Rate the last movie you saw

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=SWISS+ARMY+MAN

If you have netflix I think it is on there right now.
You can also buy it online (no physical dvd) and watch it or rent it from places like google play or probably youtube as well.

It is a bizarre movie..had me laughing in a few spots.
Right-0n, my man& thanks,,, I've been putting off committing to having a dedicated WiFi connection active at my abode for the play-stations& that tower computer I'd got for that step daughter ,because I've got a niece & my younger brother / older sister are wanting me to come visit/stay/live with them& I know I gotta go visit them this summer at least, but I'm pretty content being away! ya know.
( cuz' I'd promised them last summer, and there's no need of rushing into things of marginal returns imo)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen her in the starring role of both the Twilight films and Snow White and the Huntsman. I am a literal person. When I say Stewart's acting COULD HAVE BEEN transferred from Twilight and transplanted as is into Snow White, I mean no one should have noticed any difference in her overall effort. Stewart is pretty much one-dimensional.

Glad I missed it.
:thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never even heard of that one. I think she hosted SNL once, and she was pretty good, if that's who it was, and if I remember correctly.
Funny movie and Adam DeVine is really good with a great expression face for comedy and the girl that plays their sister is perfect. It's the funniest movie that I've seen in quite some time but ya know it's like we always say, nothing is more subjective than humor. May not strike your fancy but it's up there with Van Wilder and Sisters for me.

sulu1701

Reaction score
I saw this movie last week called Finding Forrester, with Sean Connery, and Rob Brown, it was kind of offbeat and flew under the radar, but I liked it

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Saw it in the theater and it scared the Bejeezus out of us and I went back 3 times. He was an unknown at that time and quickly became one of my favorites just because of that movie. And for the times, it was really well made.

What's crazy is that McQueen was 28 when he filmed that movie, his character was in high school.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I saw this movie last week called Finding Forrester, with Sean Connery, and Rob Brown, it was kind of offbeat and flew under the radar, but I liked it

I sometimes think about that movie when I'm putting on my socks.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Just re-watched Bohemian Rhapsody.

It’s not that good, but Rami Malek and the music of Queen single handedly save it.

5/10

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Bohemian Rhapsody on Blue Ray.

7 out of 10.

Was pretty damn good. Never knew much about Freddie Mercury other than his hits with Queen and his preferred lifestyle off the stage.

I love getting to know the person in these biopics. Freddie seemed like a cool cat, and a charismatic one at that who genuinely seemed to care.

Truly sad to see such an immense talent die at such a young age. He was an unreal talent, and way ahead of his time!!

Lutonio

Reaction score
Saw Us over the weekend. It was fantastic.

Also, surprisingly funny.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Bohemian Rhapsody on Blue Ray.

7 out of 10.

Was pretty damn good. Never knew much about Freddie Mercury other than his hits with Queen and his preferred lifestyle off the stage.

I love getting to know the person in these biopics. Freddie seemed like a cool cat, and a charismatic one at that who genuinely seemed to care.

Truly sad to see such an immense talent die at such a young age. He was an unreal talent, and way ahead of his time!!

The film didn't show much about the other band outside of Mercury. As for Mercury being ahead of his time, I didn't see that myself. My opinion.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Rambo: the fight continues

I enjoyed watching this flick again last night as the M-2 browning .50 cal does get a 200 rd. Workout towards the end,,,hey it's a RAMBO flick,recommendation ratings don't apply.

* at the end,where he's walking down the road to the ol'homestead, supposedly located in BOWIE AZ.? well, the terrain's A.O. sure looked more like someplace along the Sonoita Highway instead.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Us - Like Get Out before it, extremely overrated by many. It was okay. It has some positives (quality performances, creepy atmosphere, compelling visual style, score), but suffers from thinking it's a lot smarter than it really is. It takes quite a long time to really get going with very little benefit from doing so. Once things do play out, things get less and less interesting, and the threat/tension falls, as more is revealed, and goes the way of being kind of dumb sometimes. The twist at the end does offer some insight into the characters, and might have been significant except for the fact that I just didn't care about any of them at that point.

Captive State - A slow burn with a predictable and unsatisfying payoff. Not as terrible as some are calling it, though. Something to watch on Netflix (or wherever) in the future when you're bored and there's nothing else.

Vox Lux - The first half of this was 100% not at all what I was expecting and was pretty compelling and interesting. Then it time jumped, Natalie Portman showed up, and it was a completely different movie that was just grating to listen to. Two halves that were extremely different in style and execution. One was pretty good, the other pretty terrible.

The Wife - Pretty good performance by Close, but otherwise not all that great of a story. Basically, just someone who made some less than stellar choices and then got kind of mad when she got tired of living with the consequences (that they had to know about). It's a little more complex than that, but it still comes down to those basics.

The Favourite - I was hoping for something a little more witty. There are moments of it here and there, but for the most part it's just a period drama about subterfuge and backstabbing and a few other depressing themes. The performances are good, as you'd expect with several oscar noms, though I think the nominations were not correct. There is no question to me that Emma Stone was the lead of this film. Weisz and Colman do share much of the heft, but Stone is definitely the most prominent and kind of the glue to the whole thing IMO. Colman should have been up for best supporting, not the lead that she won for.

Captain Marvel - Saw it a second time. The issues I had with it before were more pronounced on second viewing with more examples, and other problems that I didn't catch the first time rearing their ugly head as well. This went from possibly the lower end of Marvel's mid-tier to firmly in the bottom tier. That makes it still enjoyable, but extremely flawed.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Us - Like Get Out before it, extremely overrated by many. It was okay. It has some positives (quality performances, creepy atmosphere, compelling visual style, score), but suffers from thinking it's a lot smarter than it really is. It takes quite a long time to really get going with very little benefit from doing so. Once things do play out, things get less and less interesting, and the threat/tension falls, as more is revealed, and goes the way of being kind of dumb sometimes. The twist at the end does offer some insight into the characters, and might have been significant except for the fact that I just didn't care about any of them at that point.

Captive State - A slow burn with a predictable and unsatisfying payoff. Not as terrible as some are calling it, though. Something to watch on Netflix (or wherever) in the future when you're bored and there's nothing else.

Vox Lux - The first half of this was 100% not at all what I was expecting and was pretty compelling and interesting. Then it time jumped, Natalie Portman showed up, and it was a completely different movie that was just grating to listen to. Two halves that were extremely different in style and execution. One was pretty good, the other pretty terrible.

The Wife - Pretty good performance by Close, but otherwise not all that great of a story. Basically, just someone who made some less than stellar choices and then got kind of mad when she got tired of living with the consequences (that they had to know about). It's a little more complex than that, but it still comes down to those basics.

The Favourite - I was hoping for something a little more witty. There are moments of it here and there, but for the most part it's just a period drama about subterfuge and backstabbing and a few other depressing themes. The performances are good, as you'd expect with several oscar noms, though I think the nominations were not correct. There is no question to me that Emma Stone was the lead of this film. Weisz and Colman do share much of the heft, but Stone is definitely the most prominent and kind of the glue to the whole thing IMO. Colman should have been up for best supporting, not the lead that she won for.

Captain Marvel - Saw it a second time. The issues I had with it before were more pronounced on second viewing with more examples, and other problems that I didn't catch the first time rearing their ugly head as well. This went from possibly the lower end of Marvel's mid-tier to firmly in the bottom tier. That makes it still enjoyable, but extremely flawed.
Hey,Bro! I believe there was a header over on the Drudge report yesterday or on Sunday that mentioned that *US* flick,it set a record 26 or 29million gross in it's debut showing,,,needless to say,I didn't hit the click but do recall that little blurt about it,,,o_O