Rate the last movie you saw

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Widow

8/10.

I loved the pacing, the film never slowed down or bored me, even during obvious exposition moments. I felt the newly introduced characters all had their moments to shine and I look forward to following the adventures of the ‘new Black Widow’, she stole the movie for me.
Florence Pugh is a natural. I wonder what her superhero pose will look like? :muttley:

The Red Room's destruction and worldwide network of Red Widows can only add enormous material for any Pugh storylines. Exciting stuff. I do hope Rachel Weisz plays some additional part in her stories at some point too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went to see it in theaters and I’m STILL thinking about making the $30 purchase.
I am waiting for it to appear on something. Surely, it will appear on something. I spend $30 on a movie, better be free popcorn, hot dogs and sodas and a hot blonde that thinks cut outs in the bottom of the popcorn box are a lot of fun!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Florence Pugh is a natural. I wonder what her superhero pose will look like? :muttley:

The Red Room's destruction and worldwide network of Red Widows can only add enormous material for any Pugh storylines. Exciting stuff. I do hope Rachel Weisz plays some additional part in her stories at some point too.

I loved David Harbour’s Red Guardian as well. I hope to see them all again at some point in the future. They’ve definitely got the pieces for another Disney + series at a minimum.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am waiting for it to appear on something. Surely, it will appear on something. I spend $30 on a movie, better be free popcorn, hot dogs and sodas and a hot blonde that thinks cut outs in the bottom of the popcorn box are a lot of fun!

9cd32a24-c474-444c-9f7d-afe7d32a9f85_text.gif

Sammy

Reaction score
The Bag Man with John Cusack on TUBI. Good story with unexpected plot twists. Cusack is hired to pick up and deliver a bag and is ordered to not look inside it. Parts of the conversations and happenings at the motel felt very much like Twin Peaks to me. 7.5 out of 10

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Forever Purge= F MINUS

I only watched one of those movies, but I am guessing they are all along the same lines. Not a good thing to be in peoples mind. It is a bad concept.

What did you not like about it?

timb2

Reaction score
I only watched one of those movies, but I am guessing they are all along the same lines. Not a good thing to be in peoples mind. It is a bad concept.

What did you not like about it?
Stereotypes and it preaches. It is like the other Purge Movies where it is a fantasy vs reality.

catiii

Reaction score
It was a 10 but I forget titles immediately after watching the movie.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Black Widow

8/10.

I loved the pacing, the film never slowed down or bored me, even during obvious exposition moments. I felt the newly introduced characters all had their moments to shine and I look forward to following the adventures of the ‘new Black Widow’, she stole the movie for me.

I loved David Harbour’s Red Guardian as well. I hope to see them all again at some point in the future. They’ve definitely got the pieces for another Disney + series at a minimum.
I couldn't agree more, both Florence Pugh and David Harbour stole the movie. Also, like recent release F9, both feature the theme of family, but between the two, Black Widow is the better movie. ;)

RaZon

Reaction score
Best place to put this...

About a year ago we bought a 56 inch 4KHDSamsung TV, so all the movies I have seen in the past I had never on a 56in 4KHD TV, so it is a different experience. Saw Casablanca a few days ago, yep, a...wow! King Kong 1933, was amazing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best place to put this...

About a year ago we bought a 56 inch 4KHDSamsung TV, so all the movies I have seen in the past I had never on a 56in 4KHD TV, so it is a different experience. Saw Casablanca a few days ago, yep, a...wow! King Kong 1933, was amazing.
I have gone the 32", 46", 50" and 65" and am trying to sell myself why I need an 82" when I've got a Samsung 65 and a perfectly good Panasonic 50 Plasma and I have the 46 in a closet and I live alone.

I was usually effective in taking a want to a need when my wife was with me because of the challenge and I could sell her on how much better her favorite movies would be if the people were larger.

Now, I have to answer to me and is moving from a 65 to an 82 going to be worth it? Is it really going to be that much better?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have gone the 32", 46", 50" and 65" and am trying to sell myself why I need an 82" when I've got a Samsung 65 and a perfectly good Panasonic 50 Plasma and I have the 46 in a closet and I live alone.

I was usually effective in taking a want to a need when my wife was with me because of the challenge and I could sell her on how much better her favorite movies would be if the people were larger.

Now, I have to answer to me and is moving from a 65 to an 82 going to be worth it? Is it really going to be that much better?
How big is the room?

RaZon

Reaction score

An 82 incher, can't really fathom that, a whole other world to me. Yep, curious!

When I see a movie in the guide I would pass because....seen it. Now iI want to see it on superduper TV, a new experience.

How far away can you sit from that 82 inch monster?

Looking forward to watching Cool Hand Luke, just a matter of time.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An 82 incher, can't really fathom that, a whole other world to me. Yep, curious!

When I see a movie in the guide I would pass because....seen it. Now iI want to see it on superduper TV, a new experience.

How far away can you sit from that 82 inch monster?

Looking forward to watching Cool Hand Luke, just a matter of time.
According to the latest formula for 4K HD, which is closer than 1080 to appreciate the difference, you multiply the distance by .84 to arrive at the optimum view. Using that formula, I should buy a 210 4K and I ain't doing that.

I have to sell myself hard to move to 85. But watching the big blockbusters that were theater experience necessary can help that along.

I have a pretty simple lifestyle, live alone, good cigars, top shelf whiskey and good seafood and steaks and music and movies/streaming are my sources of entertainment. I don't take vacations because there's no place I want to go alone and I have my boat, which I do not like to go out on alone. Yep, can feel the sales pitch coming. Why CC, you deserve every one of those 85 inches and even more you poor deprived thang.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
42 x 28. I am watching from around 25' right now but I also have to consider moving and this is a large room with a sloping ceiling from 12' to 25'.
If you were staying in a room that size, I'd say go ahead and buy the bigger monstrosity, but for now, just move closer to the big enough one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to the latest formula for 4K HD, which is closer than 1080 to appreciate the difference, you multiply the distance by .84 to arrive at the optimum view. Using that formula, I should buy a 210 4K and I ain't doing that.

I have to sell myself hard to move to 85. But watching the big blockbusters that were theater experience necessary can help that along.

I have a pretty simple lifestyle, live alone, good cigars, top shelf whiskey and good seafood and steaks and music and movies/streaming are my sources of entertainment. I don't take vacations because there's no place I want to go alone and I have my boat, which I do not like to go out on alone. Yep, can feel the sales pitch coming. Why CC, you deserve every one of those 85 inches and even more you poor deprived thang.
Get the spare room ready. I'm selling my house and moving in with you...as long as I can go somewhere else until the seafood stank is gone.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
42 x 28. I am watching from around 25' right now but I also have to consider moving and this is a large room with a sloping ceiling from 12' to 25'.

25' is a long distance. I'm using a 77" OLED at 11' and it's right at the limit of being too big. Have you considered a projector and screen?