Rate the last movie you saw

visionary

Reaction score
Glass Onion - 7.5/10

I enjoyed this entertaining sequel to Knives Out. It’s not perfect, but filled with humor, a unique mystery, and two really good performances in Daniel Craig and Janell Monáe.

didnt like it that much
Just ok in my book

For some reason I got a “phony” feel from it starting with the totally laughable accent attempt by Craig (and I’m a fan of his)

the story was very cookie cutter, rich man, island, 6-7 people trapped with a detective? Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, a million times

6/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Article 99
I have seen this movie many times over the years and I still really enjoy it.

Ray Liotta and Kiefer Sutherland star as doctors whose devotion to healing the sick goes way beyond the call of duty in a film that's captivating, compelling and "as vital and immediate as the evening news" (Associated Press). When Dr. Peter Morgan (Sutherland) begins his medical internship at a Veteran's Administration hospital, he expects to breeze through on his way to a cushy practice. Instead, he's thrust into a bizarre bureaucratic maze where the health of patients is secondary to politics. And the temperature really rises when he teams up with some freewheeling physicians, led by Dr. Richard Sturgess (Liotta), who think they've learned how to break the rules and save lives without getting caught.

It is free on youtube if anyone has not seen it or if they have seen it and would like to watch it again,

visionary

Reaction score
Article 99

Ray Liotta and Kiefer Sutherland star as doctors whose devotion to healing the sick goes way beyond the call of duty in a film that's captivating, compelling and "as vital and immediate as the evening news" (Associated Press). When Dr. Peter Morgan (Sutherland) begins his medical internship at a Veteran's Administration hospital, he expects to breeze through on his way to a cushy practice. Instead, he's thrust into a bizarre bureaucratic maze where the health of patients is secondary to politics. And the temperature really rises when he teams up with some freewheeling physicians, led by Dr. Richard Sturgess (Liotta), who think they've learned how to break the rules and save lives without getting caught.

It is free on youtube if anyone has not seen it or if they have seen it and would like to watch it again,

sounds interesting

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Glass Onion - I liked it, not the best murder mystery, but it was entertaining and really liked the cast. 7/10

kskboys

Reaction score
Article 99

I loved this movie!!! Haven't seen it for some time now, need to get a copy.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
p15193_d_v8_aa.jpg

I had not seen it in a long time, but it is still a good movie. I saw it in the movie theater when i was 9

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Glass Onion - meh. Much like Knives Out, it was just okay.

I felt both had a lot of "fun and interesting 'characters'" (or so people say), who ultimately don't matter much to anything that actually transpires. They're just window dressing. Neither had a very clever or difficult to figure out story, and the 2nd half of both kind of just take some time tying up all the stuff that was pretty much all figured out already.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clerks III 6.5/10 - I liked this movie better than Clerks II (I don't know if that is saying anything). This movie was a lot more poignant than I expected. There were many scenes that tried to hit you in the "feels", and it some ways it worked. It had some humor Kevin Smith-style, but mostly it seemed like a trip down memory lane. The original main people are in the movie as is a lot of the original bit players. It was startling to see them older, even though it's part of life. I did not regret seeing it, but I won't be seeing it again.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Pale Blue Eye - new movie on netflix.
A world-weary detective is hired to investigate the murder of a West Point cadet. Stymied by the cadets' code of silence, he enlists one of their own to help unravel the case - a young man the world would come to know as Edgar Allan Poe.
Christian Bale plays the detective and EA Poe is played by the Dudley boy from the harry potter movies,

Not a bad movie, slow paced period piece in a gothic style.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clerks III 6.5/10 - I liked this movie better than Clerks II (I don't know if that is saying anything). This movie was a lot more poignant than I expected. There were many scenes that tried to hit you in the "feels", and it some ways it worked. It had some humor Kevin Smith-style, but mostly it seemed like a trip down memory lane. The original main people are in the movie as is a lot of the original bit players. It was startling to see them older, even though it's part of life. I did not regret seeing it, but I won't be seeing it again.
Yes more of a trip down memory lane than anything.
However unlike you I enjoyed Clerks II much more as far as a straight up comedy.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Brokeback Mountain. I am way late to this movie. I love Jake G as an actor. Don't know much about Heath Ledger outside of The Dark Knight and now this movie. This movie was ehhh to me. Good acting in parts but the movie drug on too long for me. Not bad but definitely not something I will watch again.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Where can one watch Clerks III. Definitely interested as I am a big Kevin Smith fan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brokeback Mountain. I am way late to this movie. I love Jake G as an actor. Don't know much about Heath Ledger outside of The Dark Knight and now this movie. This movie was ehhh to me. Good acting in parts but the movie drug on too long for me. Not bad but definitely not something I will watch again.
Heath Ledger was very good in The Patriot and in 10 Things I Hate About You. He was pretty good in A Knight's Tale as well, but the latter two may or may not be your taste in movies. I enjoyed all of them and I think he had much more to offer, if he hadn't passed so soon.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heath Ledger was very good in The Patriot and in 10 Things I Hate About You. He was pretty good in A Knight's Tale as well, but the latter two may or may not be your taste in movies. I enjoyed all of them and I think he had much more to offer, if he hadn't passed so soon.
I didn't realize Heath Ledger was in The Patriot. I saw the movie years ago before he made a name for himself in my eyes.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Saw" (2004)

Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, when it comes to movies.

But wow! What a movie and what an affect it had on the horror/thriller genre.

I'm not sure what previous movie you could compare it too... I could see a wee bit of a connection to the movie "Cube", which was made a few years earlier, but other than that, "Saw" was eye-opening original.

Thought Tobin Bell was terrific as "Jigsaw".

The brains behind the movie made a good choice bring in Danny Glover, which brought in a big name and helped bring attention to the film. It helped get the first few folks into the movie theater to watch it and from there the fuse was lit!

The ending is incredible. It totally surprised me.

It was a low-budget film and that shows through here & there, but overall it has earned its place as one of the most influential horror/thriller films of all time.

IMDB gives it a 7.6 rating.

I may bump it up a little from there to a 7.8

Pluto TV has been running several of the movies from the "Saw" franchise lately so I'll probably be back with at least another review.