Rate the last movie you saw

timb2

Reaction score
Swing Kids---8 out of 10.....Placed right before WW2 in Germany where the German kids who like American Swing music are being pushed against by the rise of Hitler and the *****

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just off the top of my head I remember Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, and Brian Dennehy (very big at the time coming off 'Rambo' and a very good foil for hero types).
Scott Glenn and Kevin Costner. And the film score was terrific, just like the old big score westerns.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Planes,Trains&Automobiles...watch it every Thanksgiving.
10/10.

one of the funniest movies ever...a timeless classic.
Hits the heart just right too, Candy could play the sad man as well as anyone who ever did it. Every movie I've ever seen him in, I just want to give him a hug. Except JFK.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also a favorite of mine, I think Tombstone had one of the best casts ever assembled.
If you can find it online, read how it got saved after the studio fired the director because he was too OCD and anal about everything about the set and way over budget. Kurt Russell basically saved it as the new director, Cosmatos, asked Russell for his help. The cast, Paxton, Boothe, Elliott, Kilmer, Thornton, Biehn, all gave Russell credit for saving it and they all loved doing it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Robin Hood - Well, I wouldn't say it was a complete disaster. Some of the action was solid, and the performances were solid. Egerton definitely has charm and charisma to lead a good film. The problem is the story is the same ole same ole with slight variations that aren't interesting or noteworthy, and the world they have created is just a big Why? I do not understand the style they went with here. It just doesn't work.

Overall I's give it a 5/10. Fine for a mindless diversion some afternoon on HBO, but don't waste your money (thank God for AMC A-List).

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
MV5BNWVlMjQ3MjItOWE3YS00YTYwLWE0ZDMtZWMyZWY1NzkxNWIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

5.5/10 Nothing original here. Basically Law Abiding Citizen with a female lead. Unbelievable, but watchable if you're not looking for anything with depth.

timb2

Reaction score
Robin Hood - Well, I wouldn't say it was a complete disaster. Some of the action was solid, and the performances were solid. Egerton definitely has charm and charisma to lead a good film. The problem is the story is the same ole same ole with slight variations that aren't interesting or noteworthy, and the world they have created is just a big Why? I do not understand the style they went with here. It just doesn't work.

Overall I's give it a 5/10. Fine for a mindless diversion some afternoon on HBO, but don't waste your money (thank God for AMC A-List).
Robin Hood 2018's biggest movie to bomb. Cost over 90 million takes in 14 million in 5 days.

Johnny23

Reaction score
A Star is Born. 9/10. Really enjoyed it and I am not a fan of musicals persay.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Six-String Samurai.
Wonderful low budget movie that's extremely well done. Better than El Mariachi and it was Robert Rodriguez who gave me my in, in the business so bias be damned.
Outstanding soundtrack and great character acting.
This is a great movie and I am not Rick-Rolling here. I'm serious.

maxresdefault.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Creed 2

Man this movie was really about fathers and sons.... not about boxing.
Apollo and Adonis
Ivan and Viktor
Rocky and Robert
And even Duke and his son

My rating : 7 out of 10
Masterfully tying together 6 Rocky movies and one other Creed movie

My rating for the Rocky franchise: 6 out of 10
You never get that Rocky adrenaline pump in either creed movie. That’s no ones fault though.
Apollo and Adonis were great fighters. They were assassins. No need for Rocky heroics.

“You fight great, but I’m a great fighter”

bb721

Reaction score
Just off the top of my head I remember Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, and Brian Dennehy (very big at the time coming off 'Rambo' and a very good foil for hero types).

A few of the others were Kevin Costner, Scott Glenn, Jeff Goldblum, Linda Hunt, John Cleese, Rosanna Arquette and Jeff Fahey.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Instant Family - 5/10. Eh, it's okay I guess. Rose Byrne is pretty damned annoying the first half of the movie with some overly excited acting. Not sure if it's her, or if that's what they were going for, but she needed to reign it in a little. Got a few chuckles out of it, but not a lot of laughs. Nice family film I guess. Predictable and sappy as you'd expect.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum - 7/10 Korean horror movie with Go pro footage of an asylum investigation. It's like Grave Encounters mixed with Blair Witch Project. It creeped me out more than those and I found it enjoyable.

Radius: 6.5/10 - A man with amnesia can't get near people or they die. I found the story intriguing for a film with little fanfare.