Rate the last movie you saw

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Widows - Man was this mediocre. At every level, this movie fails to be compelling. The heist isn't clever or interesting. The "twist" isn't interesting. Most of the characters aren't interesting. Michelle Rodriguez's character is pointless. She contributes nothing to the film. The only useful thing she does is
bring in another character...who is also pretty much useless. Apparently, driving is hard (Surprised a group isn't making a stink out of a group of women having so much difficulty with it).
Only Davis' and the blonde's characters are really explored or contribute much of anything.

The most interesting character is the guy from Get Out. Though,
then he also apparently has issues driving and goes out like a chump. All him sneaking around and following them just to interrupt them for 5 seconds.

I'm not impressed by McQueen at all. I thought 12 Years a Slave was very overrated just because of the subject matter, and what elevated that movie was a couple of performances more than anything.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Widows - Man was this mediocre. At every level, this movie fails to be compelling. The heist isn't clever or interesting. The "twist" isn't interesting. Most of the characters aren't interesting. Michelle Rodriguez's character is pointless. She contributes nothing to the film. The only useful thing she does is
bring in another character...who is also pretty much useless. Apparently, driving is hard (Surprised a group isn't making a stink out of a group of women having so much difficulty with it).
Only Davis' and the blonde's characters are really explored or contribute much of anything.

The most interesting character is the guy from Get Out. Though,
then he also apparently has issues driving and goes out like a chump. All him sneaking around and following them just to interrupt them for 5 seconds.

I'm not impressed by McQueen at all. I thought 12 Years a Slave was very overrated just because of the subject matter, and what elevated that movie was a couple of performances more than anything.
No more rating movies for you! :laugh:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Pandorum
(
It's a sci-fi space flick)

FEUDIAN scale of rainy day repeat viewing ?,,,8 / 10:thumbup:

*YA,I'VE plugged & played that flick in enough to where it's
" creeped out" two different sleep over girlfriends late at nite,,,OH,YA!:lmao2:

o_O:facepalm:o_O

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Creed II -
This is a film about fathers (or father figures)/family and doing things for the right reasons. These themes extend beyond Adonis, his family, and Rocky, but also to the Dragos. The antagonists aren't relegated to being the simple bad guy machines we saw in Rocky 3 and 4, but their motivations come across as more grounded and real and play into the theme about what we do, who we do it for, and what is really important.

The fights are good, but not shot as well as Coogler did it, and I felt the score was underwhelming and often under-cut by the other soundtrack choices. Some of the music used just doesn't work well to support the emotional tone or energy of the scenes.

Creed II borrows a lot of it's story beats from Rocky 2, 3, and 4, and it's pretty predictable, but that is to be expected. The fact that I pretty much knew exactly how it would play out even just from the trailers did not bother me at all (
Though, it was nice to see the final match end in a way we haven't quite seen before in the series
). However, I did feel that the film's pacing was slightly off. It dragged some in the first half setting things up, but what is setup pays off in the second half of the film. These are real characters dealing with real personal questions.

Overall, I thought this was pretty good, though not quite as good as the first one. It's still definitely an entertaining and fairly grounded entry into the series.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Planes,Trains&Automobiles...watch it every Thanksgiving.
10/10.

one of the funniest movies ever...a timeless classic.

giphy.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ralph breaks the internet - Pretty much on par with the first one, so if you liked that you'll likely lile this. For me they are solid, but unspectacular. As a gamer I yearn for more gaming references.

That's how I felt about the first one. I was expecting a "road movie" where the characters hopped from game to game, meeting up with famous video game characters. And then they stayed in Sugar Rush...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aCGdt8U.jpg

5.5 out of 10.0

Back playing movie catchup. Hope to get a few in before late December and/or real life interrupts again. First up is my granddaugther's suggestion, although I honestly wanted to see it also. Just not this soon.

The original movie was better than the sequel in my opinion but Ralph Breaks The Internet delivers on the true friendship moral lesson. It somewhat captures the vastness and complexity of the internet while littering little zingers throughout concerning what people like or dislike about using the world wide web.

Ralph and Vanellope run into new characters along the way of solving the latest dilemma. Liked Gal Gadot doing the voice of Shank and loved the Disney Princesses, although their parts were much shorter than I had hoped. Merida from Brave was part of the best side joke in the movie but you should not blink or you will miss it.

Loved the two-second Stan Lee cameo. Rest in peace Mr. Lee.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GVncYoY.jpg

5.5 out of 10.0

The Darkest Minds was an example of a movie I had put on the back burner and probably should have left it there. Regardless, Amandla Stenberg has impressed me since I first saw her in Colombiana and The Hunger Games and hoped her leading roles will boost her career.

TDM may not very beneficial to her in that regard. The producers of Stranger Things and Arrival must have thought a cross between Divergent and the X-Men films was a great idea. It may still become one (since it looks like the start of a possible franchise) but a lot more work should go into the sequel(s) because the running plot is as thin as late spring ice.

Stenberg does not disappoint. The actor playing Liam the love interest was not too bad. And Mandy Moore as a mysterious hero/anti-hero was a nice touch.

Special shoutout to Lidya Jewett playing young Ruby/Stenberg. The young lady has emitted a STRONG screen presence despite very limited onscreen time in both this movie and Hidden Figures but I think her career may blossom over time as she grows older.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
You’re right that was a great cast. Another movie with an awesome cast, and one of my personal favorites, was Silverado. That was an ensemble cast of talented actors and actresses.

Just off the top of my head I remember Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, and Brian Dennehy (very big at the time coming off 'Rambo' and a very good foil for hero types).

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
A good example would be Billy Bob - first time I remember seeing him.
Oh-Bro! ,,,you gotta' check out that Sean Penn flick U-Turn for the proper vernacular of appreciation, concercerning of the broad capabilities of the BILLY 'bong' THORNTON,,,:thumbup:

* that's a 1965&1/2 Ford Mustang:lmao: