Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone mentioned Sisu earlier in the thread.
Good recommendation. I enjoyed the movie.
Has a little QT vibe to it. Also has that odd pacing or silence similar to Vahalla Rising.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Air on Amazon Prime. You’re a sports fan and/or like inspiratiomal stories, get it!

10/10…. Great story, great cast, I knew I was going to like it but even better than I thought.

By far, the best exclusive streaming movie I’ve seen this year.
Wouldn't give it a ten but also really enjoyed it. Seemed like the whole cast had a great time and they really nailed it with the 80s setting. Affleck's wig was probably a bit overkill but other than that it was spot on.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Thing (2011)

This is the prequel to the classic John Carpenter's The Thing. I watched it a long time ago and was probably to harsh, just too high a bar to live up to the 1982 version. It was better than I remember, it had it's good moments, on it's own it's alright. Didn't really care for the ending so much, but really did like the end credits scenes that would lead to the original movie. 6.5/10

Hellboy (2019)

This was the reboot of the original movies. Harbour and Ian McShane seemed to be well cast for their roles, but this movie just seemed to lack all around, everything just fell short from the original. The story was so-so, the humor just felt flat, performances felt lacking, again nothing was quite as good as the original. Really missed not having Abe in this one. It wasn't bad, just kinda 'meh'. 6/10

Under The Skin

Scarlett Johansson plays an alien that assumes human form and lures/seduces men to consume, that all sounds like a pretty good making for a movie. This is more of an art house flick, very little dialogue, no real action, low budget, very subdued tones, just kinda slow. There were a few parts I liked and some interesting takes, but man give us some kind of back story or insight into her or her race. It could have been much better if they gave us some kind of story or background, it honestly felt like more of a film school project. 5/10

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The Thing (2011)

This is the prequel to the classic John Carpenter's The Thing. I watched it a long time ago and was probably to harsh, just too high a bar to live up to the 1982 version. It was better than I remember, it had it's good moments, on it's own it's alright. Didn't really care for the ending so much, but really did like the end credits scenes that would lead to the original movie. 6.5/10

Hellboy (2019)

This was the reboot of the original movies. Harbour and Ian McShane seemed to be well cast for their roles, but this movie just seemed to lack all around, everything just fell short from the original. The story was so-so, the humor just felt flat, performances felt lacking, again nothing was quite as good as the original. Really missed not having Abe in this one. It wasn't bad, just kinda 'meh'. 6/10

Under The Skin

Scarlett Johansson plays an alien that assumes human form and lures/seduces men to consume, that all sounds like a pretty good making for a movie. This is more of an art house flick, very little dialogue, no real action, low budget, very subdued tones, just kinda slow. There were a few parts I liked and some interesting takes, but man give us some kind of back story or insight into her or her race. It could have been much better if they gave us some kind of story or background, it honestly felt like more of a film school project. 5/10
I liked the new version of hellboy, and I wish they would have done more. I liked the plot, humor, and people playing in it. I don't compare it to the other 2, but if I were to compare to the other 2, I like the overall flow of the newer one better

This is going off my memory though.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Thing (2011)

Hellboy (2019)

Under The Skin

The Thing is one of those movies that producers felt had to be re-made because of advances in technology/CGI. Just my opinion but I sense some movies are just demonstrations of how far computer generated scenery has become.

I agree with you on Hellboy. This was another movie that was not necessary.

Under the Skin was weird from the get go and it does look like a school project. I actually think there is a moral to the story but the way the movie was made I think they missed that mark badly. Also, Johansson had several scenes where she is completely naked and I thought it was a big disappointment. I don't mean to be too chauvinistic but she should take better care of herself since I think here appearance is her bread and butter. Her acting skills alone are not going to do it for her.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The Thing is one of those movies that producers felt had to be re-made because of advances in technology/CGI. Just my opinion but I sense some movies are just demonstrations of how far computer generated scenery has become.

Under the Skin was weird from the get go and it does look like a school project. I actually think there is a moral to the story but the way the movie was made I think they missed that mark badly. Also, Johansson had several scenes where she is completely naked and I thought it was a big disappointment. I don't mean to be too chauvinistic but she should take better care of herself since I think here appearance is her bread and butter. Her acting skills alone are not going to do it for her.
why do you think another hellboy was not necessary?

Creeper

Reaction score
why do you think another hellboy was not necessary?
I just think it did not add anything to the series of movies. I think all of these comic book movies tend to wear thin after a while. The Hellboy schtick was done already. Just my opinion.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I think for 'Under The Skin' the director wanted to have a few extra pounds on her to appear more like a normal person and not a movie star, if you watch other stuff she's been in since, she's pretty fit. Pretty sure I read most if not all the guys she ends up luring in were not professional actors, but locals cast for the movie. I think she did good with what she had to work with, the movie is just pretty sparse in general.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Kill Boksoon
A Korean action thriller about a single mother that also happens to be an elite assassin. There are several assassin agencies and she works for the top agency, following an incident a contract is placed on her. Decent action has some pacing issues, it's not John Wick, but still entertaining. 6.75/10

AKA
A French action thriller about a man that works for a secret govt agency that has less than two days to infiltrate a crime gang that will lead him to a terrorist before he unleashes his plan. This isn't a big budget action movie with tons of special F/X, but has a good story and good action. It has believable, not over the top action scenes, but he's still a bad man, pretty well done. I liked this one and would like to see a sequel. 8/10

Children of Men
An older sci-fi starring Clive Owen, Julieanne Moore and Michael Caine. It's a not too far into the future, dystopian story where humans have become infertile, it's been almost 20 years since the last child was born. Clive Owen's character crosses paths with a pregnant woman and has to get her to safety avoiding oppressive govt and military and public rebellion. Always liked Clive Owens and he does a good job here. Really like Michael Caine, he plays an old hippy, good character. 8/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Children of Men
An older sci-fi starring Clive Owen, Julieanne Moore and Michael Caine. It's a not too far into the future, dystopian story where humans have become infertile, it's been almost 20 years since the last child was born. Clive Owen's character crosses paths with a pregnant woman and has to get her to safety avoiding oppressive govt and military and public rebellion. Always liked Clive Owens and he does a good job here. Really like Michael Caine, he plays an old hippy, good character. 8/10
Good movie that just does not seem to garner much attention

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves.

The sets and costumes are top notch. The creatures are pretty decent. The dialogue, acting, and story are all pretty reminiscent of 80's fantasy. Most of the humor is forced, but I got a couple of chuckles out of it.

I'll give it a 6/10.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
No Country For Old Men - 9.5/10

In a state of inebriation I put on this classic. Still a stunning film, great acting, the cinematography is excellent. The directing shows the Cohen brothers at their best.

2007 cinema was stacked. No Country, There Will Be Blood, Juno…

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No Country For Old Men - 9.5/10

In a state of inebriation I put on this classic. Still a stunning film, great acting, the cinematography is excellent. The directing shows the Cohen brothers at their best.

2007 cinema was stacked. No Country, There Will Be Blood, Juno…
i wouldnt put juno in a stacked category, but american ganster was another good one

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Guardians of the Galaxy III" (2023)

A good film.

The reviews of the film have been very good.

I didn't think it was the equal of the first two films, but it was good and entertaining. A little sadder than the first two films.

Thought it was a proper send-off for the original group of Guardians.

6.5/10

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Went and saw this tonight. I absolutely loved it. I thought it really delivered an entertaining and nostalgic experience that is good for all ages. As a person in the age group that grew up with the Nintendo/Super NES systems, it really brought beloved memories of the characters to life on the big screen. On the other end of the age spectrum, we took my 5 year old niece with us, and even she loved it. It was a really vibrant and great looking movie. There were an absolute ton of Easter Eggs to the Super Mario franchise and even some nods to other games from the Nintendo world. It's about time Hollywood did right to the Super Mario Bros!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dungeons and Dragons Honour Among Thieves
It's a fun movie a little cheesy at times, but in a good way. A light-hearted adventure with some nice nods to the game and I really liked the cast. 6.75/10

City of God
A story of three boys as they grew up in the rough slums in Brazil. Really good movie, shows a tough life of how and what they had to do to get through, gang life, drugs, violence. 8.5/10

Pearl
This is a prequel to 'X', Mia Goth, plays Pearl, the old woman in 'X' but as a young girl. I think I liked 'X' a little more, but it's alright if you liked 'X'. 6/10