News: Ravens D-line or Cowboys O-line?

erod

Reaction score
You proceed from a false assumption. This team doesn't need "an elite QB", whatever your personal definition of that may be.

Is Prescott as good as he'll ever be? Likely not

But he's as good as he needs to be to have this team at 8-1.

And if Prescott doing his job was the only determining factor, the team would be undefeated.

He's playing really well. Fantastically well for a rookie.

But if he's the guy from here, any hopes of a championship THIS season are gone. Romo gives this team the only chance it has to outplay its crappy defense against the top playoff teams, and that's only if he can play like his 2014 self.

ringmaster

Reaction score
It's amazing the lengths that you will go to try to knock him.

Now Philly "backed off"?

And even if he wins, he can't "win", and it will only be due to the Ravens' offense being "nothing special at all".

It's getting laughable at this point.
I don't get it either Stash it seems @erod has some resentment against Dak and as you said it's getting old no denying that the offense will be facing a very good Ravens D, but there is no defense that has been able to slow down this offense and the Ravens won't be any different he keeps harping on Dak's performance against Philly while it wasn't pretty for 3 qrts he delivered when the team needed it the most and that one game told me a lot more about Dak's response to adversity and it also showed that his future is very bright and he will be a thorn in the side for every team in the NFC East for years so @erod will have to deal with Dak now being the starting QB indefinitely.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's playing really well. Fantastically well for a rookie.

But if he's the guy from here, any hopes of a championship THIS season are gone. Romo gives this team the only chance it has to outplay its crappy defense against the top playoff teams, and that's only if he can play like his 2014 self.

Again, your claim here is baseless and without merit. I can't believe that you even agree with it yourself.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
After reading a few pages of that forum post it's obvious that most of their fans have not seen the Cowboys play this year. On the flip side I haven't seen any ravens games either.

From what I saw, in general they believe their path to victory is containing DP (so he has to win by throwing) and covering DB and CB. They are really minimizing the impact of our oline, EE, and DP. It's like they don't know we've won 8 games in a row.

Some said they feel more comfortable winning by 2td's since romo is not playing.

erod

Reaction score
I don't get it either Stash it seems @erod has some resentment against Dak and as you said it's getting old no denying that the offense will be facing a very good Ravens D, but there is no defense that has been able to slow down this offense and the Ravens won't be any different he keeps harping on Dak's performance against Philly while it wasn't pretty for 3 qrts he delivered when the team needed it the most and that one game told me a lot more about Dak's response to adversity and it also showed that his future is very bright and he will be a thorn in the side for every team in the NFC East for years so @erod will have to deal with Dak now being the starting QB indefinitely.

Dak is not an elite QB. He very well may be one day. Romo, in 2014, was an elite QB. That's all I'm saying.

Through three quarters, Dak didn't even have 100 yards passing against Philly. He finished 19 of 39 with a crappy rating if stats matter. Then, suddenly, the Eagles got out of their stacked boxes and dropped the safeties and allowed themselves to be picked apart in the run and short passing game. Pederson stopped running the ball. He got ROASTED for that, as he should have.

Dak is an amazingly mature and poised young QB. He appears to be a student of football like Romo. He's built like a truck. He has a weak arm, but so do many great quarterbacks of the past. I'm fully confident we've found our guy for the next decade.

But there's also a reason no rookie QB has ever won it all. Roethlisberger and Wilson inherited good situations, too, in different ways, and they had GREAT defenses, and they couldn't get it done. Dak isn't seasoned enough to handle what he'll face in the playoffs yet.

Romo is our best chance THIS year. I'm not saying I'd start him now because you NEVER mess with a streak like this.

However, before it's done, I have a feeling Romo will be needed this season. If it's Dak from here, he'll have to take his playoff lumps and lessons and get ready for next year.

erod

Reaction score
Again, your claim here is baseless and without merit. I can't believe that you even agree with it yourself.

It's actually the same opinion widely shared among everybody. Just not the newbies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It looks like appreciation for Romo and lamenting the situation for him to me.

2014 Romo was a better 'passer' than today's Dak Prescott. But anyone who thinks that's all there is to it is naive. To say nothing of the fact that no one can say whether 2014 Romo even exists anymore. What we do know is that 2016 Dak Prescott has this team at 8-1. That's the undeniable fact in all of this.

Last edited:

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I'm sure many Ravens fans watched the Cowboys/Steelers game. How they truly believe they will just shut down Zeke is beyond delusional. Weren't the Bengals supposed to do that? They hadn't allowed a single rushing TD until that point. Weren't the Packers supposed to be the best rushing defense? Ravens fans are going to be crying in the car after Sunday.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm sure many Ravens fans watched the Cowboys/Steelers game. How they truly believe they will just shut down Zeke is beyond delusional. Weren't the Bengals supposed to do that? They hadn't allowed a single rushing TD until that point. Weren't the Packers supposed to be the best rushing defense? Ravens fans are going to be crying in the car after Sunday.

Their D front is legit. Expect tough sledding for most of the game. The NYG are the closest comparison out of all of our opponents as far as size/talent, although they run a different alignment. But i believe our offense is much better than we were in Week 1 with a rookie QB and RB. Should be a great matchup.

Fortunately i think our D should create enough 3 & outs to produce shorter fields for the offense. Balt's offense is probably the least impressive unit we have faced next to Cleveland.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I have watch multiple Ravens games this year, and frankly their defense being #1 is a surprise, they are not dominating and IMO below both the Eagles and Giants. The offense just cannot get going for the Ravens and Flacco has been average at best. Like most games if we keep the turnovers to a minimum and they play up to their #1 defensive status, we will be poised to win this game in the fourth quarter IMO.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It's amazing the lengths that you will go to try to knock him.

Now Philly "backed off"?

And even if he wins, he can't "win", and it will only be due to the Ravens' offense being "nothing special at all".

It's getting laughable at this point.
They didn't backoff, they didn't want to give up the play.Marinelli does this all the time when we have a lead.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Cowboys o line. By the 4th quarter the winner of the battle will be obvious and Zeke will be doing Zeke things.

ringmaster

Reaction score
It looks like appreciation for Romo and lamenting the situation for him to me.

2014 Romo was a better 'passer' than today's Dak Prescott. But anyone who thinks that's all there is to it is naive. To say nothing of the fact that no one can say whether 2014 Romo even exists anymore. What we do know us that 2016 Dak Prescott has this team at 8-1. That's the undeniable fact in all of this.
Indeed and I have a lot of admiration for Tony especially the selfless act he did yesterday by passing the torch to Dak and his contributions to this team and they were some great ones too will never be ignored by me. Both Dak and Zeke should thank Tony for how this team invested heavily on the offensive line because him but I'm also upset at Jerry for tarnishing his storybook career by waiting so late to build the type of offense in his career but I digress. This is now Dak's team and if @erod doesn't remember in which I think he does the trash we had at QB last season after Tony went down then he should appreciate the play of Dak even more and let's just think if Kellen Moore was the starting QB right now there is no way this team is 8-1 even with the great play of Zeke. That is where this team was headed had Moore not been injured in TC and we can both guarantee that at some point this season had it played out the way this team originally planned regarding the QBs @erod would've been calling for Dak to start due to the sub par play we would've saw from Moore for example talking about double standards.

erod

Reaction score
Go find "everybody". Yet another baseless claim amid a bunch of them. You're on an island here. Alone.

LOL. Dude, just ignore my posts, and I'll do the same. No time for this sniveling immaturity.

CWR

Reaction score
There isnt a Dline in the league that can stop us. The real question is how on earth will they do anything offensively with thier putrid run blocking.

erod

Reaction score
Indeed and I have a lot of admiration for Tony especially the selfless act he did yesterday by passing the torch to Dak and his contributions to this team and they were some great ones too will never be ignored by me. Both Dak and Zeke should thank Tony for how this team invested heavily on the offensive line because him but I'm also upset at Jerry for tarnishing his storybook career by waiting so late to build the type of offense in his career but I digress. This is now Dak's team and if @erod doesn't remember in which I think he does the trash we had at QB last season after Tony went down then he should appreciate the play of Dak even more and let's just think if Kellen Moore was the starting QB right now there is no way this team is 8-1 even with the great play of Zeke. That is where this team was headed had Moore not been injured in TC and we can both guarantee that at some point this season had it played out the way this team originally planned regarding the QBs @erod would've been calling for Dak to start due to the sub par play we would've saw from Moore for example talking about double standards.

I need to introduce you to my friends. Mr. Paragraph and Mr. Punctuation. They're critical in discussions if you want to be taken seriously.

I have not reduced Dak's performance as you say. I just know what elite is, and he's not there. Yet. Relax, he'll get there in time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Dude, just ignore my posts, and I'll do the same. No time for this sniveling immaturity.

The only guy practicing "sniveling immaturity" here is you.

Repeatedly making baseless claims and assumptions and then going so far as to claim that "everybody" feels the way you do when nothing could be farther from the truth. If you can't handle somebody disagreeing with you and showing the fault in your logic, that's on you and the person disabling "immaturity" is you.

Put me on Ignore if you can't handle it.

erod

Reaction score
The only guy practicing "sniveling immaturity" here is you.

Repeatedly making baseless claims and assumptions and then going so far as to claim that "everybody" feels the way you do when nothing could be farther from the truth. If you can't handle somebody disagreeing with you and showing the fault in your logic, that's on you and the person disabling "immaturity" is you.

Put me on Ignore if you can't handle it.

Done.