Rate the last movie you saw

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I think it did a very good job of showing just how romanticized outlaws were back then, society just didn't get sick, been ill for a long time.

Yes i can see that perspective, but that really was a unique time in history. The depression, a drought, terrible things that affected so many.

I'm not sure the public really had a true grasp of what the couple were doing from a human standpoint, news was sporadic and less detailed etc..

There was just so much pent up frustration and anger. Hopelessness ruled the day and anyone lashing out in almost any way was admired in a weird but understandable sense.

Not picking on your post by the way, i'm just a little more forgiving of humankind than most.. but damned if that isn't tested regularly :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes i can see that perspective, but that really was a unique time in history. The depression, a drought, terrible things that affected so many.

I'm not sure the public really had a true grasp of what the couple were doing from a human standpoint, news was sporadic and less detailed etc..

There was just so much pent up frustration and anger. Hopelessness ruled the day and anyone lashing out in almost any way was admired in a weird but understandable sense.

Not picking on your post by the way, i'm just a little more forgiving of humankind than most.. but damned if that isn't tested regularly :)
Agree, it was also a time that the majority of people hated banks just like we did not too many years ago.

Big_D

Reaction score
Appaloosa 6/10. Based on the Robert B. Parker novels with Ed Harris as Virgil Cole.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Pet Semetary - kind of different from the original, but a lot of that goes nowhere. The pacing is a little off as it builds to getting to a certain point and then ends fairly abruptly.

Shazam - Not bad, but not great. Definitely fallows the Marvel formula a lot more than the DC formula. Billy Batson character is very uneven. Is being Shazam supposed to completely change his personality?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely. I find the guy to be wooden, like a mannequin. Like he's reading his lines off of a cue card for the very first time.
Well, I didn't like him in Triple Frontier or any of the others either. I liked Hunnam in SOA and thought he was fine in Pacific Rim.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comparing opening weekend box office

Shazam (The original Captain Marvel): $53 million esimated

Captain Marvel (The copyright winner): $153 million

Currently, CM is in +1 billion overall box office territory. May be wrong but I doubt Shazam sees $800 million.

Marvel kicks DC butt. Again.

Big_D

Reaction score
Is that a remake of the one with Brando?

Had to research this. Nope, not the same. Different characters, different story. The movie I saw was from 2008 and the book was written in 2005. The Brando movie was in 1966.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Comparing opening weekend box office

Shazam (The original Captain Marvel): $53 million esimated

Captain Marvel (The copyright winner): $153 million

Currently, CM is in +1 billion overall box office territory. May be wrong but I doubt Shazam sees $800 million.

Marvel kicks DC butt. Again.
Except Shazam is the better movie. CM has the MCU bolstering it. In particular, IW and Endgame.