Rate the last movie you saw

SlammedZero

Reaction score
New movie on Prime

Ricky Stanicky

Standard buddy comedy. Has some decent laughs here and there. Not for young eyes and ears.

John Cena plays the title character.

Per IMDB

When three childhood best friends pull a prank that goes wrong, they invent the imaginary Ricky Stanicky to get them out of trouble. Twenty years later, they still use the nonexistent Ricky as a handy alibi for their immature behavior.

Watched this tonight. I was pleasantly surprised with it. I thought it was funny and entertaining. I enjoy John Cena in those roles. I think he does great.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Roadhouse last night. What a steaming pile of mess that was. Jake was pretty good in this and it didn't seem like it was going to be that bad at first but McGregor singlehandedly destroyed this movie. Walking around like he was carrying 2 buckets of water puffing his chest out and wearing the stupidest grin the entire movie...every scene he's just smiling like a moron. It's too bad, it really could have been so much better. The plot line really wasn't great but some solid acting could have salvaged it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Roadhouse last night. What a steaming pile of mess that was. Jake was pretty good in this and it didn't seem like it was going to be that bad at first but McGregor singlehandedly destroyed this movie. Walking around like he was carrying 2 buckets of water puffing his chest out and wearing the stupidest grin the entire movie...every scene he's just smiling like a moron. It's too bad, it really could have been so much better. The plot line really wasn't great but some solid acting could have salvaged it.
Look at the bright side; You'll probably never have to see McGregor in another movie!
:muttley:

joseephuss

Reaction score
McGregor wasn't acting. He was just being himself. I thought it live up to the original as it had terrible acting as well. Full on let the actors be cheesy and not take anything seriously.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Imaginary. 4/10. Cool premise about a haunted imaginary friend/teddy bear. Terrible dialogue, bad acting, super boring. They have one character whose sole job is to dump exposition and be a narrator. Last 10 minutes was ok, but then they had like 3 false endings.

It could have been decent with some writing and acting changes.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Imaginary. 4/10. Cool premise about a haunted imaginary friend/teddy bear. Terrible dialogue, bad acting, super boring. They have one character whose sole job is to dump exposition and be a narrator. Last 10 minutes was ok, but then they had like 3 false endings.

It could have been decent with some writing and acting changes.
Besides being terrifying by being a bad movie, how scary would you say it may be for younger kids (like 6 years old)?
Unfortunately, my daughter's mom seems to like to take her to all these horror movies, so I'm curious to how bad this one was (I know it's "only" PG-13, but still). From the sounds of it, she'll be taking her to see Tarot next. That is, assuming she didn't take her to Immaculate or Late Night with the Devil this past weekend.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Besides being terrifying by being a bad movie, how scary would you say it may be for younger kids (like 6 years old)?
Unfortunately, my daughter's mom seems to like to take her to all these horror movies, so I'm curious to how bad this one was (I know it's "only" PG-13, but still). From the sounds of it, she'll be taking her to see Tarot next. That is, assuming she didn't take her to Immaculate or Late Night with the Devil this past weekend.
There are some scary scenes for a kid. The very beginning shows a pretty scary looking monster in the main character's dream, then it's lame for over an hour. The biggest threat bringing a kid this small is that she might just get bored.

1:40 shows some of the scary parts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Damsel on Netflix.

Millie Bobby Brown is becoming one of my favorite actresses. The first 10 minutes or so had me thinking this was going to be a really cheesy movie, but it turned out to be pretty intense.

It's a bit toward the female empowerment side, but in a good way.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MV5BNTFiNTMxNTQtM2EzOS00NWNhLWFmNzctNjU5ODIzNDIzMzYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Watched this remake last night.

My first thought was ‘why?’

Why did they think they should remake Road House?

Why would they green light this thing?

Why did anyone think they had a worthy reason to do it?

Why did Jake Gyllenhaal decide to take this role?

Why did I watch this?

I’d give it a 5 out of 10. Jake is a good actor and does as much as he could here. And Conor McGregor is so ridiculously over the top, it’s funny. He steals every scene he’s in.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
MV5BNTFiNTMxNTQtM2EzOS00NWNhLWFmNzctNjU5ODIzNDIzMzYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Watched this remake last night.

My first thought was ‘why?’

Why did they think they should remake Road House?

Why would they green light this thing?

Why did anyone think they had a worthy reason to do it?

Why did Jake Gyllenhaal decide to take this role?

Why did I watch this?

I’d give it a 5 out of 10. Jake is a good actor and does as much as he could here. And Conor McGregor is so ridiculously over the top, it’s funny. He steals every scene he’s in.
Maybe someone wanted to posthumously make Patrick Swayze look better?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Revisited Varsity Blues tonight. Haven't seen that movie in AGES! I enjoy the movie. Has that great late 90s/early 00s movie vibe.

Sad seeing both Paul Walker (Lance) and Ron Lester (Billy Bob) in it knowing they both passed too early in life.

The Ali Larter whipped cream bikini scene still holds up. I remember all us young guys going wild when that scene came on back in the day. Lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Revisited Varsity Blues tonight. Haven't seen that movie in AGES! I enjoy the movie. Has that great late 90s/early 00s movie vibe.

Sad seeing both Paul Walker (Lance) and Ron Lester (Billy Bob) in it knowing they both passed too early in life.

The Ali Larter whipped cream bikini scene still holds up. I remember all us young guys going wild when that scene came on back in the day. Lol
I didn’t know Billy Bob passed away. RIP. Yeah, that’s a fun movie to watch again.

Saw ‘The Program’ again not too long ago and enjoyed it too. The early 90’s college football movie with James Caan. Didn’t realize Halle Berry was in it. Had to have been one of her first bigger roles.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t know Billy Bob passed away. RIP. Yeah, that’s a fun movie to watch again.

Saw ‘The Program’ again not too long ago and enjoyed it too. The early 90’s college football movie with James Caan. Didn’t realize Halle Berry was in it. Had to have been one of her first bigger roles.
She looked good with long hair. Really good movie!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

They just mentioned the Program on a podcast I listen to. This is a sign I need to watch it again.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Beekeeper - Rented this movie this weekend. It was good. I enjoyed it. A bit cheesy overall, but what movie isn't these days? Also, I'm a sucker for a one-man army kind of movie. There was some subtle comedy sprinkled throughout, whether intentional or not I'm not sure, but there were a few scenes that had me chuckling. Jason Statham does Statham things. It feels like I haven't seen Jeremy Irons in a movie in a long time, so it was nice to see him in a role. If you guys like the one man vs. the world action movie, you'll enjoy this one.

7/10

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Beekeeper - Rented this movie this weekend. It was good. I enjoyed it. A bit cheesy overall, but what movie isn't these days? Also, I'm a sucker for a one-man army kind of movie. There was some subtle comedy sprinkled throughout, whether intentional or not I'm not sure, but there were a few scenes that had me chuckling. Jason Statham does Statham things. It feels like I haven't seen Jeremy Irons in a movie in a long time, so it was nice to see him in a role. If you guys like the one man vs. the world action movie, you'll enjoy this one.

7/10
Jason Statham feels like one of the few solo action stars left in today's film market. I liked his last movie Wrath of Man too. When I get a chance, I'll definitely watch Beekeeper.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I watched Nobody with Bob Odenkirk for the 2nd time (it's on FreeVee) and enjoyed it as much as the first time. Nothing deep about it, but engaging and fun to watch 6.8/10.
Yeah, I really thought he was miscast when I saw the trailer, but he pulled it off. This was the first movie I saw in the theaters after covid, and it delivered.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah, I really thought he was miscast when I saw the trailer, but he pulled it off. This was the first movie I saw in the theaters after covid, and it delivered.
I could get into it when he was doing the secret normal guy thing, but when the fight scenes started, I didn't fight it believable. I tried. Seemed like a cool movie. Another John Wick gone rogue.