Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forgive me if we've covered this before, but do you buy a lot of digital films? If so, which if the services do you usually use? I've been buying quite a few myself lately and I've found quite a few sources for deals.

Normally Google Play movies.

I have android phones and tablets so I buy from them.

They are also incorporated with Youtube so I can buy them on youtube and play them on the google play app or the youtube app. Although google play music is moving to youtube music soon (already moved my stuff over.) So google play store movies might be moving to youtube as well.

Google play will have some decent deals from time to time. Sometimes they have deals on bundle packs of tv shows or seasons. I have bought GOT seasons for around $15 or less on some occasions.

They will normally have a section of movies for under $8 I bought one for $6.99 and if I would have liked overlord I could have bought it for $4.99 this past weekend.

Hope that helps.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Normally Google Play movies.

I have android phones and tablets so I buy from them.

They are also incorporated with Youtube so I can buy them on youtube and play them on the google play app or the youtube app. Although google play music is moving to youtube music soon (already moved my stuff over.) So google play store movies might be moving to youtube as well.

Google play will have some decent deals from time to time. Sometimes they have deals on bundle packs of tv shows or seasons. I have bought GOT seasons for around $15 or less on some occasions.

They will normally have a section of movies for under $8 I bought one for $6.99 and if I would have liked overlord I could have bought it for $4.99 this past weekend.

Hope that helps.

I was hoping maybe I could help you out. I use offering from VUDU.com and MoviesAnywhere.com. They link to offerings from a bunch of providers, including Amazon, Microsoft, and several others. They usually have deals each week and always have offerings under $5. You may want to give them a look as their apps should work with your devices.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was hoping maybe I could help you out. I use offering from VUDU.com and MoviesAnywhere.com. They link to offerings from a bunch of providers, including Amazon, Microsoft, and several others. They usually have deals each week and always have offerings under $5. You may want to give them a look as their apps should work with your devices.

One of the main reasons I like google is that I just buy google cards. So I will have so much on my google play account and use that to pay for the movies if I buy or rent.

I don't really buy or rent online movies with a CC.

If I do buy something online (amazon, wish, walmart, gun stores etc) I will buy a prepaid cc and use it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the main reasons I like google is that I just buy google cards. So I will have so much on my google play account and use that to pay for the movies if I buy or rent.

I don't really buy or rent online movies with a CC.

If I do buy something online (amazon, wish, walmart, gun stores etc) I will buy a prepaid cc and use it.

Gotcha. Could you use that same prepaid card with the sites I mentioned?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Caught the 1988 "The Blob" remake tonight...

Have watched it several times over the years.

Gotta say it's one of the most underrated horror films ever.

Frank Darabont (director of "Shawshank Redemption" and "The Mist" along with being the guy that brought "The Walking Dead" to TV) co-wrote the screenplay, which helps explain why the story is so solid.

Lots of great special affects.

And one of the apparent stars of the pic dies in the first part of the movie which was a surprise– made the movie even better.

8/10.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Caught the 1988 "The Blob" remake tonight...

Have watched it several times over the years.

Gotta say it's one of the most underrated horror films ever.

Frank Darabont (director of "Shawshank Redemption" and "The Mist" along with being the guy that brought "The Walking Dead" to TV) co-wrote the screenplay, which helps explain why the story is so solid.

Lots of great special affects.

And one of the apparent stars of the pic dies in the first part of the movie which was a surprise– made the movie even better.

8/10.

Is that the one with Matt Dillon's brother?

jsb357

Reaction score
Ad Astra.

So many gaffs in this movie makes it hard to take seriously.

I don't know how it fared but it's a great idea that someone
somewhere along the way screwed it up.

Hard to give it much better than a 4 out of 10

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I stumbled upon I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. I had no earthly idea there was a third film. It is fantastically bad, I am talking about a 50K budget at best :lmao:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stumbled upon I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. I had no earthly idea there was a third film. It is fantastically bad, I am talking about a 50K budget at best :lmao:
You should have watched "I Don't Give a Damn What You Did Last Summer" and the sequel, "And That Goes For All the Oher Damned Seasons".

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Peninsula - Basically the sequel to train to busan. Both Korean Zombie movies. If you liked the first one chances are you will like the second one. Little more action, comedy and so on although the scenes with some of the cars speeding through the city are comical. All in all I think I liked this one better as it was just a fun action movie.

The Owners - another foreign film. Nothing ground breaking. A few lads decide they are going to break into an elderly couples home while they are away as they heard there was a safe. One of the guys girl friends shows up and is dragged into the story (Maisie Williams aka arya Stark). The Old couple comes back and you realize that it is the lads that should be worried not the couple.

Blood Vessel - cheap buy from google play. - WWII is coming close to ending. A few guys and a girl are on a life raft in the ocean when a ship passes by. The ship is a **** ship but they have no other choice. Once aboard they find out that all of the crew are dead or missing. They find out that there is some evil on the boat. Will leave it at that. Could have been much better but it was not terrible. The "bad" guys look kind of cool for old school effects.

This seems to be a newer niche genre over the last few years. Mostly **** ghost or Horror stories but also some WWII and Horror mixing.
I think many have seen the Dead Snow ones. There is also this movie, Blood Vessel, The Devils Rock, Overlord and Ghosts of War off the top of my head.

I kind of like the mixing of the genres. So far most of them have been lower budgets. Ghost of War was probably higher and was not bad but the ending could have been better. The Devils Rock was low budget but I really liked it. Overlord might be the biggest of the three since it was a JJ Abrahams (sp?) project but frankly was a bit of a let down and of all I have mentioned the one I liked the least however to be fair I think I had such high expectations for it since the trailers were pretty good.

I'll probably never watch 1/10th of the movies you review, but I enjoy reading your synopsis.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"From Paris With Love" was pretty good and a great vehicle for Travolta. He really likes those roles like that and "Swordfish".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched "A Fistful of Dollars" last night and flashed back to seeing that when it came out at the drive in with 4 cars loaded with people, some in the trunks. Should have let them out so they could enjoy it too.

If I am really honest about it, it is a very poorly made movie. The acting and dialogue are really bad and Eastwood does some facial expressions that are out of character for The Man With No Name. The timing of some of the actors getting shot was very poorly done as well. I << the scene at the river with the Gatling Gun and I love me some Serio Leone but he should be ashamed of that. He should have told the actors to fall after being shot, not before. The other thing I noticed that I missed in the previous 20 viewings was how bad the kid is in it. When he was crying for his Mama, he actually went "waaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaah". Sam Peckinpah would have had him as collateral damage and shot mid "waaaaaaah".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched "A Fistful of Dollars" last night and flashed back to seeing that when it came out at the drive in with 4 cars loaded with people, some in the trunks. Should have let them out so they could enjoy it too.

If I am really honest about it, it is a very poorly made movie. The acting and dialogue are really bad and Eastwood does some facial expressions that are out of character for The Man With No Name. The timing of some of the actors getting shot was very poorly done as well. I << the scene at the river with the Gatling Gun and I love me some Serio Leone but he should be ashamed of that. He should have told the actors to fall after being shot, not before. The other thing I noticed that I missed in the previous 20 viewings was how bad the kid is in it. When he was crying for his Mama, he actually went "waaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaah". Sam Peckinpah would have had him as collateral damage and shot mid "waaaaaaah".
And @cowboyec will never speak to you again....after his response to this.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
I watched "A Fistful of Dollars" last night and flashed back to seeing that when it came out at the drive in with 4 cars loaded with people, some in the trunks.

I had a similar experience the other day watching one of my all-time favs: "Death Rides A Horse". It has about the same production quality of other Spaghetti Westerns, but it took me right back to when I first saw it as a 10 year old kid. It was in a small Northern California town and the theater was called the Bijou.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And @cowboyec will never speak to you again....after his response to this.
I thought about that but I've been kind to Elvis except calling him that dead fat guy.

I am serious, watch that movie objectively and forget all that followed because that was his worst western. It started that spaghetti western trend but it really was poorly made but Sergio Leone got much better as he went along.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought about that but I've been kind to Elvis except calling him that dead fat guy.

I am serious, watch that movie objectively and forget all that followed because that was his worst western. It started that spaghetti western trend but it really was poorly made but Sergio Leone got much better as he went along.
You're preaching to the choir, my friend. I don't really care for most westerns because of the bad, or overacting. Also, they tend to be very similar to each other in many cases... possibly because of the bad acting.