Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MoonFall - Ok but not Armageddon or the like. Plenty of special effects and everything but just ok story line.

Morbius - Ok but could have been better.

Sammy

Reaction score
The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn. One of the worst things I can imagine happening to me. I would NOT take that well at all! 7.5

sulu1701

Reaction score
Went to Universal Florida and ride HP for the first time. It was amazing. If Transformers is as good as that, sign me up.
The Transformers ride was like you were actually in the movie, right in the middle of all of the action

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Morbius - Not nearly as terrible as the reviews make it out to be. I liked it better than Venom (not a high bar), except for the end. It doesn't really have much in the way of a 3rd act.
It's like 60% first act, 30% 2nd act, 10% 3rd act.

Could have used a little more humor too.

Action was meh.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morbius - Not nearly as terrible as the reviews make it out to be. I liked it better than Venom (not a high bar), except for the end. It doesn't really have much in the way of a 3rd act.
It's like 60% first act, 30% 2nd act, 10% 3rd act.

Could have used a little more humor too.

Action was meh.

I forced myself through the first venom
Could not make it 20 minutes into the next one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forced myself through the first venom
Could not make it 20 minutes into the next one.

I was surprised at how well the first Venom film did at the box office. But as the Fast and Furious franchise has shown me, there are clearly a lot of people with different opinions and tastes in movies than mine.

But that second Venom movie? Pure trash. An embarrassment.

It's clear to me that while Sony loves to attach 'MARVEL' to their film titles, Disney and Kevin Feige want to stay as far away as possible from the dreck that they're putting out.

Even the No Way Home end credits scene shows that all they wanted was the symbiote. Not Tom Hardy, nothing to do with those bad films, just the symbiote thank you.

John813

Reaction score
Rewatched "Hell or High Water" and I love that movie.

9.5 out of 10 for me.
The dialogue between Toby-Tanner and Alberto-Marcus was great.
Plot line was good and not farfetched to me.
Ending was fitting too. No real happy ending for either character other than Toby getting rid of the "disease" of being poor for his boys.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"He's Out There". Made in 2018.

The plot is your typical "Maniac on the loose and an unsuspecting family" fair.

However the flow of the movie was better than many of that ilk. The script was decent and the acting better than most in the genre.

Ultimately a better than "just watchable" movie.

6 out of 10.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two for a Saturday night...

"Open 24 Hours". Made in 2018.

A combination of the movie "Rest Stop" (made in 2006–highly suggested if you haven't seen it) and the original "Friday the 13th".

Story of a young woman sent to prison and subsequently released for setting her serial murdering boyfriend on fire trying, to start her life over again while suffering with PTSD.

5.5 out of 10.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the Old Knives, Netflix. 1/10. I like Chris Pine but he produced and starred in this total waste of time. This has all the traits of “he owed them a film” and it s poorly written, directed and acted.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two for a Saturday night...

"Open 24 Hours". Made in 2018.

A combination of the movie "Rest Stop" (made in 2006–highly suggested if you haven't seen it) and the original "Friday the 13th".

Story of a young woman sent to prison and subsequently released for setting her serial murdering boyfriend on fire trying, to start her life over again while suffering with PTSD.

5.5 out of 10.

For some reason I got Rest Stop confused with a movie called No Exit. No Exit is at a rest area as well so I guess that was the confusion. However if you have not seen No Exit and do not go in with high expectations, you might enjoy it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason I got Rest Stop confused with a movie called No Exit. No Exit is at a rest area as well so I guess that was the confusion. However if you have not seen No Exit and do not go in with high expectations, you might enjoy it.

Have not seen "No Exit"... But I'll have to look it up!

"Rest Stop" is very good.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have not seen "No Exit"... But I'll have to look it up!

"Rest Stop" is very good.

Wife and I watched Rest Stop last night.
It had it's issues but for the genre it was an enjoyable watch.

New one out now called X that has that 70's horror vibe to it. Hope to watch it later this week.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wife and I watched Rest Stop last night.
It had it's issues but for the genre it was an enjoyable watch.

New one out now called X that has that 70's horror vibe to it. Hope to watch it later this week.

Glad you watched it and glad you found it enjoyable!

There's also a Rest Stop 2 out there... Not as good as the first (which is typical for sequels) but a watchable flick.