Rate the last movie you saw

quickccc

Reaction score
You are certainly not alone. I chalk it up to the character being the McGuffin and there simply because of her power to jump between the Multiverse. Unless that power is needed again, I don’t expect to see much of this character.

I was both surprised and disappointed that the went ‘full villain’ with Wanda. It now paints WandaVision as the beginning of an inevitable descent into ‘Madness’. And the character is now finished, at least as a hero, and that’s always sad to see.

i admit i know absolutely nuthin' about American Chavez, ..and didn't even know what she looked like or even existed in Marvel Universe until a pic of her was posted
in East's Marvel film thread. So that did help me gain a hint when i finally saw Dr. Strange 2 .

I'm thinking maybe she was thought to fit the super-teen model, that would appeal to the teens going to see the film.
i admit i rarely paid attention to her until (spoiler alert) the dream walk scenes back in her past with accidental loss of her parental moms.
and the early scene battle with one of Dr. Strange's toughest foe's the dimensional demon Shuma-Gorath. ..

But otherwise with American Chavez .. it was more "Meh" ..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i admit i know absolutely nuthin' about American Chavez, ..and didn't even know what she looked like or even existed in Marvel Universe until a pic of her was posted
in East's Marvel film thread. So that did help me gain a hint when i finally saw Dr. Strange 2 .

I'm thinking maybe she was thought to fit the super-teen model, that would appeal to the teens going to see the film.
i admit i rarely paid attention to her until (spoiler alert) the dream walk scenes back in her past with accidental loss of her parental moms.
and the early scene battle with one of Dr. Strange's toughest foe's the dimensional demon Shuma-Gorath. ..

But otherwise with American Chavez .. it was more "Meh" ..

There’s definitely a ‘quota’ at work with Disney/Marvel. It’s easy to see. From a financial perspective, they’re trying to make their appeal and income sources as broad as possible. But they’d do well to remember not to lose their core audience along the way.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Hatchet" 2006

I've watched "Hatchet" numerous times over the years. It's one of the low-budget gems over the past 20 years.

The movie "spoofs" the monster-themed slasher film niche.

The violence & gore is epically funny. Not that it's badly done, but because the violence and gore is so over-the-top that it's funny.

But the movie does retain a certain level of seriousness and jump-scares.

The original was so well thought of that 3 sequels came behind.

The story centers around a Jason Vorhees/Leatherface-type killer named Victor Crowley. And takes place in the swamps of Louisiana.

I'm sure a lot of folks have watched it, if not and you have even a slight interest in horror flicks then do yourself a favor and watch it. And if you have watched it–Then watch it again!

6.0/10

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
"Hatchet" 2006

I've watched "Hatchet" numerous times over the years. It's one of the low-budget gems over the past 20 years.

The violence & gore is epically funny. Not that it's badly done, but because the violence and gore is so over-the-top that it's funny.

The story centers around a Jason Vorhees/Leatherface-type killer named Victor Crowley. And takes place in the swamps of Louisiana.

I'm sure a lot of folks have watched it, if not and you have even a slight interest in horror flicks then do yourself a favor and watch it. And if you have watched it–Then watch it again!

6.0/10
Love Hatchet!
And Hatchet II and III have Danielle Harris!

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Watched a show from 2018 called Freaks. I can't believe I hadn't seen it already. Really good show! It has Emile Hirsch, Grace Park and Bruce Dern.

It is kind of a Mutant show told through the eyes of a seven year old girl. The little actress playing that part is great.

8/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched a show from 2018 called Freaks. I can't believe I hadn't seen it already. Really good show! It has Emile Hirsch, Grace Park and Bruce Dern.

It is kind of a Mutant show told through the eyes of a seven year old girl. The little actress playing that part is great.

8/10
Grace Park, from Hawaii 5-0? Mmmmmmm

bb721

Reaction score
"Hatchet" 2006

6.0/10

I loved Hatchet. I’m a big fan of the director, Adam Green. My favorite film of his is Frozen (no, not THAT Frozen…). I highly recommend checking it out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_(2010_American_film)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Them

Reaction score
..I just watched the two "Reacher" movies starring Tom Cruise...I give them 6 out of 10 probes.
Mostly because I can't see why Cruise was cast for the part.
Other than he's a well known actor. (Jack Reacher is supposed to be a hulk of a man, standing 6-feet-5-inches tall and 'built like a linebacker.)

I only watched those two movies because I watched the original Mini Series "Reacher" online...starring Alan Ritchson.
I give that series a 9 out of 10 probes!...I do recommend it to every one. Also I hear that a "Reacher 2 " series starring Alan Ritchson
will be out on Prime Video in April 2023!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: