Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Revenant - Liked the movie. I think you appreciate it even more when you realize that even though they took some liberties with the story, it was still based on a true story and in some areas the true story is even more incredible.
The move is long, probably could have been shorter. It is sparse and slow in areas but I think that is to try and establish how it was for the guy when he was trying to survive on his own and injured...it helped capture a sense of despair and isolation. Not sure if it was just the streaming copy I was watching, my tv or just issues with my own hearing but there were times when the audio was not up to par and I found it mostly when Tom Hardy's character was speaking in a normal tone. Just could not make out everything he was saying.

Either way it is a good movie to watch. I don't think I would own it unless it was in a discount bin. It is not a longer movie what I would find myself watching time after time after time like I do with Master and Commander. But it is still a good and impressive movie.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Creed 5/10

I know it had great reviews and a lot of people on this board loved it, but I just couldn't get into it. It seems that I've seen the story played out numerous times in so many other boxing movies. I could predict every thing that was going to happen. I will watch it again and see if my opinion changes. There are a few movies where I've watched more than once and my appreciation for the films have improved. In this movie I was bored throughout.

I laughed at the Brit he fought, the guy was acting all world, and his body was flabby. Too funny.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I Am Wrath - 15/10. This is a straight to video 80's style revenge tale starring John Travolta. Think Taken or John Wick and you have the basic premise. John Travolta has fake hair, and weird makeup, and is wearing a man girdle throughout, so he kind of looks like Michael Myers from Halloween. His sidekick, played by Chris Meloni, is an absolute riot. I recommend downing a few beers before watching. It is a laugh fest, all the way through.

ologan

Reaction score
The Revenant - Liked the movie. I think you appreciate it even more when you realize that even though they took some liberties with the story, it was still based on a true story and in some areas the true story is even more incredible.
The move is long, probably could have been shorter. It is sparse and slow in areas but I think that is to try and establish how it was for the guy when he was trying to survive on his own and injured...it helped capture a sense of despair and isolation. Not sure if it was just the streaming copy I was watching, my tv or just issues with my own hearing but there were times when the audio was not up to par and I found it mostly when Tom Hardy's character was speaking in a normal tone. Just could not make out everything he was saying.

Either way it is a good movie to watch. I don't think I would own it unless it was in a discount bin. It is not a longer movie what I would find myself watching time after time after time like I do with Master and Commander. But it is still a good and impressive movie.

Ahhhh....somebody else who likes Master and Commander!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
10 Cloverfield Lane - 8/10

Fantastic. Try to not have it spoiled for you before you see it, but even if it gets spoiled, it'd still be awesome. John Goodman is so damn awesome in this. He has those moments where he flashes that goofy smile and seems like good ol' jolly John Goodman, but then he flies off the handle and is just flat out scary.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
mmmm...lat movie i wach foo day ago.... hey idiofanta ....hey! ouch my ballz is on! go away!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
mmmm...lat movie i wach foo day ago.... hey idiofanta ....hey! ouch my ballz is on! go away!

EblM61c.gif

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It Follows - low budget film that I thought was a Canadian film but was in Michigan Weird pacing and odd how they made the film feel like it was a mix of 70 through modern time frame.
Also the type of film that I think would be much better with more budget and a few script changes. Basic premise is that someone has sex and passes some kind of evil spirit when they do. After they pass it to the new person... Some force follows that new person and tries to kill them. They are the only ones who see this force that seems to take the shape of various people... The only way to escape is to have sex and pass it on.

Let us Prey - Sir Davos the onion Knight plays in this foreign film. He shows up in a police station and all hell breaks loose. I liked this movie for all of the odd stuff going on. Reminds me of Needful Things.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/the%20huntsman%20winter%20war_zps1cjnhyjd.jpg​

4.5/10.0

Remove Snow White out of the Snow White story. Insert dwarves into a Snow White story without Snow White. Create an evil queen who doesn't have any malice towards Snow White in a Snow White story. Finally, extremely limit the interaction of the original evil queen who died in the original Snow White movie in the sequel without Snow White. Mix it all together and you get The Huntsman: Winter's War.

You do get to find out more about the huntsmen. Chris Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain make a very cute couple but their romance is short-changed by the story. The movie doesn't have Kristen Stewart though, which is definitely a plus in any which way imaginable.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/the%20jungle%20book_zpsssamjbf1.jpg​

7.5/10.0

A live action version of the classic animated Disney movie done right! Neel Sethi is a great Mowgli. Practically all of the voicework is first-rate. Was Scarlett Johansson's voice chilling enough for Kaa? You be the judge. Idris Elba (Shere Khan), Lupita Nyong'o (Raksha), Ben Kingsley (Bagheera), and Bill Murray (who else could do Baloo as well???) voice dialogue were solid fits for their roles.

When has Christopher Walker tried not stealing the spotlight in a movie? The Jungle Book is no exception from the trend. Walker's voice cameo as King Louie may be short but it's very memorable. The animal mannerisms are as accurate and wildly varied as the multitude of animals inhabiting the jungle. Rarely does Disney disappoint with its CGI work and they deliver in TJB. Special props to the movie's lead-in sequence. It's an excellent tie-in for the movie and Disney's Magic and Animal Kingdom theme parks.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Walking Tall"

Not the Rock remake, but the 1973 movie that launched the franchise.

It's the embellished true story of Buford Pusser who took on the "Dixie Mafia" in Tennessee in the 1960's.

It use to be on TV a lot in the late 70's and 80's but haven't seen it listed in a long time. The 2004 version with the Rock is on quite often.

Anyway the film is extremely violent for the era, the acting is a over-the-top in places and some of the circumstances seem contrived, but overall it's an entertaining flick.

There are many elements though that are actual such as Buford's wife being murdered in an ambush.

Pusser was one of the advisors for the film and was set to star as himself in the sequel, but was killed in a motor vehicle accident prior to the start of filming. As a side note, Elvis attended his funeral.

It's a very dated 70's film but it's still fun to watch. If anyone reads his story, Buford Pusser was quite the guy... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buford_Pusser

7/10

Kevinicus

Reaction score
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/the%20jungle%20book_zpsssamjbf1.jpg​

7.5/10.0

A live action version of the classic animated Disney movie done right! Neel Sethi is a great Mowgli. Practically all of the voicework is first-rate. Was Scarlett Johansson's voice chilling enough for Kaa? You be the judge. Idris Elba (Shere Khan), Lupita Nyong'o (Raksha), Ben Kingsley (Bagheera), and Bill Murray (who else could do Baloo as well???) voice dialogue were solid fits for their roles.

When has Christopher Walker tried not stealing the spotlight in a movie? The Jungle Book is no exception from the trend. Walker's voice cameo as King Louie may be short but it's very memorable. The animal mannerisms are as accurate and wildly varied as the multitude of animals inhabiting the jungle. Rarely does Disney disappoint with its CGI work and they deliver in TJB. Special props to the movie's lead-in sequence. It's an excellent tie-in for the movie and Disney's Magic and Animal Kingdom theme parks.

Was just going to rate this. I give it a 5/10. I thought it was very bland and cookie cutter, and very much a kids movie. I didn't feel it offered much of anything for anyone over the age of 10. My wife liked it though. Only a few moments of Bill Murray charm did much of anything for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Captain%20America%20Civil%20War_zpscuwuw6i1.jpg​

9.0/10.0
Captain America said:
You know, if the world finds out he's here, they will come for him.
Black Panther said:
Let them try.

Freaking goosebumps. The Disney/Marvel Studios marriage doesn't take a backseat to anyone translating character to film. The same goes for casting. Chadwick Boseman IS T'Challa. Regal. Uncompromising. Relentless. Powerful. Welcome to the Marvel Films family, Panther.

The movie does many things very well and ties them altogether. Rogers' unwavering loyalty. Stark's big picture realism. Romanoff's strong desire for equitable compromise. Barnes' inescapable challenges preventing him from reclaiming his own life. Both Wilson and Rhodes supporting their devoted friendships for Captain American and Iron Man no matter the circumstance or comflict. T'Challa's revenge crusade. Even the budding romance between Maximoff and Vision melds seamlessly with Wanda's newly found comprehension of the consequences of her using her powers and The Vision's compassion to support and protect her from the dangers attracted by her actions.

I didn't expect the subdued direction that the story took with Zemo's characters but I may have loved his devious machinations in the movie most of all. The re-introduced Spider-Man didn't wow me as much as I thought it would but I was highly impressed with Tom Holland as Peter Parker [I still prefer Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker out of the three so far but I believe Holland will win me over in short order in his upcoming films.] Spider-Man's dialogue was good but so was Lang's. Some of the Marvel audience doesn't care much for Ant-Man but Paul Rudd continues delivering a witty, unconventional, situational superhero with underappreciated technological abilities. Barton receives about the same face time that he got in the original Thor film but he provides the staunch supporter of reason held opposite of Stark's viewpoint.

I'm not as big of a critic of The Incredible Hulk as some and I liked William Hurt's reprisal of General Ross' character--albeit as Secretary of State this go-round. They keep re-inserting Emily VanCamp into Cap's movies. Frankly, I love it and love how they keep evolving her character with Steve's. I know Everett Ross has a snitty attitude and the actor playing him brings it during the second Barnes act (no spoiler) but I hope that his attitude is more refined in the upcoming Panther movie(s) or any other movies Marvel plans for him.

Alfre Woodard's cameo is very brief but potent. Equally so was John Kani's cameo. Marisa Tomei was kinda meh but her Aunt May will probably be much better in the upcoming Spider-Man movies than Sally Fields' or (I don't even remember the actress who played the character in the first Spider-Man movie run) since Marvel has control of the franchise now.

In short, there is a lot to say about the movie. The plot layers are constructed well. The choreographed CGI fights are superb [although I still give Age of Avengers group Ultron fight the slightest nod over the group clash in CA:CW.] This was a great successor to CA:TWS and even A:AOU. Disney/Marvel doesn't fit their stories in bubbles, creating what if scenarios involving enhanced and highly skilled beings trying to maintain order in a world both grateful and frightened of them. CA:CW accomplishes that and more.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Cop Car 8/10

Very interesting movie with great cinematography and plot.

Always liked Kevin Bacon and that's why i gave it it a chance...turned out to be a good movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cop Car 8/10

Very interesting movie with great cinematography and plot.

Always liked Kevin Bacon and that's why i gave it it a chance...turned out to be a good movie.

I enjoyed this movie as well however the wife and I were laughing when he was running in the fields.. Run Forrest run.

rynochop

Reaction score
Hateful Eight 5:10. I read a lot of the bad reviews, and I've learned over time I usually end up liking the movie if I go in with low expectations. But, yeah, this one is definitely at the bottom of my Tarantino list. Just kind of found it boring, QT writes great dialogue, but it still didn't help.
The girl actress wasn't all that great, and not that hateable to enjoy seeing her killed. I did lol at the having to hammer the two pieces of wood to keep the door closed from the blizzard. Tarantino should make a straight up comedy at some point

DallasDomination

Reaction score
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/the%20huntsman%20winter%20war_zps1cjnhyjd.jpg​

4.5/10.0

Remove Snow White out of the Snow White story. Insert dwarves into a Snow White story without Snow White. Create an evil queen who doesn't have any malice towards Snow White in a Snow White story. Finally, extremely limit the interaction of the original evil queen who died in the original Snow White movie in the sequel without Snow White. Mix it all together and you get The Huntsman: Winter's War.

You do get to find out more about the huntsmen. Chris Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain make a very cute couple but their romance is short-changed by the story. The movie doesn't have Kristen Stewart though, which is definitely a plus in any which way imaginable.

Yeah I agree what the hell were they thinking. I figured Snow white would make an appearance at the end, but they didn't even do that.

4/10

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Lobster

A weird, semi-dark movie. It was my kind of strange.

The Nice Guys

This was great. Crowe and Gosling did a terrific job. Some nice tributes to the Rockford Files. Very entertaining.