didn't go see this one in theaters.

Easily in my top 5 movies of all time.

I've seen it twice now and both times I came away extremely impressed. Just a great movie. You think it's just going to be another Rocky movie, but it was a lot more than that. It very much reminded me of the first Rocky movie where it was about a whole lot more than just boxing.

On another note, a few weeks ago I saw the movie "Room".

10/10

I don't have kids and I'm a cold-hearted cynic, but I actually teared up a few times. That's extremely rare for me. Just an outstanding movie.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Creed 5/10

I know it had great reviews and a lot of people on this board loved it, but I just couldn't get into it. It seems that I've seen the story played out numerous times in so many other boxing movies. I could predict every thing that was going to happen. I will watch it again and see if my opinion changes. There are a few movies where I've watched more than once and my appreciation for the films have improved. In this movie I was bored throughout.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Creed 5/10

I know it had great reviews and a lot of people on this board loved it, but I just couldn't get into it. It seems that I've seen the story played out numerous times in so many other boxing movies. I could predict every thing that was going to happen. I will watch it again and see if my opinion changes. There are a few movies where I've watched more than once and my appreciation for the films have improved. In this movie I was bored throughout.

Yeah I didn't think it was anything special. Thought the last Rocky movie was better.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Walk in the Woods - Robert Redford and Nick Nolte
Kind of slow in parts, not rip roaring funny but a few spots to make you laugh and for a $0.99 movie I can't complain.