Rate the last movie you saw

cowboyec

Reaction score
I thought about that but I've been kind to Elvis except calling him that dead fat guy.

I am serious, watch that movie objectively and forget all that followed because that was his worst western. It started that spaghetti western trend but it really was poorly made but Sergio Leone got much better as he went along.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Way Back with Ben Affleck and bunch of people I've never seen before. I didn't care for it because I don't get it. The only way I would have written that is if it was a true story and they did a poor job of developing the story to get empathy for the main character.

4/10

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Way Back with Ben Affleck and bunch of people I've never seen before. I didn't care for it because I don't get it. The only way I would have written that is if it was a true story and they did a poor job of developing the story to get empathy for the main character.

4/10

It looked like a Mighty Ducks ripoff, so I avoided it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Broken Hearts Gallery - Paint by Numbers romantic comedy that is light on comedy and has an extremely non-charismatic male lead.

paladin

Reaction score
Watching "The Invisible Man" currently , it's pretty bad...unsure if I'll make it to the end....I'm thinking about actively rooting for the bad guy. 3/10.
The Children of Huang Shi. It's akin to John Rabe, the story of a man trying to save a group of orphans, also set during the Rape of Nanking, also based upon a true story. 8/10

paladin

Reaction score
We Have to talk about Kevin...Unrelentingly stressful
I kinda wish I hadn't watched it...I don't think I'll be able to forget some of the images.
but 8/10.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Leap - A Chinese movie about Lan Ping, a player on the Chinese Women's Volleyball team that won the world cup in 1980, eventually became the head coach of the USA team, and then later coach of the Chinese team. It was different watching a movie with a Chinese perspective. I was watching with someone from China who was familiar with the story. It was almost like two different films. The first half was about her and the team back in 1980, and the 2nd half was about her time as a coach. And the tone was distinctly different for the most part. I preferred the first half more (which reminded me of 2004's Miracle in some ways).

It was fairly enjoyable. The person I was with was getting excited with each point, even though she knew the outcome already. It was like she was watching the matches live.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Kajillionaire - Definitely a quirky low key comedy. Odd characters is a bit of an understatement. Their absurdity is a part of the charm I guess. It wasn't enough to really carry the film for me, but it wasn't a bad way to spend a couple hours.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rave reviews and visually the movie was great.

I came away from it underwhelmed.

7 out of 10

I keep thinking about buying a digital version of that movie but haven't pulled the trigger yet based on mixed reviews. Yours is yet another one of those, so I'm still on the fence.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yanks, I saw "1917" on TV.
Blimey! The movie was ONE SINGLE CONTINUOUS SHOT !!!!
Splendid!
Drama: A death makes us transfer faith and leadership.
Action: Gunfire and bombs sound so real.
Costuming: Excellent!
Story telling: Spellbinding!

Hollah!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I keep thinking about buying a digital version of that movie but haven't pulled the trigger yet based on mixed reviews. Yours is yet another one of those, so I'm still on the fence.

The story is really lame and unbelievable, but it's an intense movie. Pretty much non-stop action. It's worth the $5 or whatever, just shut off your brain.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let Him Go
Kevin Costner Diane Lane
Not bad movie, little slow.
More for the ladies but ok enough for the guys.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Triple 9 (2016) on Netflix.

Lots of stars in this movie, but a terrible plot. Tries to be an epic heist film like Heat, but comes up way short. It's a shame, because the acting and cinematography were really good.

5/10