Rate the last movie you saw

RaZon

Reaction score
Red Cliff

In a word....wow!.....which shocks me I usually have no interest in cartoonish type violence flicks, but this one just worked.

Gotta give it a....strong 9.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A site I cannot promote on here. :cool:

I see it can be rented through Amazon Prime for $1.99

I also see IMDB gave it (Rest Stop) and overall rating of like 4.5...

I don't get that.

I've watched more horror flicks than I could count over the years and it's a much better movie than a "4.5".

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X
It is a 2022 movie. I think although in theaters you can rent it on Google Play for like $19.00.
I would not pay that for a rental fee myself

Very disturbing movie in some ways.

In 1979, a group of young filmmakers set out to make an adult film in rural Texas, but when their reclusive, elderly hosts catch them in the act, the cast find themselves fighting for their lives.

If you like horror films set in the 70's with that low budget feel and plenty of adult images...you might like this one. However there are some really creepy stuff going on in the film.

I was going to post a trailer of it but it has a little language in is so did not.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just watched Batman.....I'm on the fence. I thought there was some pretty solid parts with regard to acting, but the movie seemed too drawn out in a few spots. It was unnecessarily long. What I don't care for with all these superhero films and do-overs is the storyline is borderline unwatchable. I know I'm offending the hardcore fans, but to me it's the same crap - different day. Batman, who's identity is a mystery can't take the mask off even in the most unrealistic times. The same dark and rainy production. The same good cop that helps Batman on the downlow. Same backstory. I don't mind remakes, but I'm sadly not a big enough fan to identify much of a difference. I did like the Riddler character, pretty good acting. Same with Penguin, you would never know who the actor is without looking it up.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
X
It is a 2022 movie. I think although in theaters you can rent it on Google Play for like $19.00.
I would not pay that for a rental fee myself

Very disturbing movie in some ways.

In 1979, a group of young filmmakers set out to make an adult film in rural Texas, but when their reclusive, elderly hosts catch them in the act, the cast find themselves fighting for their lives.

If you like horror films set in the 70's with that low budget feel and plenty of adult images...you might like this one. However there are some really creepy stuff going on in the film.

I was going to post a trailer of it but it has a little language in is so did not.

Saw it in the theater. First 20 minutes were good. Downhill from there. The killer’s motivation was stupid to me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw it in the theater. First 20 minutes were good. Downhill from there. The killer’s motivation was stupid to me.

Read that they already started making a Prequel. With the old couple when they were young or at the very least the older lady Pearl when she was younger. That idea sounds like it could actually be a little better IMO.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Read that they already started making a Prequel. With the old couple when they were young or at the very least the older lady Pearl when she was younger. That idea sounds like it could actually be a little better IMO.
Fun fact, the old lady and the main character were played by the same actress.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched Batman.....I'm on the fence. I thought there was some pretty solid parts with regard to acting, but the movie seemed too drawn out in a few spots. It was unnecessarily long. What I don't care for with all these superhero films and do-overs is the storyline is borderline unwatchable. I know I'm offending the hardcore fans, but to me it's the same crap - different day. Batman, who's identity is a mystery can't take the mask off even in the most unrealistic times. The same dark and rainy production. The same good cop that helps Batman on the downlow. Same backstory. I don't mind remakes, but I'm sadly not a big enough fan to identify much of a difference. I did like the Riddler character, pretty good acting. Same with Penguin, you would never know who the actor is without looking it up.
How many Batman movies do we need?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great question and I agree. They're really stretching things thin.
If a production company is going to go to the expense and work of a film, have the writers create some new character, doesn't have to be of comic book origin.

I assume they are trying to capitalize on the name because that worked for this The Batman, however the exit interviews were very negative about what you mentioned, dragging it out for no apparent reason other than to make it longer. Personally, I thought the Christopher Nolan ones with Christian Bale were fine, no need for more.

I do get how some of these directors get a bug up their butt about a franchise and think they can do better like Peter Jackson did with King Kong and Nolan about the previous Batman movies not being dark enough.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

I get where you’re coming from. It’s hard to make a movie that has such popular and beloved source material “original”. Every Batman movie will have to have certain characters and elements.

I found Pattinson’s portrayal of an angry young Wayne that doesn’t really know who he is yet unique, as well as the realistic and brutally violent Riddler. Those were nice spins on the source material.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I get where you’re coming from. It’s hard to make a movie that has such popular and beloved source material “original”. Every Batman movie will have to have certain characters and elements.

I found Pattinson’s portrayal of an angry young Wayne that doesn’t really know who he is yet unique, as well as the realistic and brutally violent Riddler. Those were nice spins on the source material.
I think you would have to be a fan to appreciate the subtleties too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a treasure trove of superhero characters created over decades. Until Marvel/Disney finally got a grip and began storyboarding years in advance, most superhero movies focused on a tiny group of characters. Batman. Superman. Spider-Man. Wolverine (and by direct association, the X-Men).

DC/Warner Bros, in particular, have been so risk-averse that strong, long-time characters, such as Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Captain Marvel Shazam ( :rolleyes: ) and even Cyborg, have been late big screen additions. And despite decades of storylines to hand-pick relatable, audience friendly plots, the studio will flub on using a smart narrative in favor of nonsense (example: Wonder Woman 1984 :facepalm:).

I totally understand "Batman Fatigue." Simply too much of one thing. Among the character redos was someone thinking George Clooney's costume needing nipples to make him standout from his predecessors. Crazy stuff.

So many alternatives. Teen Titans/Young Justice. Icon. The Legion. Static. Villain/Anti-hero? Give Deathstroke a standalone shot. The list goes on and on. It just takes some real imagination and ingenuity. I mean. All the material you could ever want is sitting RIGHT THERE.under your noses. Hollywood can be so freaking stupid at times.

/rant

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
There is a treasure trove of superhero characters created over decades. Until Marvel/Disney finally got a grip and began storyboarding years in advance, most superhero movies focused on a tiny group of characters. Batman. Superman. Spider-Man. Wolverine (and by direct association, the X-Men).

DC/Warner Bros, in particular, have been so risk-averse that strong, long-time characters, such as Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Captain Marvel Shazam ( :rolleyes: ) and even Cyborg, have been late big screen additions. And despite decades of storylines to hand-pick relatable, audience friendly plots, the studio will flub on using a smart narrative in favor of nonsense (example: Wonder Woman 1984 :facepalm:).

I totally understand "Batman Fatigue." Simply too much of one thing. Among the character redos was someone thinking George Clooney's costume needing nipples to make him standout from his predecessors. Crazy stuff.

So many alternatives. Teen Titans/Young Justice. Icon. The Legion. Static. Villain/Anti-hero? Give Deathstroke a standalone shot. The list goes on and on. It just takes some real imagination and ingenuity. I mean. All the material you could ever want is sitting RIGHT THERE.under your noses. Hollywood can be so freaking stupid at times.

/rant
I will say I have enjoyed the Titans and Pennyworth series so far. I did like Gotham also. I know those are TV and not movies, but it does give some hope for some quality DC based movies....... at sometime.