Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gifted - Bigger budget version of a lifetime movie channel movie. Easily a chick flick. With that said... It was OK for the genre and audience it targeted. So if you have a female friend (wife or not) who wants to see a chick flick... Suggest this one. You can live through it lol.

Cloverfield... Just not getting thetlove for this one. Only a little ways in and had to take a break from the one woman yelling Jason over and over in an annoying way. Will try to give the rest of it a try later.

Madea's Boo 2 - I normally like the madea comedy movies (not so keep on the Tyler serious ones) And although they are normally silly I still enjoy them. Liked the first Boo movie even though it was not the best Madea comedy. Boo 2 was a serious let down. The girl learned nothing from the first movie and if anything was even more of a brat that needed a beating. Also.. It just was not as funny.
I can't tolerate movies like Cloverfield or Blair Witch, shot like an amateur video. It's just annoying. Though there's some type of Cloverfield series coming out on Netflix that looks interesting.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Saw 15;17 to Paris. Really enjoyed the movie. The kids that actually stopped the attack on the train played their own selves in the movie. The kids while true heros can;t act a lick but that did not stop the movie from being good. The audience applauded at the end and you felt proud for what those kids accomplished. Eastwood is the man when making movies. Really enjoy teh movies he puts together. How he took those kids that cant act and make a successful movie just with the story and back story was amazing. 7 out of 10 for sure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't tolerate movies like Cloverfield or Blair Witch, shot like an amateur video. It's just annoying. Though there's some type of Cloverfield series coming out on Netflix that looks interesting.
They played it after the SB and it got hammered. The original "Cloverfield" is on my never watch again list. I agree on the hand held camera crap and if they're gonna make a monster movie, have a freakin' monster.

And speaking of monster movies, and I was, if you get the chance check out "Grabbers" and "Big *** Spider", funny as hell. "Grabbers" is set in Ireland and the only way to keep the monsters at bay is with alcohol and they actually have a town drunk named Paddy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It kept my attention for a kid movie which is more than I can say for quite a few of them.
I don't like kids' movies since that sick and twisted Disney scarred me with "Old Yeller", he didn't have to die, plenty of humans that could have gone ahead of him. "Cujo"? Yeah, get that, that's King. But Disney? C'mon and what's with them killing off the parents like Dumbo's Mom and Simba's Dad? Glad they left out Herbie the Love Bug's Mom was a 54 Studebaker sold for parts at a salvage yard. They're sick I tell ya! However, I must commend them for rescuing "Star Wars" from Lucas. Next up was Jar Jar Binks leading the Ewoks against the Ooompa Loompa's,

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't like kids' movies since that sick and twisted Disney scarred me with "Old Yeller", he didn't have to die, plenty of humans that could have gone ahead of him. "Cujo"? Yeah, get that, that's King. But Disney? C'mon and what's with them killing off the parents like Dumbo's Mom and Simba's Dad? Glad they left out Herbie the Love Bug's Mom was a 54 Studebaker sold for parts at a salvage yard. They're sick I tell ya! However, I must commend them for rescuing "Star Wars" from Lucas. Next up was Jar Jar Binks leading the Ewoks against the Ooompa Loompa's,
Bambi's mom.....That scene was completely unnecessary to the plot of the movie. The producers added that in just to make kids cry!

timb2

Reaction score
Watched the movie "Kicks" 8 out of 10 stars. Pretty good a 15 year old kid saves up for a new pair of Air Jordans and a bully thug steals them and he is a small kid but wants his Jordans and respect back. His family & friends try to help him and he realizes later how much his anger to get his Jordans cost him over a material item.Messed up what the thug did but he changed and lost more than gain His Uncle wants nothing to do with him,his cousin probably will die from a gunshot wound,and his two best friends leave him because violence over a pair of Jordan's which they almost lost their lives helping him.Thug was a jerk but the 15year old changed from a cool nice kid to a reputation of being a thug almost also killing the thug and ruining his own life in the process.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the movie "Kicks" 8 out of 10 stars. Pretty good a 15 year old kid saves up for a new pair of Air Jordans and a bully thug steals them and he is a small kid but wants his Jordans and respect back. His family & friends try to help him and he realizes later how much his anger to get his Jordans cost him over a material item.Messed up what the thug did but he changed and lost more than gain His Uncle wants nothing to do with him,his cousin probably will die from a gunshot wound,and his two best friends leave him because violence over a pair of Jordan's which they almost lost their lives helping him.Thug was a jerk but the 15year old changed from a cool nice kid to a reputation of being a thug almost also killing the thug and ruining his own life in the process.
SPOILER ALERT!!!! Well, thanks a lot timmyb2 informative! Thanks for blowing the whole movie for the rest of us.

Just for that, I may tell you who doesn't make it back from the trip out on the Orca.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Cloverfield Paradox

5/10

Meh, story seemed oddly pieced together and wasn't as intriguing as it could have been.

Xelda

Reaction score
I recently saw Captain Underpants and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. 8/10

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Panther 8/10

Not having really known what the premise was before watching, I thought it was really good. However, I had questions that I think someone more familiar with the comic would know beforehand.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Black Panther 8/10

Not having really known what the premise was before watching, I thought it was really good. However, I had questions that I think someone more familiar with the comic would know beforehand.
Yeah, my only knowledge of Black Panther is what they've shown in the previous Marvel movies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, my only knowledge of Black Panther is what they've shown in the previous Marvel movies.
I don't even recall seeing any reference in other movies. But you know what? I don't feel left out about it. I got the gist of the story and I think that's what the movie was about. Establishing the foundation. It was good, tho.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't even recall seeing any reference in other movies. But you know what? I don't feel left out about it. I got the gist of the story and I think that's what the movie was about. Establishing the foundation. It was good, tho.
Did you not see Captain America: Civil War?