Rate the last movie you saw

yimyammer

Reaction score
Atomic Blonde

I am not even sure how to rate this movie, it barely peaked my interest. I almost stopped it mid-way through until Theron started gracing me with her Bi-interest :lmao:

If it weren't for that, there is no way I finish this movie. If you have not seen it........wait for HBO :cool:

It was one of the weirdest movies that I have seen in some time..........still not sure what I just watched :D

Ok, I'm guessing you're in your 20's because I thought this movie was great but I grew up in the era so much of the movie paid homage to. My girlfriend and I really liked it but we left wondering whether people who didn't grow up in the 80's would get or appreciate.

It was one of my favorite movies of this year but if you didnt experience the climate of the Cold War and the music and style of the 80's it might be hard to appreciate.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok, I'm guessing you're in your 20's because I thought this movie was great but I grew up in the era so much of the movie paid homage to. My girlfriend and I really liked it but we left wondering whether people who didn't grow up in the 80's would get or appreciate.

It was one of my favorite movies of this year but if you didnt experience the climate of the Cold War and the music and style of the 80's it might be hard to appreciate.

I grew up in the 80's and love everything about that decade, just couldn't get into it. It was the acting and weirdness of the movie, not the era.

As for Geostorm, I went in looking for nothing but action. I wasn't expecting an Academy Award movie or anything, just enjoyment. I was pleasantly surprised :thumbup:

yimyammer

Reaction score
I grew up in the 80's and love everything about that decade, just couldn't get into it. It was the acting and weirdness of the movie, not the era.

As for Geostorm, I went in looking for nothing but action. I wasn't expecting an Academy Award movie or anything, just enjoyment. I was pleasantly surprised :thumbup:

wow, epitome of different strokes, eh?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Geostorm 9/10

Fantastic movie, loved it. I will be buying this one on Bluray :flagwave:

It was a fun ride.
As long as you don’t let the geek in you rip it apart.
Just suspend your disbelief and enjoy!

Blanchett was really great.
I really hope her character isn't actually...

Side note: She looks really good for pushing 50.

She was great.
She should have had a little more displayed action.
Awesome character. She was perfect.

The only thing that could kill her planted her firmly into planet then it exploded so.... hmmmm...

really? Everyone has been dogging it so Im surprised to hear this

Geo storm is definitely worth a play.
Don’t listen to the noise.

Probably should have been called... Geostorn has Fallen lol

I was really looking forward to this movie.... I’m in my 40s... it just never took off... need to finish last 1/4 of movie still. It’s a no recommend from me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok

It was a fun ride. 7.75 of 10

Never a big fan of this character but his movies have been enjoyable.

Pros:

1. Lots of humor
2. Great action for all main characters
3. Loki is long term villain .... ALWAYS lol

Cons:

1. You finally give him a helmet and you cut his hair. No like.
2. Trailer should NOT have shown Hulk. That should have been a surprise... like Thor was surprised and Loki was pooping de pants!
3. Jeff Goldblum. One of my fav actors and while he did pull it off... he was “Jeff Goldblum” in a Thor movie.
Ala Stallone in GOTG2. I didn’t like that.

Ps. Loki.... whatchu gonna do with that thing?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thor: Ragnarok

It was a fun ride. 7.75 of 10

Never a big fan of this character but his movies have been enjoyable.

Pros:

1. Lots of humor
2. Great action for all main characters
3. Loki is long term villain .... ALWAYS lol

Cons:

1. You finally give him a helmet and you cut his hair. No like.
2. Trailer should NOT have shown Hulk. That should have been a surprise... like Thor was surprised and Loki was pooping de pants!
3. Jeff Goldblum. One of my fav actors and while he did pull it off... he was “Jeff Goldblum” in a Thor movie.
Ala Stallone in GOTG2. I didn’t like that.

Ps. Loki.... whatchu gonna do with that thing?

He's gonna hand it over to protect his own hide.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether or not Hela survives Surtur is a good question. There is a strong possibility that Thanos has a hand in her return if Marvel does not get completely away from the Ragnarok legend it has played around with for decades. Thanos and Hela have a connection in the books, primarily due to his affection for the embodiment of Death itself--which sometimes has been associated with the Asgardian god of Death, Hela.

Thanos will assemble all of the Infinity stones at some point, so he will have the power to do practically anything. Then there is Hela herself, who could have used her own power over death to beat the odds. One can never know. Marvel has been making constant changes with its Cinematic Universe that do not necessarily coincide with its paperback titles. For example, Loki is Hela's father in the books.

So Hela may make a return. I hope so. Blanchett was kicking butt in the film. I would like to see more of it on a more cosmic scale (e.g. the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War). Then again, I would not mind seeing a return of Red Skull, Ronin, and Malekith if Marvel will have characters returning from certain doom.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
HELLBOY II the golden army

" welcome to the TROLL MARKET ":lmao:

I'm rewatching it right now, as the first time I just couldn't get into it, but towards the end I kinda started paying attention, it's kinda a neat flick if that type of movie is your bag,,,I was pushing a shopping cart and you find those bins near check out with 2for $5 DVD's or similar,,, I fished that and 'land of the lost' with WIL FERRELL out a few days back:lmao:

yimyammer

Reaction score
Murder on the Orient Express

7/10

I enjoyed the cinematography, characters, era that was portrayed but the case was ok. I liked all the original Agatha Christie movies so I'm happy to see them resumed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is going to be bad boy Loki 2.0

I'll disagree with you on that.

I don't foresee "bad boy Loki" returning. Too much love for Hiddleston in the "will he, won't he" role to go back to a one note bad guy.

Besides, I don't expect Thanos to want or need his help either. I think he gives Thanos the Tessaract that he owes him (minus the mind Stone he lost) simply to survive to see another day.

But we'll see which of us ends up being right (though not soon enough!)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'll disagree with you on that.

I don't foresee "bad boy Loki" returning. Too much love for Hiddleston in the "will he, won't he" role to go back to a one note bad guy.

Besides, I don't expect Thanos to want or need his help either. I think he gives Thanos the Tessaract that he owes him (minus the mind Stone he lost) simply to survive to see another day.

But we'll see which of us ends up being right (though not soon enough!)

So.... he helps a bad guy?

Then I’m right... or more right than you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So.... he helps a bad guy?

Then I’m right... or more right than you.

He saves his own hide.

But if that's what you consider "evil Loki 2.0" and being "right"? Sure...

I don't expect him to be standing beside Thanos for long.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm trying out a new rating system...

Kidnap - Dear God, how did Halle Berry ever win an Oscar?/10

The Dark Tower - Completely pointless/10.