News: Ravens D-line or Cowboys O-line?

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
I need to introduce you to my friends. Mr. Paragraph and Mr. Punctuation. They're critical in discussions if you want to be taken seriously.

I have not reduced Dak's performance as you say. I just know what elite is, and he's not there. Yet. Relax, he'll get there in time.

Dak has taken his team to 8-1 while composing GW drives against Philadelphia, Washington and Pittsburgh. He may have had one against NYG in Williams goes out of bounds.

He has rushed for 4 TD, thrown for 14 TD with only 2 intercepted passes. What would you consider to be elite? What more does he need to do?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Ravens have played the Browns twice, the Jaguars and the Jets the week they started Geno Smith. Not to mention the week they played the Steelers Ben was clearly still injured.

They're a solid team, but they are being a little over hyped on D.

Any team in the NFL playing that schedule so far would most likely be a top 5 defense. Browns twice, Jags, Geno's Jets, and a immobile Ben leading the Steelers. Giants and Skins aren't exactly offensive juggernauts either.

However, the Ravens also played well enough to beat the Giants and Skins but couldn't seal the deal at the end.

Reactions: BAT

ringmaster

Reaction score
I need to introduce you to my friends. Mr. Paragraph and Mr. Punctuation. They're critical in discussions if you want to be taken seriously.

I have not reduced Dak's performance as you say. I just know what elite is, and he's not there. Yet. Relax, he'll get there in time.
Thanks Professor Erod didn't know this was an English class anyway carry on.

erod

Reaction score
Dak has taken his team to 8-1 while composing GW drives against Philadelphia, Washington and Pittsburgh. He may have had one against NYG in Williams goes out of bounds.

He has rushed for 4 TD, thrown for 14 TD with only 2 intercepted passes. What would you consider to be elite? What more does he need to do?

He has the greatest offensive line in the NFL, the best running back since Adrian Peterson was drafted, a Hall of Fame tight end, and a terrific receiving corps that includes Dez Bryant. It's always 3rd and 1.

If he was in Los Angeles or Chicago or Cleveland, he'd be a complete afterthought.

But he's playing really well. I especially like his maturity to handle himself around a unit that talented. That part of him is already special. But he's playing safe and taking almost no chances, which is ideal for a rookie, but not elite.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
He's playing really well. Fantastically well for a rookie.

But if he's the guy from here, any hopes of a championship THIS season are gone. Romo gives this team the only chance it has to outplay its crappy defense against the top playoff teams, and that's only if he can play like his 2014 self.

Did Prescott not outplay his crappy defense multiple times this season? Disclaimer: Point to Ezekiell Elliot and I will point you right back to DeMarco Murray in 2014

erod

Reaction score
Did Prescott not outplay his crappy defense multiple times this season? Disclaimer: Point to Ezekiell Elliot and I will point you right back to DeMarco Murray in 2014

Zeke is so much better than Murray, it's not even funny. Better at literally everything. Better runner inside and outside, better receiver, MUCH better pass protector, more secure with the ball, better vision, more power.....everything.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Its their lb we have to worry about their dl is OK. Our DL better perform against arguably one of the worst ol in the NFL and they just lost their lg to high ankle sprain for 6 weeks

jrumann59

Reaction score
The Ravens have played the Browns twice, the Jaguars and the Jets the week they started Geno Smith. Not to mention the week they played the Steelers Ben was clearly still injured.

They're a solid team, but they are being a little over hyped on D.

This^^^^^. there ranking is over rated similar to the packers at the time we played them.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I'm worried about Steve smith sr. he's going to be locked in! Dbs better be ready. Bmore is a team like Pitt who when their backs against the wall you can't slip. But I'm confident in the squad

windjc

Reaction score

But if he's the guy from here, any hopes of a championship THIS season are gone. Romo gives this team the only chance it has to outplay its crappy defense against the top playoff teams, and that's only if he can play like his 2014 self.
Dak played as well as Romo ever has in the Pittsburgh game. Two gaming winning drives, an elite QB play on the throw to Dez, a more perfectly executed screen than Romo has ever thrown in his entire career and no interceptions. Romo probably doesn't beat Pittsburgh. Now that is the first time all season I can say that with confidence, but to act like Dak isn't flashing elite QB play at 106 QBR, is stupid and ignorant.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

We are 8-1 without Romo, I think you have no clue if this team can win it all with Dak or not. You're just speculating. Can they lose out.....yes, can they win it all with Dak......that is also a yes. We have no clue

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak played as well as Romo ever has in the Pittsburgh game. Two gaming winning drives, an elite QB play on the throw to Dez, a more perfectly executed screen than Romo has ever thrown in his entire career and no interceptions. Romo probably doesn't beat Pittsburgh. Now that is the first time all season I can say that with confidence, but to act like Dak isn't flashing elite QB play at 106 QBR, is stupid and ignorant.

Erod won't ever say Dak played well in a game. Or played as an elite qb.

windjc

Reaction score
He has the greatest offensive line in the NFL, the best running back since Adrian Peterson was drafted, a Hall of Fame tight end, and a terrific receiving corps that includes Dez Bryant. It's always 3rd and 1.

If he was in Los Angeles or Chicago or Cleveland, he'd be a complete afterthought.

But he's playing really well. I especially like his maturity to handle himself around a unit that talented. That part of him is already special. But he's playing safe and taking almost no chances, which is ideal for a rookie, but not elite.
You did not answer the question.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Sure, if Flacco can find his wr's. We just need to get some pressure. We will. The home crowd will fire up our d.
Gotta agree with you. Our defense has played well against some better offenses and Baltimore offense is the worst in the league. Most of their TDs have came off big plays and with Jones roaming deep that's not happening

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

You have no idea how Dak would play in Cleveland Chicago or LA. You're just assuming you know. Would those teams be 8-1 most likely not but we don't know......you speculate way too much to try and make a point