Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins a couple weeks ago. Another advance screening, so I can't really give much on details. I'll say I thought it was better than the other 2 GI Joe movies, but that is a very low bar.

Unhinged: Kind of fits in with the world today, but the main character was just too stupid for me. I guess the movie would have been really short if she wasn't, but still, it bothered me.
Bill & Ted Face the Music - It was an amusing diversion from the world, though I thought the plot took too many logical liberties and undercut the originals a bit.
New Mutants - Meh. It wasn't excruciatingly bad, but not really worth bothering with either.
There were other GI Joe movies?:laugh:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
There were other GI Joe movies?:laugh:

Unfortunately...

G-I-Joe-The-Rise-Of-Cobra.jpg

9876318_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Might want to rent it first.

Kind of hard to ask too much from a movie that is around 30 years after the last one was made. Even with that I don't think I laughed once.
Just did not seem to have that something that the first two had. Maybe it was seeing bill and ted so much older.

I knew it would never live up to the first two but I was really hoping for much better.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. I laughed a lot. Though some of my friends think I don't have discerning taste (especially regarding the ex... They may be right :D) so my feelings on the movie might need to be taken with a grain of salt.

When I got it rental was only $5 cheaper. Myself would say buy it if it's still that price. If you don't like it your are out only an extra 5, if you do like it you don't have to spend more money in case you want to own. Just my opinion. Of course if the rental price can be applied to the purchase then my opinion is bad.

Creeper

Reaction score
Some of you guys are crazy, Keanu is a good actor and a better humanitarian. He goes from Bill & Ted to Point Break to Speed to the Matrix and John Wick. The guy can play any role, very versatile. The dopey charm fits him well. He would have rocked the Wolverine role IMO, Jackman is overrated :thumbup:

Reeves is in the same category of actors with Kevin Costner. This is not a compliment. Reeves makes better movies though.

Creeper

Reaction score
A watched a movie last night I had forgotten about but its pretty good. "Next" with Nicholas Cage. I don't mind him as an actor, no matter how kooky he is in real life. The premise of the story is kind of original and they didn't ruin it with a contrived dumbarse ending. I do not like Julianne Moore as an actress. She often overacts her parts and comes off as unlikable to me. But she does not ruin this movie. If I think about it Cage made a few pretty good movies. I love National Treasure.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A watched a movie last night I had forgotten about but its pretty good. "Next" with Nicholas Cage. I don't mind him as an actor, no matter how kooky he is in real life. The premise of the story is kind of original and they didn't ruin it with a contrived dumbarse ending. I do not like Julianne Moore as an actress. She often overacts her parts and comes off as unlikable to me. But she does not ruin this movie. If I think about it Cage made a few pretty good movies. I love National Treasure.
Next was pretty good.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I rewatched The Lighthouse last night for the 2nd time with the GF. 8.7/10.

This is definitely a strange movie. It’s a horror movie but more in the psychological sense. It has a very HP Lovecraft aura to it. It’s hard to get into, and a bit of a chore to watch, but captivating.

I think Eggers, the director, is going to be special. He’s only done two movies so far and they have both been phenomenal. He has a distinct style which is important for a director.

Both Dafoe and Pattinson were phenomenal. The movie wouldn’t work without them both acing their rolls, and they both did. @Runwildboys this is the trailer I said to watch and you didn’t which broke my heart into a million pieces

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is definitely a strange movie. It’s a horror movie but more in the psychological sense. It has a very HP Lovecraft aura to it. It’s hard to get into, and a bit of a chore to watch, but captivating.

I think Eggers, the director, is going to be special. He’s only done two movies so far and they have both been phenomenal. He has a distinct style which is important for a director.

Both Dafoe and Pattinson were phenomenal. The movie wouldn’t work without them both acing their rolls, and they both did. @Runwildboys this is the trailer I said to watch and you didn’t which broke my heart into a million pieces

You must not have gotten the flowers I sent. You would've felt much better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Just watched it.....I hope the movie makes more sense than the trailer would lead one to believe.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Tenet

It was definitely a Christopher Nolan film. Acting was good. Cinematically pleasing. The score matched the tempo of the movie. Confusing, interesting and perplexing.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peninsula - Basically the sequel to train to busan. Both Korean Zombie movies. If you liked the first one chances are you will like the second one. Little more action, comedy and so on although the scenes with some of the cars speeding through the city are comical. All in all I think I liked this one better as it was just a fun action movie.

The Owners - another foreign film. Nothing ground breaking. A few lads decide they are going to break into an elderly couples home while they are away as they heard there was a safe. One of the guys girl friends shows up and is dragged into the story (Maisie Williams aka arya Stark). The Old couple comes back and you realize that it is the lads that should be worried not the couple.

Blood Vessel - cheap buy from google play. - WWII is coming close to ending. A few guys and a girl are on a life raft in the ocean when a ship passes by. The ship is a **** ship but they have no other choice. Once aboard they find out that all of the crew are dead or missing. They find out that there is some evil on the boat. Will leave it at that. Could have been much better but it was not terrible. The "bad" guys look kind of cool for old school effects.

This seems to be a newer niche genre over the last few years. Mostly **** ghost or Horror stories but also some WWII and Horror mixing.
I think many have seen the Dead Snow ones. There is also this movie, Blood Vessel, The Devils Rock, Overlord and Ghosts of War off the top of my head.

I kind of like the mixing of the genres. So far most of them have been lower budgets. Ghost of War was probably higher and was not bad but the ending could have been better. The Devils Rock was low budget but I really liked it. Overlord might be the biggest of the three since it was a JJ Abrahams (sp?) project but frankly was a bit of a let down and of all I have mentioned the one I liked the least however to be fair I think I had such high expectations for it since the trailers were pretty good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peninsula - Basically the sequel to train to busan. Both Korean Zombie movies. If you liked the first one chances are you will like the second one. Little more action, comedy and so on although the scenes with some of the cars speeding through the city are comical. All in all I think I liked this one better as it was just a fun action movie.

The Owners - another foreign film. Nothing ground breaking. A few lads decide they are going to break into an elderly couples home while they are away as they heard there was a safe. One of the guys girl friends shows up and is dragged into the story (Maisie Williams aka arya Stark). The Old couple comes back and you realize that it is the lads that should be worried not the couple.

Blood Vessel - cheap buy from google play. - WWII is coming close to ending. A few guys and a girl are on a life raft in the ocean when a ship passes by. The ship is a **** ship but they have no other choice. Once aboard they find out that all of the crew are dead or missing. They find out that there is some evil on the boat. Will leave it at that. Could have been much better but it was not terrible. The "bad" guys look kind of cool for old school effects.

This seems to be a newer niche genre over the last few years. Mostly **** ghost or Horror stories but also some WWII and Horror mixing.
I think many have seen the Dead Snow ones. There is also this movie, Blood Vessel, The Devils Rock, Overlord and Ghosts of War off the top of my head.

I kind of like the mixing of the genres. So far most of them have been lower budgets. Ghost of War was probably higher and was not bad but the ending could have been better. The Devils Rock was low budget but I really liked it. Overlord might be the biggest of the three since it was a JJ Abrahams (sp?) project but frankly was a bit of a let down and of all I have mentioned the one I liked the least however to be fair I think I had such high expectations for it since the trailers were pretty good.

Forgive me if we've covered this before, but do you buy a lot of digital films? If so, which if the services do you usually use? I've been buying quite a few myself lately and I've found quite a few sources for deals.