Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Nun - Really liked the Conjuring 1 and 2. Liked the second Annabelle but hated the first one.

The nun was a let down. I hyped it up in my mind and it did not come close to being as good as I thought it could be. It was not as bad as the first annabelle but not even close to the Conjuring movies IMO.

Brooklyn's Finest - Not bad. Heard it was kind of a sequel to Training Day...Don't know if that was true or not or it was just because Hawke was in it and it was a cop/detective type movie.

It was basically broke down to three stories with Ethan Hawke, Don Cheadle and Richard Gere each having a story. It slightly crosses over at the end and I mean slightly. Not terrible but nowhere as good as training day imo.

Killer Elite - Seen Jason Statham, Robert Deniro and Clive Owen and figured it had to be good even though it was a few years old and I don't remember hearing about it. Well...Did not even finish it. Just could not get into it. Not really terrible but just could not keep my interest.

Ballad of Buster Scruggs - Thought this would be better than it was. Bunch of short stories or chapters to a book. The individual clips are not bad but they are too short and do not seem to relate to each other except for being set back in the old west. Did not finish it so maybe they connected better in the end but heard they did not. Just did not care for how it was basically short stories. On a related note I don't care for some authors Short Stories books either even if I really like the writer like Stephen King for example.

Rampage - Did not have high expectations for this movie and it did not exceed my expectations lol. The Ape doing a couple of dirty hand gestures (sign language) was the high lite of the hole movie IMO.

Moving Violations - Older 80's lower budget movie I had not seen in years. Found it on Youtube. Even worse than I remember it being way back in the day. They had Stacy Keaches brother and Bill Murrays brother playing the main good and bad guy. Although there was a young Jennifer Tilley, Fred Ward and a small part for Don Cheadle in his first film...it was a stinker. Only a couple of half way funny parts and one included the Wendy's where's the beef advert old lady for those that remember that old line they used to do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Nun - Really liked the Conjuring 1 and 2. Liked the second Annabelle but hated the first one.

The nun was a let down. I hyped it up in my mind and it did not come close to being as good as I thought it could be. It was not as bad as the first annabelle but not even close to the Conjuring movies IMO.

Brooklyn's Finest - Not bad. Heard it was kind of a sequel to Training Day...Don't know if that was true or not or it was just because Hawke was in it and it was a cop/detective type movie.

It was basically broke down to three stories with Ethan Hawke, Don Cheadle and Richard Gere each having a story. It slightly crosses over at the end and I mean slightly. Not terrible but nowhere as good as training day imo.

Killer Elite - Seen Jason Statham, Robert Deniro and Clive Owen and figured it had to be good even though it was a few years old and I don't remember hearing about it. Well...Did not even finish it. Just could not get into it. Not really terrible but just could not keep my interest.

Ballad of Buster Scruggs - Thought this would be better than it was. Bunch of short stories or chapters to a book. The individual clips are not bad but they are too short and do not seem to relate to each other except for being set back in the old west. Did not finish it so maybe they connected better in the end but heard they did not. Just did not care for how it was basically short stories. On a related note I don't care for some authors Short Stories books either even if I really like the writer like Stephen King for example.

Rampage - Did not have high expectations for this movie and it did not exceed my expectations lol. The Ape doing a couple of dirty hand gestures (sign language) was the high lite of the hole movie IMO.

Moving Violations - Older 80's lower budget movie I had not seen in years. Found it on Youtube. Even worse than I remember it being way back in the day. They had Stacy Keaches brother and Bill Murrays brother playing the main good and bad guy. Although there was a young Jennifer Tilley, Fred Ward and a small part for Don Cheadle in his first film...it was a stinker. Only a couple of half way funny parts and one included the Wendy's where's the beef advert old lady for those that remember that old line they used to do.

Moving Violations brings back memories. They played the crap out of that on HBO (or one of the movie channels back in the day). Bill Murray's much less talented brother trying his best to imitate him and his trademark snark. I can only imagine the director "do it like your brother would!"

kristie

Reaction score
ralph wrecks the internet

my husband wanted to go see this because he absolutely loved the first one so we did. I found it to be cute & funny with some lame moments but overall very good.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
A Star is Born - 6.5/10
Good for what it is, I guess. Boring in some parts, your SO will probably like it. The music was good.

Predator - 4/10
They should probably stop making these. A bonus point for Olivia Munn ;)

Venom - 4.5/10
Really bad dialog & writing. Cheesy. Tom Hardy's acting is the only thing really going for this film. Sad seeing the Stan Lee Cameo (was this his last?) Give this one to Disney.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Into the Blue - 5/10 The story, acting, etc. isn't particularly good, but I could spend days just watching Jessica Alba swim underwater.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Into the Blue - 5/10 The story, acting, etc. isn't particularly good, but I could spend days just watching Jessica Alba swim underwater.

A little harsh on the grading. I can watch it anytime when I see it on. I practically live underwater, so it is up my alley. Alba alone is some scenes makes it an automatic 8 or 9 :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A little harsh on the grading. I can watch it anytime when I see it on. I practically live underwater, so it is up my alley. Alba alone is some scenes makes it an automatic 8 or 9 :thumbup:
How about we give it a 7.5....5 for the movie and 10 for Jessica?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ready Player One : Watched it the first time and thought it was ok but not a movie that was great.
However I have actually watched it two other times. Not really because it is great. I think it is because each time you watch it you find more
little images or sayings of pop culture that makes it kind of fun. Like with that one sphere...they keep it in a box that the old man kept Gizmo in from Gremlins.
Later when they activate and deactivate the sphere they do so by enovking a chant that sounds like it is in latin and it took me a few seconds and realized it was from
the Excalibur movie. so it makes it kind of fun when you recognize something.

I think it plays well to people who grew up in the 70-90 eras. Kind of like how stranger things makes you think back on the days with different items, games, sayings and other pop culture.

jsb357

Reaction score
The Guns of Navarone (1961)

Saw this one as a kid in the 70's

Have re-watched it twice in the last month.

I've got a couple issues with some scenes overextended
for dramatization but overall a decent film.

7 out of 10

Kevinicus

Reaction score
A Star is Born - 6.5/10
Good for what it is, I guess. Boring in some parts, your SO will probably like it. The music was good.

Predator - 4/10
They should probably stop making these. A bonus point for Olivia Munn ;)

Venom - 4.5/10
Really bad dialog & writing. Cheesy. Tom Hardy's acting is the only thing really going for this film. Sad seeing the Stan Lee Cameo (was this his last?) Give this one to Disney.

Pretty sure Avengers: Endgame will be his last.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Watching OVERLORD right now. It's merely outlandish. I like the actor Wyatt Russell (also in the AMC series LODGE 49), but when playing a WWII US Army Airborne corporal - can you AT LEAST get the appropriate haircut for the role. The word 'vanity' comes to mind. Get your act together, Russell.

Last edited:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Ballad of Buster Scruggs - Thought this would be better than it was. Bunch of short stories or chapters to a book. The individual clips are not bad but they are too short and do not seem to relate to each other except for being set back in the old west. Did not finish it so maybe they connected better in the end but heard they did not. Just did not care for how it was basically short stories. On a related note I don't care for some authors Short Stories books either even if I really like the writer like Stephen King for example. ...

These vignettes, IMHO, relate to each other in that they ALL deal with mortality. The western setting, though novel, is almost immaterial. I'm sorry you derived no pleasure in the viewing of them. I found most of them fascinating (excepting the final chapter). The film was generally an hommage to the Western Films of John Ford and Sergio Leone, and even Tom Mix.

Weren't you even SLIGHTLY amused when the twice-hanged James Franco turned to the crying fellow gallows mate and quipped: 'First time?'

There is so much to like about this Coen brothers effort. For me, most particularly, is that I don't have to endure the rigors of a movie house visit to view it. Streaming services like NETFLIX continue to attract talent and it may eventually spell the demise for conventional entertainment conduits like cable and dish/direct.

Give this movie a shot - many of you will truly enjoy it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VxsxENE.jpg

6.25 of 10.00

For the first 30-40 minutes I could not BELIEVE Tom Hardy wasted his time. I am not a big fan of Michelle Williams but thought the same for her also. Did not fear the main antagonist or thought he was sinister at all. HIs henchmen? Laughable. And the use of San Francisco for the film's backdrop made zero sense to me. Was really worried I would grade Venom lower than the last Fantastic Four.

Thankfully the movie picks up a lot for me after the symbiosis. The character was given fairly good material and Hardy fleshed out Eddie Brock FINALLY before the second half of the movie started. The movie's tone is kept light enough for the PG-13 crowd. I would say the film is a nice contribution to the genre by Sony and Columbia Pictures but another example of coming up far second to a typical Disney MCU product.

I cannot emphasize just how much San Francisco did not mesh with me. The chase scene was really bugged me. I was like, "Man! The Streets of San Francisco look so... rugged!" :p

It has probably been mentioned already but viewers should not skip on the Carnage hint scene embedded in the end credits. Not special looking but notable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VxsxENE.jpg

6.25 of 10.00

For the first 30-40 minutes I could not BELIEVE Tom Hardy wasted his time. I am not a big fan of Michelle Williams but thought the same for her also. Did not fear the main antagonist or thought he was sinister at all. HIs henchmen? Laughable. And the use of San Francisco for the film's backdrop made zero sense to me. Was really worried I would grade Venom lower than the last Fantastic Four.

Thankfully the movie picks up a lot for me after the symbiosis. The character was given fairly good material and Hardy fleshed out Eddie Brock FINALLY before the second half of the movie started. The movie's tone is kept light enough for the PG-13 crowd. I would say the film is a nice contribution to the genre by Sony and Columbia Pictures but another example of coming up far second to a typical Disney MCU product.

I cannot emphasize just how much San Francisco did not mesh with me. The chase scene was really bugged me. I was like, "Man! The Streets of San Francisco look so... rugged!" :p

It has probably been mentioned already but viewers should not skip on the Carnage hint scene embedded in the end credits. Not special looking but notable.

I saw it recently as well. And I'll just say that I'm glad I didn't spend the money to go to the theater for this one. It felt insulting to my intelligence, especially with the clunky early set-up. Almost like a "this just happens, OK??!?" feel to it. Don't ask any questions because you'll be disappointed with the answers.

The ending and most every plot point was telegraphed a mile away.

Frankly, I'm shocked that it performed as well as it did at the box office. More dummies in this world than I thought.

I'd give it close to what you did, a 6 out of 10. Dumb fun, with a key on dumb.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
VxsxENE.jpg

6.25 of 10.00

I saw it recently as well. And I'll just say that I'm glad I didn't spend the money to go to the theater for this one. It felt insulting to my intelligence, especially with the clunky early set-up. Almost like a "this just happens, OK??!?" feel to it. Don't ask any questions because you'll be disappointed with the answers.

The ending and most every plot point was telegraphed a mile away.

Frankly, I'm shocked that it performed as well as it did at the box office. More dummies in this world than I thought.

I'd give it close to what you did, a 6 out of 10. Dumb fun, with a key on dumb.
Well now I'm really looking forward to seeing what I didn't miss in the theater.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Death Proof!
It's high octane fueled heavy horsepowered 70's era cool car psycho carnage,,, Kurt Russell a.k.a. Stuntman Mike,,,definitely " goes country " in the end, FEUDIAN approval scale on repeat viewing ,,, solid 9/10

I can't generally rate any flick higher than an 8/10 but, the original 70's era movie theater shot on flim feel,,,and ,,,that creakin',squeakin' grease-worm infested oil well doing it's thing towards the end authorized this 9/10
I've luv'd this flick since it first came out& prolly haven't watched it in 2-3 years.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Death Proof!
It's high octane fueled heavy horsepowered 70's era cool car psycho carnage,,, Kurt Russell a.k.a. Stuntman Mike,,,definitely " goes country " in the end, FEUDIAN approval scale on repeat viewing ,,, solid 9/10

I can't generally rate any flick higher than an 8/10 but, the original 70's era movie theater shot on flim feel,,,and ,,,that creakin',squeakin' grease-worm infested oil well doing it's thing towards the end authorized this 9/10
I've luv'd this flick since it first came out& prolly haven't watched it in 2-3 years.

I hated it, but I was much younger when I saw it. Perhaps it's time for a re-watch.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I just watched the newest Predator. What a lame and cheesy movie. Just everything about it. Hollywood has fallen off a long ways from the original Predator.