Rate the last movie you saw

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell us what to think!!! I can’t develop my own thoughts!!!

Oh yeah. I forgot! Sorry!

I thought it was great - 9/10 for me. A grittier, flawed, physical Batman. I love Matt Reeves’ version of the Dark Knight. The detective aspect of the character is front and center too. I loved how he didn’t just always have a gadget bailing him out and they didn’t make it easy for him.

A lot of excellent performances by the supporting characters as well. I think this could easily be as good as the Nolan trilogy and if you liked them, you should like this one too.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I forgot! Sorry!

I thought it was great - 9/10 for me. A grittier, flawed, physical Batman. I love Matt Reeves’ version of the Dark Knight. The detective aspect of the character is front and center too. I loved how he didn’t just always have a gadget bailing him out and they didn’t make it easy for him.

A lot of excellent performances by the supporting characters as well. I think this could easily be as good as the Nolan trilogy and if you liked them, you should like this one too.
I have tickets for tonight. Can't wait.

I am going to try this 4DX Theater. I'm sure it's some gimmicky way of getting people into theater seats, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. I will report back!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have tickets for tonight. Can't wait.

I am going to try this 4DX Theater. I'm sure it's some gimmicky way of getting people into theater seats, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. I will report back!

Have a great time! I’m just glad that people - especially me - are getting back to theaters.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
St. Vincent (Netflix) - Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy are really good, as is the kid in the movie. I'd never seen it until tonight, and I enjoyed it so much I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I absolutely loved The Batman. It was great. Stasharoo really nailed the description a few posts ago.

The 4DX was an interesting experience. I would suggest to experience it at least once. My wife and I both agree we would do it again. At first, I felt it was taking away from the movie. A fight scene came on and I found myself more focused on the seat shaking and whatnot more than the fight scene. However, as the movie goes along and you get more use to it, it just brings you into the movie. The car chase scene was intense chaotic greatness!

What a fantastic return to the movie theater for me.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Batman: 10/10. Close to the perfect movie, IMO. It's a whole different take on the series. I was really skeptical that Robert Pattinson could pull it off, but he was great.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that above. I was skeptical all the way up to the point where I was sticking my butt into the seat, but he did great. I was beyond pleased with his performance.

I also really enjoyed John Turturro as Falcone. :thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I absolutely loved The Batman. It was great. Stasharoo really nailed the description a few posts ago.

The 4DX was an interesting experience. I would suggest to experience it at least once. My wife and I both agree we would do it again. At first, I felt it was taking away from the movie. A fight scene came on and I found myself more focused on the seat shaking and whatnot more than the fight scene. However, as the movie goes along and you get more use to it, it just brings you into the movie. The car chase scene was intense chaotic greatness!

I’m so glad that you enjoyed it! Movies are back baby!

:yourock:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that above. I was skeptical all the way up to the point where I was sticking my butt into the seat, but he did great. I was beyond pleased with his performance.

I also really enjoyed John Turturro as Falcone. :thumbup:

I think Turturro is so good, and so underrated. I think he should be getting bigger roles more often.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Batman: 10/10. Close to the perfect movie, IMO. It's a whole different take on the series. I was really skeptical that Robert Pattinson could pull it off, but he was great.

I like that Reeves’ take is more realistic and less ‘cartoonish’. While he used the color green for the Riddler, it was subtle rather than in your face. While he wore a mask, it was realistic and creepy rather than over the top. And villains don’t dance around in leotards. Rather than a ‘guy with flippers’, Penguin was just a crime boss. I appreciated his take and look forward to what comes next.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like that Reeves’ take is more realistic and less ‘cartoonish’. While he used the color green for the Riddler, it was subtle rather than in your face. While he wore a mask, it was realistic and creepy rather than over the top. And villains don’t dance around in leotards. Rather than a ‘guy with flippers’, Penguin was just a crime boss. I appreciated his take and look forward to what comes next.
Agreed! One reason I absolutely loved Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy (and now Reeves' movie). While Tim Burton's first Batman movie was a bit fun and shrouded in fantasy, it just got ridiculous by the time the movies got to Jim Carrey as Riddler and Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin. Yuck! Did I hate that movie. As much as I love Batman, I'm not a big Robin fan. I loved how Nolan introduced us to the homage of the Robin character in The Dark Knight Rises, but he didn't shove him down our throat as the annoying sidekick in costume. I just prefer my Batman movies to be more grounded to reality.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed! One reason I absolutely loved Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy (and now Reeves' movie). While Tim Burton's first Batman movie was a bit fun and shrouded in fantasy, it just got ridiculous by the time the movies got to Jim Carrey as Riddler and Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin. Yuck! Did I hate that movie. As much as I love Batman, I'm not a big Robin fan. I loved how Nolan introduced us to the homage of the Robin character in The Dark Knight Rises, but he didn't shove him down our throat as the annoying sidekick in costume. I just prefer my Batman movies to be more grounded to reality.

I agree. Grittier and more real is certainly better. At least when it comes to Batman. Don’t get me started on Zack Snyder!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Batman (2022)
bv54iBL.png

8.75 of 10.00

Cloverfield. Let Me In. Both War and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I am solidly a Matt Reeves director fan. He has a good eye for realistic cinematography, although the Gotham City backdrop was often a BIT too cartoony like Joker. All-in-all, it works though.

Good performances throughout from Robert Pattinson down to the actors playing the twins. I thought Reeves captured the best Batman/Catwoman romance seen on screen to date, although I am not ready to put Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman at No. 1. That said, her Selina Kyle was THE best of the bunch in my opinion.

Before the movie I would have not wanted it but I do want to see some sort of sequel now. Jeffrey Wright and Andy Serkis were darn good, especially Wright's Gordon. I selfishly want to see more from them.

Best. The Riddler. Ever. Live and animated. Take a bow, Paul Dano.

The cut scene at the conclusion of the ending credits was the film's only disappointment in my opinion. I would have immediately got up and left if I had known.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Batman (2022)

The cut scene at the conclusion of the ending credits was the film's only disappointment in my opinion. I would have immediately got up and left if I had known.

That's good to know!! I figured there was one but I just could not wait a moment longer to head to the rest room. After a 3 hour movie and a large Pepsi, I had to pee something fierce! lol I will have to see if the cutscene pops up on YouTube.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's good to know!! I figured there was one but I just could not wait a moment longer to head to the rest room. After a 3 hour movie and a large Pepsi, I had to pee something fierce! lol I will have to see if the cutscene pops up on YouTube.
If it does, my advice is not to blink. It is very brief.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Uncharted-7/10

We went to the actual theater for the first time in a couple years, felt great. It is a combination of National Treasure and the Librarian I guess. I like Wahlberg and maybe rated it a bit higher but it was a fun, action adventure at least.it is probably not worth the $60 we spent for two people to see but I don’t care :thumbup:

sulu1701

Reaction score

That kind of reminds me of the Transformers attraction at Universal that my son and I went on, it was like you were actually in the movie, a great experience