Rate the last movie you saw

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Murder on the Orient Express 7.5/10

Excellent ensemble cast. Kenneth Branagh stole the show as Hercule Poirot. Opulent setting on the Orient Express with outstanding sceanary (although, most probably CGI).

A bit predictable storyline, though

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Kong: Skull Island -- 7/10

Streaming on HBO. Expectations were low but it was much better than anticipated. It got my attention with the opening scene. Very familiar story but the director was aiming much higher than the usual fare.

Samuel L Jackson is doing his usual. There are moments early on when it looks like he's almost going to try acting...but nah. Just do that thing you do, Sam. John C Reilly's character was from way out in left field and was the most interesting part of the movie. Music selection was very trite. You'd think there are only eight or so songs from that era.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kong skull Island. Better than I expected her at the same time I think there was room for improvement

Wonder Woman... Friends kept telling me watch, that it was better than expected.

Although it was better than the turd fest of batman vs superman... I still did not see what was so great about it. Captain America was a hell of a lot better IMO... And this seemed like a ripoff of the that with an origin change up. Sorry... I thought it was blah. Even the villian were kindof generic. One good thing was it was a $0.99 special rental on Google play. If J would have rented it for normal $4.99 I would have been upset. Even the sale price of $9.99 to buy it is not worth it to me.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Kong skull Island. Better than I expected her at the same time I think there was room for improvement

Wonder Woman... Friends kept telling me watch, that it was better than expected.

Although it was better than the turd fest of batman vs superman... I still did not see what was so great about it. Captain America was a hell of a lot better IMO... And this seemed like a ripoff of the that with an origin change up. Sorry... I thought it was blah. Even the villian were kindof generic. One good thing was it was a $0.99 special rental on Google play. If J would have rented it for normal $4.99 I would have been upset. Even the sale price of $9.99 to buy it is not worth it to me.

Actually, forgot that my wife and I watched Wonder Women the other day too. It must have been too hyped because I wasn’t overly impressed by it all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Oh I forgot. Not long ago I saw American Made. The movie about Barry Seal. It was pretty good.

As much as I hate Tom Cruise, he is definitely a good actor.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Valerian

3/10

I’m writing this review as I’m supposed to be watching the movie. I don’t know the lead male actor’s name but he was horrible. Had this lame throaty voice the entire time. Overall, poorly scripted and written. Was a bit like the 5th Element but less entertaining and likable.

That about sums it up. Pretty to look at (kind of) but nothing at all worth caring about.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Oh I forgot. Not long ago I saw American Made. The movie about Barry Seal. It was pretty good.

I forgot to mention it as well, twas good!

(not a fan of cruise either, mainly because of his weird scientology crap)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The autopsy of Jane Doe.

Really have not heard of the movie so the expectations were low. Movie easily exceeded expectations.
I think is like finding one of those hidden gems and you get to let others know to give it a chance.

Father and son coroner working in old house that has been used as coroner's place for years.

Big storm approaching the area and just before they are going g to leave the local sheriff brings In another body.

The body is of a young woman I here 20's. However nothing is normal about the body and things get weirder and weirder as they go until it turns into a good old fashioned horror story from the 80's or so.

The end reveal is kinda of cool and how everything tied together.

NICE surprise and definitely worth a check out for those that like horror and suspense. @MichaelWinicki will enjoy this if he has not seen it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The autopsy of Jane Doe.

Really have not heard of the movie so the expectations were low. Movie easily exceeded expectations.
I think is like finding one of those hidden gems and you get to let others know to give it a chance.

Father and son coroner working in old house that has been used as coroner's place for years.

Big storm approaching the area and just before they are going g to leave the local sheriff brings In another body.

The body is of a young woman I here 20's. However nothing is normal about the body and things get weirder and weirder as they go until it turns into a good old fashioned horror story from the 80's or so.

The end reveal is kinda of cool and how everything tied together.

NICE surprise and definitely worth a check out for those that like horror and suspense. @MichaelWinicki will enjoy this if he has not seen it.

I think it's on Shudder and I've considered watching it recently but haven't pulled the trigger.

I guess I'm going to have to!

paladin

Reaction score
Wonder woman 6/10, Fun but I wonder in a month if I will have forgotten it completely
M - 8/10 Classic Fritz Lang, German. Peter Lorre is superb, a child killer on the loose.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bought the movie "Life" in ultra HD Blue Ray for my new TV just to check out the quality, and wow, what a unique movie.

Definitely worth the watch!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Bought the movie "Life" in ultra HD Blue Ray for my new TV just to check out the quality, and wow, what a unique movie.

Definitely worth the watch!
I didn't think it was unique, at all, but I enjoyed it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Watched that last night, really enjoyed it.

It is crazy that he made over $60 million in the 80s

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
mother!

I really enjoyed it. The trailer made it look like something completely different, which is why it was trashed by critics. So much imagery and over the top symbolism. Pretty ballsy of Aronofsky to make this film. Good performances all around.

8/10