Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched a couple movies that I have not seen in some time. They are the kind that they are not going to win oscars and they can be a little campy at time...they are still fun watches.

DeathRace - The one with Jason Statham. Just mindless fun action entertainment.
I find the character Machine Gun Joe funny because they try so hard to make him a crazy psycho only to turn around in the last 10 or so minutes of the movie make him a good guy and trusted friend.

The other is No Escape - This is the one where Ray Liota's character is in prison but is dropped off on an island with one group of crazy killers and another group of individuals trying to be civilized. Good movie that most forget.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rebel Moon: Part Two | The Scargiver (2024)
A4Nhbbm.png

7.50 of 10.00

A nice bounce back from the first installment. Or to paraphrase the President (Bill Pullman) in Independence Day, "Not bad, Zack Snyder. Not bad at all." :starspin:

Edited: Downgraded a half-point after sleeping on it, lol.

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starship Troopers

Not really a review and this is not a spoiler as pretty much every one has seen it.

But next time you watch it and you see those thousands of the bugs coming out in those baren looking planets with no other animals or plant life...just stop and ask yourself the following question.

What in the world did all of these bugs eat before the starship troopers showed up? It is a bit of a joke but at the same time, really, what did they eat.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starship Troopers

Not really a review and this is not a spoiler as pretty much every one has seen it.

But next time you watch it and you see those thousands of the bugs coming out in those baren looking planets with no other animals or plant life...just stop and ask yourself the following question.

What in the world did all of these bugs eat before the starship troopers showed up? It is a bit of a joke but at the same time, really, what did they eat.
I have always assumed they were like gigantic ants. Some ants gather leaves for the anthill. The leaves grow fungi and they eat that. It never occurred to me there was not any vegetation around for them to do just that. Maybe they were cannibalistic and ate each other, lol.

Creeper

Reaction score
Starship Troopers

I am still trying to figure out how they got from one planet to the next. And Imagine the force it takes to shoot that plasma all the way into space?

And then again, why not just lure the bugs out and then bomb the snot out of them? Why use infantry with inferior weapons that require them to shoot each bug 50 times before they kill it?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time for Starship Troopers fans to confess! Were you

Carmen_Ibanez.gif

Team Carmen (Denise Richards)

or

Dizzy.jpg

Team Dizzy (Dina Meyer)

I have been Team Dizzy since the first time I saw the film. ST may be the only movie with Denise Richards that I voted against her. :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Carmen_Ibanez.gif

or

Dizzy.jpg

Team Dizzy (Dina Meyer)

I have been Team Dizzy since the first time I saw the film. ST may be the only movie with Denise Richards that I voted against her. :muttley:
I'll go with Denise Richards on this one. An acquaintance of mine co-starred with her, in a very, very short lived series, called Sex, Love, and Secrets, back in 2005. It was a terrible show, mostly because of really bad direction. Anyway, he said she was pretty cool, and self absorbed, like I would have expected.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
msedge_35C9ipOM92.jpg

Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire

As a longtime fan, I’m always eager to see the original crew back bustin’ ghosts. But I don’t think they had enough of a story here to warrant another movie.

Nostalgia is great, but it can only carry you so far. This one was an extremely long build to what amounts to a 10-minute end fight.

The effects were amazing, but style is no substitute for substance.

A few funny lines, a few callbacks, and a lot if ‘remember this?’

If you’re feeling really nostalgic, it’s worth a look. If not, it isn’t.

6/10
That's all I need with this crew. Haven't watched it yet but am very much looking forward to it. I never really liked the story of the second movie either, but the cast and their chemistry just made the need for a good story obsolete. At least in my books. :)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Carmen_Ibanez.gif

or

Dizzy.jpg

Team Dizzy (Dina Meyer)

Dizzy all the way! :thumbup:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Carmen_Ibanez.gif

or

Dizzy.jpg

Team Dizzy (Dina Meyer)

Carmen when I was younger, Dizzy now that I’m older.

visionary

Reaction score

Carmen_Ibanez.gif

or

Dizzy.jpg

Team Dizzy (Dina Meyer)

Im totally with you for the exact reasons you stated (since i have watched ST several times)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll go with Denise Richards on this one. An acquaintance of mine co-starred with her, in a very, very short lived series, called Sex, Love, and Secrets, back in 2005. It was a terrible show, mostly because of really bad direction. Anyway, he said she was pretty cool, and self absorbed, like I would have expected.
Sorry, I meant to write not self absorbed.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two movies.

I enjoyed this but it could have been done much better IMO. It has a cheese factor to it but if you have low expectations going into it, it can be an enjoyable watch. As I said, it could have been done much better.

Now I just seen the trailer a day or so prior to seeing this movie.
I really liked this one. It is nothing ground breaking but it just works. Good acting. That little girl did a killer job.
I liked how they did her teeth and her eyes. Also gets bonus points for having a scene with her dancing along with a danzig song lol. I think I would like seeing another one of these ones either as a prequel or sequel.

The first movie is currently on Prime...so if you have that service you can catch it.
The second one is by far the superior movie IMO. Good horror/action/heist and tad bit of comedy mixed in.

starman22

Reaction score
Revisited Varsity Blues tonight. Haven't seen that movie in AGES! I enjoy the movie. Has that great late 90s/early 00s movie vibe.

Sad seeing both Paul Walker (Lance) and Ron Lester (Billy Bob) in it knowing they both passed too early in life.

The Ali Larter whipped cream bikini scene still holds up. I remember all us young guys going wild when that scene came on back in the day. Lol
I do not believe that Billy Bob Thorton is dead.

Just googled it, yep, he is 68 years old, born in August 4th 1955.