Rating Dak

Ken

Reaction score
Seriously though, he probably maxes out at 60yds at most, but isn’t quite sure where it’s going.
Well the video i posted shows him throw it at least 65 yards...the 32 yard line
60-65 yds, not 70
Ya, my math was off lol

32 to about the 6...

For perspective: Here is the unofficial top 10 longest throws...Dak's beat some of these IMO.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well the video i posted shows him throw it at least 65 yards...the 32 yard line

Ya, my math was off lol

32 to about the 6...

For perspective: Here is the unofficial top 10 longest throws...Dak's beat some of these IMO.

Best deep ball I’ve ever seen him throw,from the 33 yd line.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Toughness 10
Leadership 10
Team mate 10
OL support 2
OC support 1
Reliability of WRs 3
Cultural support 0
OL support 2???
He's had one of the better lines since entering the NFL. Every player on the oline should not have to be all pro and play flawless for it to work for Dak.

Section446

Reaction score
How would you rate Dak?

Arm talent - 6
Accuracy - 4
Pre/post snap reads(going through progressions) - 5
Pocket awareness
Average...

Arm talent - 6
Accuracy - 4
Pre/post snap reads(going through progressions) - 5
Pocket awareness - 5

RS12

Reaction score
Anybody who rates him above average in any category I suggest you take these off and watch a little closer next time. Even Danny White constantly complains about him not hitting runners in stride on the national radio broadcast.

iu

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How would you rate Dak?

Arm talent
Accuracy
Pre/post snap reads(going through progressions)
Pocket awareness

The trouble with Dak is the high variance in all of those. Sometimes just great. And then there are games like SF.

I think the ankle injury was a big deal for him. Left him much less room for poor mechanics, and limited his ability to throw on the move.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The trouble with Dak is the high variance in all of those. Sometimes just great. And then there are games like SF.

I think the ankle injury was a big deal for him. Left him much less room for poor mechanics, and limited his ability to throw on the move.

I think San Francisco is because the playoffs is a different game. You can have the best record in the NFL during the regular season and be one and done in the playoffs all the time. Playoffs requires leadership which our team doesn't get from the coaches nor the players, focus and determination. Other teams kick their game to another level once the playoffs start and you have teams with less talent such as San Francisco kicking our *** in the playoffs.

UncleRico

Reaction score
How would you rate Dak?

Arm talent
Accuracy
Pre/post snap reads(going through progressions)
Pocket awareness
On a 1-10 scale (with 5 being the average NFL QB):

Arm talent- 6
Accuracy- 7
Pre/post snap- 5
Pocket awareness- 5

It’s weird with Dak though, after week 7 my answers would have been:
Arm talent- 7
Accuracy- 9
Pre/post snap- 9
Pocket awareness- 8

a tale of two halves…

JJHLH1

Reaction score
One thing Dak has going for him is that since Brady is retiring almost all the good QB’s are now in the AFC.

If Dak fails to have any playoff success again he has no excuses, just like this year.

I’d give him 7’s.

Not good enough to win a Super Bowl unfortunately.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When you’ve played football and coached football for years, and love football w/ a passion,damn right I’ll talk about my team!
..."damn right I’ll talk about my team!"...

is he the only one on the team? the only problem with the team? the only thing on the team to talk about? seems like its all Dak and nothing else.... you are obsessed with Dak, not the team.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
..."damn right I’ll talk about my team!"...

is he the only one on the team? the only problem with the team? the only thing on the team to talk about? seems like its all Dak and nothing else.... you are obsessed with Dak, not the team.
When you’re paid like you’re elite, then you better be elite or you’re going to be scrutinized.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Just the facts please.No agenda’s.
You’re asking for opinions, not facts. Asking for people to “rate” Dak a number in various areas is the definition of asking for an opinion/agendas.

Fact: No Cowboys QB has been to, much less won, a Super Bowl since the 95 season (including Dak, obviously).

I refuse to lay our blame at Dak’s feet when we’ve had the same problems for years, even with different QBs.