Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

slick325

Reaction score
Howie Long was just on The Herd w/Colin Cowherd and said of Earl Thomas: "He's a talented player, and I'm sure someone will give him an opportunity. There's talk of Dallas. There's talk of San Francisco. Jay Glazer is telling me he doesn't believe Dallas."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Howie Long was just on The Herd w/Colin Cowherd and said of Earl Thomas: "He's a talented player, and I'm sure someone will give him an opportunity. There's talk of Dallas. There's talk of San Francisco. Jay Glazer is telling me he doesn't believe Dallas."

I'd put a lot of stock in what Glazer had to say. It seems to me that he has a direct connection with Mike McCarthy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The guy couldnt control himself while he had one of the most overpaid contracts in the league.

Now he is supposed to come to Dallas for a pittance and suddenly become a model teammate.

I'm not thinking that's likely.

I'm torn because I want to upgrade safety badly, but this new staff doesnt need any potential issues, or anything that could maybe divide certain factions of the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do wonder what the coaching network has to say about him. Guys that have been at it as long as Harbaugh are connected to it. Other coaches can get the skinny from him or his coaches.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy couldnt control himself while he had one of the most overpaid contracts in the league.

Now he is supposed to come to Dallas for a pittance and suddenly become a model teammate.

I'm not thinking that's likely.

I'm torn because I want to upgrade safety badly, but this new staff doesnt need any potential issues, or anything that could maybe divide certain factions of the team.

I'm torn as well. Would love the upgrade at safetÿ, but the guy's life looks to be going off the rails.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they are talking but Thomas may still want too much money for them to jump right in. They may think waiting for his price to come down is the way to go. If it was ever true that he wanted to be a Cowboy, then now is his chance.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm torn as well. Would love the upgrade at safetÿ, but the guy's life looks to be going off the rails.
The Dix situation is making it worse IMO.

I dont think it happens. Someone pays this guy.

Then again, the current uncertainty doesnt help.

I bet the Joneses already have an idea of what he wants money wise, hence the reports "theres no rush."
As I said earlier, he isnt signing anywhere soon for much less than he was getting. Probably has little realization of the fallout of what he did to his own reputation. He is right in his mind.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dix situation is making it worse IMO.

I dont think it happens. Someone pays this guy.

Then again, the current uncertainty doesnt help.

I bet the Joneses already have an idea of what he wants money wise, hence the reports "theres no rush."
As I said earlier, he isnt signing anywhere soon for much less than he was getting. Probably has little realization of the fallout of what he did to his own reputation. He is right in his mind.

He is out of his mind.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus went out there for practice today and will have a report on the fan in a little while. He did throw out there that they are "Hunting Safeties".

Honestly not sure what he meant by that exactly.

Carson

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus went out there for practice today and will have a report on the fan in a little while. He did throw out there that they are "Hunting Safeties".

It’s crazy how the media is. Just wish we knew one way or the other lmao

joseephuss

Reaction score
But if the Cowboys weren't interested all they would have to do is tell the local beat writers that they have zero interest. Like the the Texans did.

Why would they want to show their hand either way? If Dallas aren't interested, it is best to let other teams believe they are interested to try to drive up the potential cost for those teams that want Thomas.

Plankton

Reaction score
Grant Delpit got carted off the field today for the Browns. Don't be surprised if they now become a player for Thomas.

Carson

Reaction score
Grant Delpit got carted off the field today for the Browns. Don't be surprised if they now become a player for Thomas.

Crazy. They may be the only team with worst safeties than us before he was injured

KeepinTime

Reaction score

They’re in Elmer Fudd mode.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Broaddus on practice

on LVE...in the practices today he was super aggressive. They were working on him attacking the line of scrimmage in pressure packages.

on Redzone plays.....Daks ball placement was good and hit cooper in a super tight coverage. Made a couple of good back shoulder throws.
looks improved throwing the back shoulder fade's.

on the DB's.............Awuzie had an outstanding day and then was hurt. Not sure if its his knee and will wait to find out. Al harris is teaching them to
Turn and find the ball. A new technique for the DB's.
Diggs covered johnson and turned and knocked the ball away. Played with vision.

There are no battles for positions. They are going to start all the veteran guys. Williams is going to start at LG and Looney at C.

everson griffen is getting a lot of work and has no bad reps. he flashes more than Lawrence and aldon smith. Difficult guy to block because of how he positions his body and does not allow the lineman to get their hands on him. Taking reps from both sides.

Good day for tight ends, Shultz and Bell are able to get down the field. Jarwin also and he made a nice play in the end zone.

Said C. Wilson is the fourth wr, he is getting reps with the one's.

Donovan Wilson is having a great camp.

that was it...apparently they are going to talk about the safeties later I guess.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I agree. I think his days of big money are over.

He and his agent are in damage control mode now. Reputation much in need of repair.

that’s part of the reason I’m torn as well....if he comes in and acts like a jerk to another team- this very well could be and probably is his swan song in the nfl. His career is over. This is a high reward signing, even if he’s not up to his standards it’s a massive improvement from what we have.

I say bring him in, incentive laden contract- that we can walk away from if he’s acting like an ***. He’s get here he’s disruptive MM sends his *** packing and the team see’s McCarthy takes no bs.

On the flip side he comes in, behaves and produces for the cowboys some team will offer him a deal next off season. He needs us too