Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think we won the lottery in this year Charles Haley types deals. We LANDED Aldon Smith...a guy who can wreck an offense. PLUS another cat with the same skillset that can also stop the run. So essentially, we are stacked. Not sure we need ET honestly. Our front 7 is really good.
an embarrassment of riches would be nice for once, ON DEFENSE.. we have McCoys money and restructured TS..it can happen, worth a shot, this could be Jerrys all in move where a bunch of 1-2 year deals with skilled but aging vets can make difference..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think the Ravens just used the fight with Clark as an excuse to move on from Thomas' contract.

Teammates fight in camp all the time. Back in the day Jay Ratliff and Marc Colombo almost sent each other to the hospital in a practice brawl. It's not a great thing to have happen, but people are talking like it's unprecedented.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:lmao2:
this was an absurd ranking and one that Laufenberg took to twitter to say he saw Romo as third.

Danny White took over a championship team with Tom Landry running it. He was in a situation completely ready to win another championship. Totally different than Romo or Aikman who dealt with nonsense constantly..after jimmy left for aikman.. and romo had to deal with going from Parcells to Wade to Garrett....in the process they rebuilt the offensive line around him and nearly got him killed in 11 and 12. Those two seasons cost him more years on the back end.

Romo broke all the records and is clearly number 3. Its amazing to me the love fest for Dak this guy is treated like royalty and in most part its because of the long deep seated hate for anything to do with Romo.
I4-Jmrcjnr8-Zfq.gif

JBS

Reaction score
really dude? Trying to reel me in? lol...NOTHING YOU SAY? Watch the ET fight footage and the fact his homelife has guns involved. His wife pulled a gun on him...SO I wouldnt say thats nothing of substance. Does he have to murder his family for you not to want him?

There you go! See, you that's all I was looking for. Just some quality reasons why you didn't want him. That works.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
That was a trade..BIG difference. AND I SAID RARELY. He qualifies as RARELY. He is special.

This is a rare and very different season because of the Covid.

Parcells makes a lot of sense about the late August concept. But every team has a shortened camp this year and this guy is a seasoned vet that plays on wherever the ball is. As instinctive a player as there is.

We could have him for 2-3 years and decide if we want to keep the other safeties or draft a safety to play beside ET.

ET can help tip the scale for this defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the Ravens just used the fight with Clark as an excuse to move on from Thomas' contract.

Teammates fight in camp all the time. Back in the day Jay Ratliff and Marc Colombo almost sent each other to the hospital in a practice brawl. It's not a great thing to have happen, but people are talking like it's unprecedented.
Well I think there may be more going on here because I agree if its just a fight in camp that's nothing to cut someone over. It gave them a out to get from under his contract but guys fight all the time. Its disturbing his teammates want him gone though. If I had to guess I'm thinking its a matter of him holding teammates accountable for their mistakes and he doesn't do the same because he got torched in the playoffs.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Found him in bed with his brother and two women. That's beyond gross.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George gets fired for having sex on his desk with the cleaning lady.

George says to boss, “Was that wrong? If someone had told me that sort of thing is frowned upon. I have to plead ignorance here.”

MikeB80

Reaction score
just listened to Mike Fisher on the fan and he said a couple of interesting things.

Thomas had a meeting with the texans in the offseason and it didnt go well so he is probably not an option in houston.
Dallas still likes thomas but they do not have anyone in the building right now to kind of keep him on the right path...They have tomasula to watch out for smith and george edwards to watch out for griffen and his problems with alchol abuse.

Then finally he said in a question of over under on Dallas signing thomas he would take the over. Said it would be a cheap contract that would be all about handling the controversy and that 77 year old Jerry jones loves that stuff.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
For the record I would still very much rather sign the other Balt free agent safety, Tony Jefferson, long term once his medical clear than sign ET to a one year deal at a larger $ amount.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just listened to Mike Fisher on the fan and he said a couple of interesting things.

Thomas had a meeting with the texans in the offseason and it didnt go well so he is probably not an option in houston.
Dallas still likes thomas but they do not have anyone in the building right now to kind of keep him on the right path...They have tomasula to watch out for smith and george edwards to watch out for griffen and his problems with alchol abuse.

Then finally he said in a question of over under on Dallas signing thomas he would take the over. Said it would be a cheap contract that would be all about handling the controversy and that 77 year old Jerry jones loves that stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
:thumbup: