Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t give up any picks.

I wonder if arbitration will side with the Ravens.
No. At best they would be able to suspend him without pay for a couple of games (i.e. game checks) unless he seriously injured another player.

They would have to be multiple other incidents for them to be able to void his guaranteed salary.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Wait the Ravens out, they're obviously desperate to either get a pick for him or cut him. Let them eat his $10 million for this year, then sign him cheap to stomach the PR backlash a bit easier.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Lol, here we go again. Ravens have to be honest with themselves it's unlikely they'll find a team willing to give up a premium pick or even take on a current contract for a player that has worked his way off 2 teams over the last 2 season's.

Attitude seems to be a growing issue for Thomas and do we even want him here if he was released? I guess there's a cost/risk trade off scenario here but there's no way I'm paying this guy north of 10 million. If he was taking a Griffen type deal, sure you consider it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
His salary is 10M for 2020.

The Cowboys didn't sign him when he was a free agent.

The new defensive scheme is opposite of the Legion of Boom scheme that made him a Super Star.

I don't think the Cowboys will trade for him.

If he gets cut, then the contract is over and it's just a matter of what he'll accept as a salary for 2020. The Ravens would still be paying him 10M in salary plus he pocketed a 20M signing bonus when signed in 2019.
- His total contract was 3 years, 55M; therefore, if they Raven cut him it will have been 2-years, 30M. That's a big chunk of the "final payday" that he was seeking back during this final year in Seattle.
- He might be more focused on getting another ring now than money which was his top focus before departing Seattle.

that was Marinelli and Garett, and with MM and Nolan trying hard to get the defense caught up to the offense if ET comes affordable and they will find a way to fit a guy like him in, Im betting they do make run at him..as long as its nothing more then a low 4th rounder and half that pay..

if no big deal we are bantering here man,, never say never..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dez used to get into it with teammates every TC and we glorify him here. Perspective is amazing

I always thought Dez should've been run out of Dallas sooner than he was. Seems his attitude and inability to stay healthy have cost him the rest of his NFL career.

reddyuta

Reaction score
philly is the most likely suitor,they need a safety more badly and they can pay him more,he has to give us a home town discount to come here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol, here we go again. Ravens have to be honest with themselves it's unlikely they'll find a team willing to give up a premium pick or even take on a current contract for a player that has worked his way off 2 teams over the last 2 season's.

Attitude seems to be a growing issue for Thomas and do we even want him here if he was released? I guess there's a cost/risk trade off scenario here but there's no way I'm paying this guy north of 10 million. If he was taking a Griffen type deal, sure you consider it.
At his age and w/ his injury history, I might go 8 mil max.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Someone's going to throw a pick at Baltimore just to drive the bidding up and eliminate some teams. I wonder how far we go with this since we are considered "a contender" in his destination.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hopefully this is McCarthy pushing back and telling them his boy Clinton-Dix and the other guys are enough for this season. Heath really was addition by subtraction.
Which is very sad. Heath should've been our lifetime STer nickel package guy. Instead, we foolishly tried to make a guy a starter who does not have the physical skillset to succeed. Sad beyond sad. How can an NFL staff evaluate so badly? I mean, I understand Jerry being bad at evaluations, that's expected, as he's an extreme football dummy. But, how did the D staff not know this? Are they really like afraid to tell Jerry stuff like this, or are they really too dumb to see it?

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Would be ironic if we finally do get him. Just stinks how we’re now getting the ghost of Earl Thomas.

He’s probably still an upgrade for us, but really isn’t that big of a needle mover one way or the other now. Other then it being a big name added of course.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never believe the media much when they link a player to the Cowboys but Schefter is a solid source considering he’s not just lumping the Cowboys with other teams.

I like Thomas but the last couple seasons, he has been far from a model employee. Something feels odd.

Something is off with ET.

For some players once a previously solid marriage starts to unravel, the player also starts to unravel. Somewhat of an early mid-life crisis...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that was Marinelli and Garett, and with MM and Nolan trying hard to get the defense caught up to the offense if ET comes affordable and they will find a way to fit a guy like him in, Im betting they do make run at him..as long as its nothing more then a low 4th rounder and half that pay..

if no big deal we are bantering here man,, never say never..

With Kris Richard as the head DB coach and co-Defensive coordinator, the Cowboys interest in ET was likely at it's peak when KR was still with the team.

The Cowboys have been much more open to older players this year than in the past few years, but I only see ET coming to Dallas if the Raven cut him.