Rate the last movie you saw

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Watched the blu-ray of Star Wars TFA. Amazing it's out now before the official release.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Dawn%20Of%20Justice%20movie%20poster_zpsskai3upx.jpg​

6.5/10.0

Not the best start for the Justice League franchise, that's for sure. Zach Snyder felt it necessary to re-inject (at length) Batman's origin and unbreakable motivation for the first third of the movie (nearly half of the movie actually). I'm sitting there thinking screw moviegoers if they didn't absorb Christopher Nolan's cliff notes from Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises. It created a disjointed storyline due to Snyder switching back and forth frequently between explaining Wayne's reincarnation, Clark's burdensome dilemma, and Lex's plotting in the background. There's a long stretch of strained storytelling because of it.

That said, there is a plot despite what some have said. Events interlaced raggedly with each other at the beginning? True, but I would have a hard time (understatement) believing there are individuals who couldn't comprehend what they were seeing and what it all meant to the overall story.

Loves :) :

1. Every single scene following Martha Kent taking out the garbage
2. Wonder Woman (YES!)
3. Psychotically evil Luthor
4. Doomsday
5. The Superman/Messiah subplot

My one dislike, other than what I said previously, is (I'm sorry) Ben Affleck's acting as a superhero. His effort was better than his DareDevil thankfully. His Bruce Wayne was decent though.

Per Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, General audience appreciation rests above my grade. I'm very interested in seeing whether that will remain the case. Regardless, I like the movie a good deal especially with the introduction of the Amazon Princess. :D

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Dawn%20Of%20Justice%20movie%20poster_zpsskai3upx.jpg​

6.5/10.0

Not the best start for the Justice League franchise, that's for sure. Zach Snyder felt it necessary to re-inject (at length) Batman's origin and unbreakable motivation for the first third of the movie (nearly half of the movie actually). I'm sitting there thinking screw moviegoers if they didn't absorb Christopher Nolan's cliff notes from Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises. It created a disjointed storyline due to Snyder switching back and forth frequently between explaining Wayne's reincarnation, Clark's burdensome dilemma, and Lex's plotting in the background. There's a long stretch of strained storytelling because of it.

That said, there is a plot despite what some have said. Events interlaced raggedly with each other at the beginning? True, but I would have a hard time (understatement) believing there are individuals who couldn't comprehend what they were seeing and what it all meant to the overall story.

2. Wonder Woman (YES!)
4. Doomsday

My one dislike, other than what I said previously, is (I'm sorry) Ben Affleck's acting as a superhero. His effort was better than his DareDevil thankfully. His Bruce Wayne was decent though.

Per Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, General audience appreciation rests above my grade. I'm very interested in seeing whether that will remain the case. Regardless, I like the movie a good deal especially with the introduction of the Amazon Princess. :D

Good review but I'd rate it a tad lower. 3 out of 5 stars. I think maybe my expectations were too high.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Just got back from Dawn of Justice. Loved it!

I've never been a movie snob. I like things that are pretty simple. Don't go for the boring Oscar-worthy films. Love fights, explosions, cheesey one liners, and bright lights.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just got back from Dawn of Justice. Loved it!

I've never been a movie snob. I like things that are pretty simple. Don't go for the boring Oscar-worthy films. Love fights, explosions, cheesey one liners, and bright lights.

Depends on why you are board.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

6.5/10.0

2. Wonder Woman (YES!)
4. Doomsday

I'm changing my original grade to 7 out of 10. My wife and I saw it together today. I found myself appreciating more how Snyder laid the groundwork at the beginning. The first third of the movie is still muddled in its presentation but the presentation frames the rest of the movie really well. Seeing it a second time allowed me to take in Wayne's visions more deeply. They whet my appetite for what's to come in the JL franchise. Grim may be an understatement but it's definitely good for DC's film collection--although Snyder set that tone extremely well in Man of Steel.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally watched "Why Do Fools Fall in Love", which was made in 1998 and combines the story of Frankie Lymon of the musical group "Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers" and his supposed 3 wives, who looked to gain his estate after his passing due to a drug overdose in the late 60's.

The court fight didn't take place until the mid 80's, almost 20 years after his death.

Not a great movie, but a decent flick, with plenty of period music (and lip-synching).

The actor who portrayed Lymon didn't really resemble him... Lymon looked more like Gary Coleman.

But the actresses that portrayed the 3 ex-wives (including Halle Berry) were very good.

Lymon was your typical "shoot star" when it came to pop-music and his career quickly evaporated after about '59.

He became hooked on drugs at the age of 15 and they eventually claimed his life.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Finally watched "Why Do Fools Fall in Love", which was made in 1998 and combines the story of Frankie Lymon of the musical group "Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers" and his supposed 3 wives, who looked to gain his estate after his passing due to a drug overdose in the late 60's.

The court fight didn't take place until the mid 80's, almost 20 years after his death.

Not a great movie, but a decent flick, with plenty of period music (and lip-synching).

The actor who portrayed Lymon didn't really resemble him... Lymon looked more like Gary Coleman.

But the actresses that portrayed the 3 ex-wives (including Halle Berry) were very good.

Lymon was your typical "shoot star" when it came to pop-music and his career quickly evaporated after about '59.

He became hooked on drugs at the age of 15 and they eventually claimed his life.

Lymon was amazing when he 1st started out vocally and the way he danced.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lymon was amazing when he 1st started out vocally and the way he danced.

Exactly!

You can see the influence he had on the folks after him... Vocally, I've read he influenced the girl groups because of his high-pitched singing voice. And the dancing... he was ahead of his time.

It's too bad he's largely forgotten. Much of it because he died when he was 25. One of the first rock/pop stars to OD.

If he had survived into the 80's I could easily see him making a resurgence much like "Little Richard" and the early pioneers.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Exactly!

You can see the influence he had on the folks after him... Vocally, I've read he influenced the girl groups because of his high-pitched singing voice. And the dancing... he was ahead of his time.

It's too bad he's largely forgotten. Much of it because he died when he was 25. One of the first rock/pop stars to OD.

If he had survived into the 80's I could easily see him making a resurgence much like "Little Richard" and the early pioneers.

I want to see a true bio movie of Lymon and the Teenagers. Others I want also are The Big Bopper and The Bobby Fuller Four. And a movie about the Winter Dance Party, the last tour for BHolly, RValens, and The Bopper.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Spectre 7/10, really liked it but doesn't even compare to Skyfall. Daniel Craig is just awesome as Bond, sucks if that was his last one.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see a true bio movie of Lymon and the Teenagers. Others I want also are The Big Bopper and The Bobby Fuller Four. And a movie about the Winter Dance Party, the last tour for BHolly, RValens, and The Bopper.

Agreed. The Bopper's story is interesting. He was an older guy and was probably a one-hit wonder but he was an interesting character. He probably would have gotten more into the production side of things.

Another interesting thing about him is that his body was exhumed not long ago and moved from one cemetery to another. His family took the opportunity to have his body x-rayed for what damage his skeleton took during the crash-landing. Whoever treated the body at the original time of burial did a very good job, in that other than the color of the skin (it had a blue-ish tint to it) he looked like The Big Bopper.

They also said he was a large man and took a lot to get the body in & out of the casket.

Yeah, a good movie could be done that focused on the bus-tour... the crappy condition of the bus, the folks in the audience (Bob Dylan was at one of the stops), the plane crash and the aftermath– Bobby Vee getting his break by being invited to take one of now-empty spots.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BTW, one other thing about "Why Do Fools Fall in Love"... It showed (as we know) how crooked the promoters and producers were. The guy responsible for "Frankie Lymon Teenagers" collected $4 mil in royalties and didn't forward them to anyone... on top of that he took partial writing credit for one of the hit songs and he had nothing to do with it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Deadpool. 8/10. Funny, unique super hero movie. Plot was kind of meh, but the fart and ***** jokes kept it entertaining.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

6.5/10.0

2. Wonder Woman (YES!)
4. Doomsday

My first thought was why are they showing the Wayne death scene again.
Then when you realize both mothers are named Marla - Shazam! There's the link. Pretty good one I thought.
DE was that first time that has been used in sync like that? The "Marla/mother" connection?

I thought Lex was good.
He's just puny. Lol

Gail nailed Diana Prince.
They didn't show enough WW to say if they nailed her... I saw a cgi WW jump where she looked bigger lol... Very obvious.

I liked that batman could outsmart supes... But if supes goes all out attack, especially without "mercy" chat... Then walking down his bat opponent... He obliterates bats.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first thought was why are they showing the Wayne death scene again.
Then when you realize both mothers are named Marla - Shazam! There's the link. Pretty good one I thought.
DE was that first time that has been used in sync like that? The "Marla/mother" connection?
Any comics fan could tell you the two mothers' first names so the tie-in didn't shock me. And it's Martha, not Marla. :p
I thought Lex was good.
He's just puny. Lol
Agreed. I didn't have issues with Eisenberg's size. Luthor has morphed quite a bit over the past half century. He's been puny. He's been buff. Old. Young. Ugly. Handsome. Appearance didn't bother me. What I wanted to see was an eccentric yet pathological genius without him going over the top. For me, Eisenberg delivered that fairly well.
Gail nailed Diana Prince.
They didn't show enough WW to say if they nailed her... I saw a cgi WW jump where she looked bigger lol... Very obvious.
Gal :). Gadot won me over completely. I wish she had more screen time as Wonder Woman but I'm satisfied. The little smile that springs on her face during the fight made me say "YES!" a little more loudly than I should've said when I saw the movie the first time. Snyder got her right. I hope they stay true to the Amazon Princess from here on out.
I liked that batman could outsmart supes... But if supes goes all out attack, especially without "mercy" chat... Then walking down his bat opponent... He obliterates bats.
Of course he would annihilate Batman if he lacked moral constraint. Then again he wouldn't be Superman if that were the case. I think that's a sticking point for some moviegoers. Now Batman would've been deader than a doorknob if he had made it inside the combat zone during the Superman/Zod battle. Also, I think it's relevant to point out how Batman reacted to Doomsday trying to kill him. That was done really well.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Any comics fan could tell you the two mothers' first names so the tie-in didn't shock me. And it's Martha, not Marla. :p
Agreed. I didn't have issues with Eisenberg's size. Luthor has morphed quite a bit over the past half century. He's been puny. He's been buff. Old. Young. Ugly. Handsome. Appearance didn't bother me. What I wanted to see was an eccentric yet pathological genius without him going over the top. For me, Eisenberg delivered that fairly well.
Gal :). Gadot won me over completely. I wish she had more screen time as Wonder Woman but I'm satisfied. The little smile that springs on her face during the fight made me say "YES!" a little more loudly than I should've said when I saw the movie the first time. Snyder got her right. I hope they stay true to the Amazon Princess from here on out.
Of course he would annihilate Batman if he lacked moral constraint. Then again he wouldn't be Superman if that were the case. I think that's a sticking point for some moviegoers. Now Batman would've been deader than a doorknob if he had made it inside the combat zone during the Superman/Zod battle. Also, I think it's relevant to point out how Batman reacted to Doomsday trying to kill him. That was done really well.

Yeah, don't know why I put Marla. A good ex. Lol
No, I meant, I was asking you, the comic geek IF ... Thus was ever used before... Or was it first time?

I didn't mind that she didn't have a lot of screen time. Just an appetizer for her long time coming big screen movie. It's pretty cool, they accomplished the Lynda carter/Diana prince homage without it being obvious. Gal has the killer smile and eyes-look.

Agreed. The tie in was done really well. As well as could be done.

But wait.... Why did he tell his "dad" to get out of the building?
Did I hear that right?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, don't know why I put Marla. A good ex. Lol
No, I meant, I was asking you, the comic geek IF ... Thus was ever used before... Or was it first time?
Don't know. Don't think so. Don't know why it would've happened before.
I didn't mind that she didn't have a lot of screen time. Just an appetizer for her long time coming big screen movie. It's pretty cool, they accomplished the Lynda carter/Diana prince homage without it being obvious. Gal has the killer smile and eyes-look.
Homage? She was Diana Prince in the comics long before Carter played her in the series..?
But wait.... Why did he tell his "dad" to get out of the building?
Did I hear that right?
You didn't hear it right. :p

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Don't know. Don't think so. Don't know why it would've happened before.
Homage? She was Diana Prince in the comics long before Carter played her in the series..?
You didn't hear it right. :p

Geez. And I thought you were senior geek ;-)

Homage to Linda Carter. Like it or not she put WW on mainstream map.

What did he say then? Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez. And I thought you were senior geek ;-)

Homage to Linda Carter. Like it or not she put WW on mainstream map.

What did he say then? Lol
lol. I'm not an all-knowing oracle. Can you imagine just how many comics have ever been published? For DC alone??? :p

I'm not sure we share the same definition of the word homage. :)

Bruce was yelling "Jack." Jack O'Dwyer was the Metropolis branch executive for Wayne Corp.