Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

Sydla

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora's article was very biased and one-sided (this is the same org that was fine with Ray Rice until the tape came out), and there are two sides to every story, but it also seems that Thomas is trying to coast on his rep and athleticism. Maybe he thinks if he comes here, Jerruh will let him do what he wants, and just show up on Sundays. Doesn't seem that will work with Stephen or Coach McCarthy or the defensive leadership of the team.

Or maybe ET is getting done dirty by BMore and the media. Who knows.

They stuck with Rice because they believed he was still vital to the team, he wasn't a locker room issue, etc.

Thomas is out because there was no going back, the team wanted him gone. Unfortunately, as weird as it sounds, if a player is a problem off the field but is well liked by teammates and plays hard he's more likely to get support from management than the guy who is a royal pain in the butt and has issues with coaches and many of the players but really isn't an issue off the field.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about the Seattle middle finger, that's a hard pass from me on Earl Thomas.

giphy-downsized.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That's pretty ridiculous to suggest that a NFL reporter who has contacts (especially in Baltimore) knows as much as fans on a message board.

Welcome to the world of our resident tabloid poster. If you want to know what a player is feeling or his level of desire, you can get that from him too. Lol.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They stuck with Rice because they believed he was still vital to the team, he wasn't a locker room issue, etc.

Thomas is out because there was no going back, the team wanted him gone. Unfortunately, as weird as it sounds, if a player is a problem off the field but is well liked by teammates and plays hard he's more likely to get support from management than the guy who is a royal pain in the butt and has issues with coaches and many of the players but really isn't an issue off the field.

"We will tolerate you until we can replace you"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because the coach told the FO that ET wouldn't fit the locker room.

I seriously doubt that.

It would be beyond stupid to not try to acquire this player unless he is in full Antonio Brown meltdown mode and I don’t think that’s the case.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'll be honest and say that I still want to kick the tires on Thomas via a short-leash contract, i.e., you screw up even once and you're out the door with whatever guarantees (if any) we gave you at contract start. Dare to be dangerous, Cowboys.

GMO415

Reaction score
Is the league going to suspend him for the fight? I'm sure they will once Dallas signs him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's pretty ridiculous to suggest that a NFL reporter who has contacts (especially in Baltimore) knows as much as fans on a message board.

There were rumors Thomas was becoming a bit of an issue in Seattle that culminated with him giving the Seahawks sideline the middle finger when he was carted off the field a few years ago. Now it comes out he's pissed off a second team? Yeah, it's hard to ignore the track record and act like La Canfora is basically just spitballing here (and he's not the only one making these claims too by the way).
You misunderstand. I agree ET is a huge issue. In fact, I would pass on him. My point is, lets reserve judgment til the facts come out. Its a slippery slope counting on "facts" from a talking head. I'm saying before we sign him, or not..let the team dig deeper. We dunno if Jason has an ax to grind on this.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Texans and Falcons both say they will not pursue Earl Thomas.
His contra t if he gets one should be one year from anyone. And low low low amount. People are scared of his Mental stability

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His contra t if he gets one should be one year from anyone. And low low low amount. People are scared of his Mental stability

I agree. I think his days of big money are over.

He and his agent are in damage control mode now. Reputation much in need of repair.

MikeB80

Reaction score

the greg hardy sweepstakes came down to Dallas and Tampa. Then tampa got all the information and bowed out. Then Dallas signed him...he was everything he was billed as and was a disaster. Then Tampa beat Dallas late in the year in an important game.

I think SF and Maybe Philadelphia will be interested otherwise i do not see why anyone would bring this situation into there locker room.