Rate the last movie you saw

RaZon

Reaction score
According to the latest formula for 4K HD, which is closer than 1080 to appreciate the difference, you multiply the distance by .84 to arrive at the optimum view. Using that formula, I should buy a 210 4K and I ain't doing that.

I have to sell myself hard to move to 85. But watching the big blockbusters that were theater experience necessary can help that along.

I have a pretty simple lifestyle, live alone, good cigars, top shelf whiskey and good seafood and steaks and music and movies/streaming are my sources of entertainment. I don't take vacations because there's no place I want to go alone and I have my boat, which I do not like to go out on alone. Yep, can feel the sales pitch coming. Why CC, you deserve every one of those 85 inches and even more you poor deprived thang.

Other than the cigars, what's not to like there, sounds pretty cool to me. Like you I enjoy my own company....ha!!! yep, we just cool that's all, ha!!

Getting to the tv thang....I have noticed unless I sit further back this 56 incher gives me a headache, took awhile to figure that out. An 85 incher, I don't know my friend, I have no clue what that would be like, sounds a little over done like my 8 speakers on my stereo, but hey, hell with it, live large.....get it, ha!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
25' is a long distance. I'm using a 77" OLED at 11' and it's right at the limit of being too big. Have you considered a projector and screen?
I am considering leasing a space down front at the local drive in movie and hooking up my BluRay player.

Sammy

Reaction score
Watched Any Given Sunday on Tubi last night. Didn't really buy Pacino as a head coach. Loved the end. Who knew Albuquerque would be host to the next expansion team? 7/10

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched Any Given Sunday on Tubi last night. Didn't really buy Pacino as a head coach. Loved the end. Who knew Albuquerque would be host to the next expansion team? 7/10
The casting in that film was questionable at best, and the script was really bad but it is a football movie so I let a lot slide. James Woods was the most believable character because he can flat bring smarmy.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
According to the latest formula for 4K HD, which is closer than 1080 to appreciate the difference, you multiply the distance by .84 to arrive at the optimum view. Using that formula, I should buy a 210 4K and I ain't doing that.

I have to sell myself hard to move to 85. But watching the big blockbusters that were theater experience necessary can help that along.

I have a pretty simple lifestyle, live alone, good cigars, top shelf whiskey and good seafood and steaks and music and movies/streaming are my sources of entertainment. I don't take vacations because there's no place I want to go alone and I have my boat, which I do not like to go out on alone. Yep, can feel the sales pitch coming. Why CC, you deserve every one of those 85 inches and even more you poor deprived thang.

I have an 85" Sony that i watch from approximately 10 feet. It's viewing center is about 6.5' off the floor, so when seated on couches/chairs, it's like a theatrical experience.

The room it's in is very large so it doesn't look out of place and people can view easily from anywhere but we find the close viewing distance amazing with no problems whatsoever.

Sammy

Reaction score
The casting in that film was questionable at best, and the script was really bad but it is a football movie so I let a lot slide. James Woods was the most believable character because he can flat bring smarmy.

It's a football movie and we're waiting with bated breath for the season to begin which probably made me score it a little higher. I thought Dennis Quaid was well cast as the aging quarterback, but I agree his part wasn't all that well written.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a football movie and we're waiting with bated breath for the season to begin which probably made me score it a little higher. I thought Dennis Quaid was well cast as the aging quarterback, but I agree his part wasn't all that well written.
Oliver Stone and Barry Switzer in the booth was a hell of a hoot and Oliver Stone with his "he's Willie Beamon, Willie Steamin' Beamon" stuff was so absurd it was funny.

There is a track from a song in there they should have removed because that feeds the thought that word is OK sometimes. I did not like it used in the film and Jim Brown should have stopped it, if he was aware of it.

Sammy

Reaction score
Oliver Stone and Barry Switzer in the booth was a hell of a hoot and Oliver Stone with his "he's Willie Beamon, Willie Steamin' Beamon" stuff was so absurd it was funny.

There is a track from a song in there they should have removed because that feeds the thought that word is OK sometimes. I did not like it used in the film and Jim Brown should have stopped it, if he was aware of it.

That song was a little jarring in this day and age. I had to google to see when it was filmed, but I knew it wasn't too long ago since Jamie Foxx isn't all that old.

I didn't even know Oliver Stone was in the movie. Did he not realize how mediocre his movie was? :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That song was a little jarring in this day and age. I had to google to see when it was filmed, but I knew it wasn't too long ago since Jamie Foxx isn't all that old.

I didn't even know Oliver Stone was in the movie. Did he not realize how mediocre his movie was? :laugh:
He didn't add anything to it but unintended humor.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I watched The Ice Road on Netflix. It was absolutely terrible. I can't believe Liam Neeson and Laurence Fishburne did this movie. I had to watch in 10-15 minutes increments but I was bound and determined to finish it just to see how bad it turned out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched The Future War on Amazon Prime. It was somewhat predictable, but still pretty intense, and the creatures are definitely terrifying, but would have been moreso if not for the spike shooting. Overall, I'd give it a 7 in entertainment value.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cF4QsST.jpg

The Suicide Squad

8.00/10.00

Solidly better than the original, which I graded a 7 out of 10. James Gunn knows his stuff.

Glad they did not lean too heavily on Margot Robbie. I was afraid she would get the Hugh Jackman/Wolverine treatment. She got the right amount of screen time and shined even brighter in my opinion.

Will not rant about the movie. Best part for me is that "suicide" has more meaning this time around. Definitely takes the comic book title more literally than the first film.

As always, be sure to watch the end credits. :p

OH NO! MILTON!

Anyone who watches the movie will understand. :laugh:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Just watched The Future War on Amazon Prime. It was somewhat predictable, but still pretty intense, and the creatures are definitely terrifying, but would have been moreso if not for the spike shooting. Overall, I'd give it a 7 in entertainment value.

I didn't like when starlord and his little crew go to russia and finish them off. They show too many waking up for them to win. They should have all died and not won. I think that would have made a better ending

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't like when starlord and his little crew go to russia and finish them off. They show too many waking up for them to win. They should have all died and not won. I think that would have made a better ending
I thought they should have just planted the bomb and left. But there was one thing that I've been waiting for someone to do: They blinded the monster. I was glad to see that.