Rate the last movie you saw



This is kind of a wild one. Has a lot of humorous things but also some pretty wild body gore scenes. Has many flaws but I still enjoyed it.



Just a fun action chase movie. If you like most of Liam Neeson's movies of late, you know what you are getting.



Unlike Subservience and the Companion...this one was not afraid of the nudity. Just saying, not for young eyes. Overall though it was a decent thriller.



Similar to It Follows for those that have seen that one. However big warning if you can't stand to watch young men kissing...do not bother with this one. Over all it has some cool things but also some flaws.
 


Fun little movie. Nothing new or special. Just a turn your brain off and enjoy a comedy, action and buddy film where the two guys change each other.
 


Fun little movie. Nothing new or special. Just a turn your brain off and enjoy a comedy, action and buddy film where the two guys change each other.

Just watched this movie and was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. Didn't really know what to expect going in, but it hooked me pretty quickly.
 
Just watched Supergirl.
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked it. It wasn't fantastic, but it was pretty good, IMO. It was a hell of a lot better than the latest Superman flick. I didn't care much for Lobo - or maybe it's just Mamoa's portrayal of him. I don't know, this is the first time I've ever seen the character. (Why didn't they give him a real cigar, instead of the clearly fake one?)

Anyway, I didn't go into it expecting much, because of everything I've heard, and maybe that's why it was better than I expected.

7/10
 
Young Guns

2/10

Pretty terrible movie. It was a waste of a good cast. Plot was lame and the action sucked. No redeeming qualities.
 
Just watched Supergirl.
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked it. It wasn't fantastic, but it was pretty good, IMO. It was a hell of a lot better than the latest Superman flick. I didn't care much for Lobo - or maybe it's just Mamoa's portrayal of him. I don't know, this is the first time I've ever seen the character. (Why didn't they give him a real cigar, instead of the clearly fake one?)

Anyway, I didn't go into it expecting much, because of everything I've heard, and maybe that's why it was better than I expected.

7/10
I wonder if Hollywood just CGIs cigarettes now?
 
Young Guns

2/10

Pretty terrible movie. It was a waste of a good cast. Plot was lame and the action sucked. No redeeming qualities.
I feel like it's one of those movies you need to watch when you're young. Watch it after decades of real world grind, and it may not have the same impact. I always liked the sequel the best. I'm glad they brought out the true sociopath of Billy the Kid and didn't glorify it. Also thought the supporting crew had better actors and characters.
 
Resident Evil - Really liked it until the tired typical lazy ending.

Still much better than the previous adaptations.
 


Some interesting ideas but just too goofy. Skip this one.



This one is a bit ham fisted. Seems like it tries too many different things. It is kind of like watching a tv series where one thing gets some what worked out only for another problem to pop up and then another. Also some predictable twists. It is ok if you like the genre but just go into it with lower expectations.
 


The Idea behind it is kind of interesting but it to me it became a look at all I can do on my computer while on a different country over seas.



First Resident Evil movie I have enjoyed for a long time. Rather simple but fun and funny at times. Keep in mind it is a resident evil movie so lower the expectations, turn the mind off and I think you will enjoy.
 
I have tried multiple times to watch the Venom Movies.
For whatever reason I can not make it 20 minutes in on any of them before I just have to turn it off.

I like Tom Hardy in almost everything he has been in, minus that motorcycle movie. I like Marvel movies. A always thought the venom character was cool in the comics. Just something about the movies that I just can not get into.

Am I the only one?
 
I have tried multiple times to watch the Venom Movies.
For whatever reason I can not make it 20 minutes in on any of them before I just have to turn it off.

I like Tom Hardy in almost everything he has been in, minus that motorcycle movie. I like Marvel movies. A always thought the venom character was cool in the comics. Just something about the movies that I just can not get into.

Am I the only one?
You’re not.

They’re atrocious.

And not truly ‘Marvel movies’. These are Sony movies, and everything they do without collaboration with Disney is trash.

They give us this junk, Morbius, Madame Web, and Kraven the Hunter. Just the worst of the worst.

I was shocked that the first Venom did as well as it did at the box office. But Let there be Carnage was awful, and like you, I couldn’t get through twenty minutes of the last one.

After the failure of Web and Kraven, Sony realized they were wasting their time and money and abandoned making the ‘Spiderverse’ films. Thankfully.
 
Resident evil. 6.5-7. The director made the film weapons last year. I am not like a die hard horror fan but a fan of films over all. Resident evil is based on the videos games but this movie has nothing to do with the plot of those games- I’d go into it not worrying one iota about it.

It turns into a film about a character who has a horrible night and is trying to stay alive through total chaos. Focus is on camera angles, jump scares, the actor who plays the main character played a role in weapons and was great.

He was good in this movie but way too many one liners and the movie gets a bit ridiculous at certain points. I will be seeing prime time with Pattinson soon and my favorite movie of the summer was the odyssey which was epic
 
I have tried multiple times to watch the Venom Movies.
For whatever reason I can not make it 20 minutes in on any of them before I just have to turn it off.

I like Tom Hardy in almost everything he has been in, minus that motorcycle movie. I like Marvel movies. A always thought the venom character was cool in the comics. Just something about the movies that I just can not get into.

Am I the only one?
I think the voice, has a lot to do with it. Also, the jokes are mostly bad.
 
Toy Story 5 - My wife asked to watch this with her last night, so I did. I have to admit, I really enjoyed it. I thought there was a great underlying message about bullying, our dependence on technology/social media, and how easy it is to get so caught up in the screen that we forget to actually enjoy the people and things around us.

Kind of ironic that a movie about toys is reminding us that life is meant to be lived, not just watched through a screen. And honestly, I think that’s a message we could all use a little more of these days.

Edit: As I am on CowboysZone :muttley:
 
Toy Story 5 - My wife asked to watch this with her last night, so I did. I have to admit, I really enjoyed it. I thought there was a great underlying message about bullying, our dependence on technology/social media, and how easy it is to get so caught up in the screen that we forget to actually enjoy the people and things around us.

Kind of ironic that a movie about toys is reminding us that life is meant to be lived, not just watched through a screen. And honestly, I think that’s a message we could all use a little more of these days.

Edit: As I am on CowboysZone :muttley:
Yeah, I watched it too. At first, I thought it was just counting on the success of the prior movies, but it got a lot better as it went.

I'd give it a 7/10
 


It Ends 6/10

Super low budget psychological horror movie. The plot is pretty heavy handed with the metaphor. Acting is decent. I didn’t care for it much.
 
Toy Story 5 - My wife asked to watch this with her last night, so I did. I have to admit, I really enjoyed it. I thought there was a great underlying message about bullying, our dependence on technology/social media, and how easy it is to get so caught up in the screen that we forget to actually enjoy the people and things around us.

Kind of ironic that a movie about toys is reminding us that life is meant to be lived, not just watched through a screen. And honestly, I think that’s a message we could all use a little more of these days.

Edit: As I am on CowboysZone :muttley:
:hammer:

Great words.

I couldn’t agree more.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,051
Messages
14,659,710
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top