Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Venom (Free HBO weekend). I'm glad I went into it expecting it to be really bad, because it surprised me by not being all that bad. It doesn't compare to the MCU movies, but it was entertaining, and there were some pretty good laughs. 6.5/10.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
fE1wOfa.jpg

9.00 out of 10.00

Raimi gives the MCU movie his unique touch and delivers an entertaining thrill.

The Scarlet Witch was relentless in her pursuit. Similar to the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, an unstopping force. Although she's the villain, she does get an heroic redemption in the end.

Some of my favorite scenes were with the Illuminati on Earth-838. Great to see Patrick Stewart and Hayley Atwell reprise their roles. I'm glad Anson Mount got a second chance to redeem Black Bolt after that terrible InHumans television show. Great choice of John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic, I wonder if they'll get Emily Blunt to play The Invisible Women. I wish they included Namor though.

Overall the movie is tense and it's probably not for everyone. But Sam Raimi's style isn't for everyone, although it was more subtle. I can't wait to see Doctor Strange and Clea in the Dark Dimension next.

I recommend watching both WandaVision and What If...? before seeing it. ;)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just watched Shawshank last night. It's one of my favs. Not the greatest, but very good.
But how did Andy return the poster that covered the hole he chipped away?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a very good recommendation but I would expand the must watchlist to Loki, Hawkeye and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier at this point also. Marvel and Disney have intertwined all their MCU movie and television entertainment so freaking well. May as well have anyone up to speed for what's coming after DS2 too. :)

I should include Moon Knight as a must watch, The only reason I do not automatically suggest to anyone they 'must see it' is because I really do not know how important the series details will fit with upcoming movies. I mean, other than JUST the character himself, I do not see ANY connecting dots yet... :confused:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The Batman - I liked the story, but right from the start I thought they made a big mistake.
As he's narrating the beginning, talking about how "they" get scared and think he's in the shadows, whenever the Bat Signal shines, all I could think is, "The petty criminals would know he's too busy to bother with them, when the Bat Signal is on." That made any of his narrating unimportant to me.[Spoiler/]

I didn't like Pattinson at all. They tried to make his neck look bigger, by putting that silly looking collar on the costume, but that didn't work, and they never should've shown him shirtless.

I like that they didn't go over the top with the criminals' costumes, though I don't think they explained where Penguin's name came from, which they should've done, IMO.

Selena Kyle should've been in every single scene. She was quite possibly the sexiest Catwoman ever...and no, I'm not forgetting about Halle Berry.

My 64 year old mom said he was “the hottest Batman”

dsturgeon

Reaction score
spiderman no way home

2.5 out of 10

The whole premise, dr. Strange messing up that spell, the interaction between him and spiderman, sob story, bad action scenes, I thought it was horrible.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Just watched Shawshank last night. It's one of my favs. Not the greatest, but very good.
But how did Andy return the poster that covered the hole he chipped away?
I think it was only secured at the top, like a flap.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
spiderman no way home

2.5 out of 10

The whole premise, dr. Strange messing up that spell, the interaction between him and spiderman, sob story, bad action scenes, I thought it was horrible.
Not a fan of the franchise. I hate all the characters and story lines.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Not a fan of the franchise. I hate all the characters and story lines.

All those villains, 3 spidermans, a wizard and the fight scenes were horrible

Not to mention what they did to Ned's character was bad. They somehow gave him wizards powers, but took away all his good guy in a chair qualities made fun of it by having him push 1 button to run a diagnosis, and made him weak and a girl.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
fE1wOfa.jpg

9.00 out of 10.00

Raimi gives the MCU movie his unique touch and delivers an entertaining thrill.

The Scarlet Witch was relentless in her pursuit. Similar to the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, an unstopping force. Although she's the villain, she does get an heroic redemption in the end.

Some of my favorite scenes were with the Illuminati on Earth-838. Great to see Patrick Stewart and Hayley Atwell reprise their roles. I'm glad Anson Mount got a second chance to redeem Black Bolt after that terrible InHumans television show. Great choice of John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic, I wonder if they'll get Emily Blunt to play The Invisible Women. I wish they included Namor though.

Overall the movie is tense and it's probably not for everyone. But Sam Raimi's style isn't for everyone, although it was more subtle. I can't wait to see Doctor Strange and Clea in the Dark Dimension next.

You liked it much, much, more than I or anyone else in my family did. I would give it a 7 out of 10, and that’s being generous.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Venom (Free HBO weekend). I'm glad I went into it expecting it to be really bad, because it surprised me by not being all that bad. It doesn't compare to the MCU movies, but it was entertaining, and there were some pretty good laughs. 6.5/10.
Doubled down and watched Venom: Let There Be Carnage. I agree that it was much worse than the first movie. That said, there were some funny parts and some pretty decent special effects. 5/10 for me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doubled down and watched Venom: Let There Be Carnage. I agree that it was much worse than the first movie. That said, there were some funny parts and some pretty decent special effects. 5/10 for me.

I hated that second Venom film. Poorly directed, poorly edited, poorly acted. That’s one film I will never purchase and will never watch again. Sony is giving superhero films a bad name, unless they’re working directly with Marvel/Disney.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am half ashamed to even type this. There is an acclaimed movie that I have avoided for over twenty years. I never had an interest in it even though I had no clue what it was about aside from a good cast. The title alone didn’t interest me but the wife watched it today and I sat there like…..fine, I’ll surf the net. Well, not 15 minutes in and I couldn’t look away, was hooked!

The Green Mile

Fantastic flick and I can’t believe it took me this long to see it :facepalm:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am half ashamed to even type this. There is an acclaimed movie that I have avoided for over twenty years. I never had an interest in it even though I had no clue what it was about aside from a good cast. The title alone didn’t interest me but the wife watched it today and I sat there like…..fine, I’ll surf the net. Well, not 15 minutes in and I couldn’t look away, was hooked!

The Green Mile

Fantastic flick and I can’t believe it took me this long to see it :facepalm:
Amazing film! The cast could not have been better.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You liked it much, much, more than I or anyone else in my family did. I would give it a 7 out of 10, and that’s being generous.
I have been reading your opinions on movies and television series for a while now and 'think' I have a tiny feel on how you see stuff. The 7 does not surprise me and I respect it.

On the other hand, I would have put out an all-points bulletin if you had given it a 2.5. I would have been screaming 'SOMEBODY'S KIDNAPPED STASH!' if I had read that. :p

Juggernaut

Reaction score
That is a very good recommendation but I would expand the must watchlist to Loki, Hawkeye and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier at this point also. Marvel and Disney have intertwined all their MCU movie and television entertainment so freaking well. May as well have anyone up to speed for what's coming after DS2 too. :)

I should include Moon Knight as a must watch, The only reason I do not automatically suggest to anyone they 'must see it' is because I really do not know how important the series details will fit with upcoming movies. I mean, other than JUST the character himself, I do not see ANY connecting dots yet... :confused:
Just my Disney+ show suggestions to help with the plot. I agree, add Loki too. :)
Talk about having a real knack for being wrong. Truly makes it look effortless. ;)
Coincidentally, I also liked it much, much more than anyone else in my family. :D