Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
It's to the point now where how do we not win the Super Bowl?
a contagious virus forces a shut down of the season.

Seriously though. I will do whatever I have to do to ensure this season goes on

Even with the hard loss of Gerald McCoy, I haven't been *THIS* excited about a Dallas defense or offense in the same season in ages.

IMO this defense, if they add Earl Thomas, could be one of the best defenses in league history except for the '85 Bears and '00 Ravens and maybe the '13 Seahawks

starfan1

Reaction score
Just when I thought the cowboys would make it through the offseason without pure stupidity !

maybe this is just Jerry’s and company’s thirst to be in the limelight this would be stupid if it takes place

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
So media says we are in the lead.....translates to us fans here as “ no chance in hell he’ll be a cowboy”. Signing him on the cheap is a no brainer IMO. even if he isn’t up his normal standards he’s an upgrade at the position, trading for him? not so much

MikeB80

Reaction score
If they bring this guy in now they are going full 2008.

Unless they sign him for peanuts after being released they should just stay away. He seems like a guy about to be out of the nfl. Putting him in Dallas would create a level of hype that I doubt he can handle.

This would be 3 new old players who have the ability to snap and go off the rails at any one time in the locker room. Thomas, Smith and Griffen. Just like 08 when that locker room had Owens, Johnson and Pac Man.

this would also be a huge move towards doing things the old way and not the way Garrett was running the organization. Garrett's way while hated by most resulted in a number of good drafts and relying on young players to improve and not chasing older players previous histories. This would be a direct statement on that way of doing things.

of course as with most teams if you are going for it and talent is available you go out and get it. Works for Belichick, Coughlin etc.

robjay04

Reaction score
You got to wonder if this is an excuse for cap reasons as well.

A year ago, when Thomas was signed, Lamar Jackson was considered a fringe starter.

Now the Ravens will likely be negotiating a contract similar to Mahomes.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I am here in Baltimore. They do love those guys but they want 3 safeties. They believe that’s how you beat the Chiefs. They want to stop the run and cover on the back end. This will be the best defense our offense will play against next season if their young linebackers come around. I like them better the 49ers defensively.

it might be the best defense we play and it might not. They are a man to man team that blitzes all the time out of dime looks with 3 safeties or in nickel like you said. This seems a pefect match for our offense. Pick up a blitz and exploit the man to man on the back end. I would think Cooper, lamb and Jarwin could make huge plays against a team that blitzes as much as they do...especially now without thomas.

I think that seattle defense is going to be really improved and a problem when Dallas goes there.

The Natural

Reaction score
If they bring this guy in now they are going full 2008.

Unless they sign him for peanuts after being released they should just stay away. He seems like a guy about to be out of the nfl. Putting him in Dallas would create a level of hype that I doubt he can handle.

This would be 3 new old players who have the ability to snap and go off the rails at any one time in the locker room. Thomas, Smith and Griffen. Just like 08 when that locker room had Owens, Johnson and Pac Man.

this would also be a huge move towards doing things the old way and not the way Garrett was running the organization. Garrett's way while hated by most resulted in a number of good drafts and relying on young players to improve and not chasing older players previous histories. This would be a direct statement on that way of doing things.

of course as with most teams if you are going for it and talent is available you go out and get it. Works for Belichick, Coughlin etc.
two things here

1. “Garrett’s way” resulted in absolutely nothing of value. So if we have to go the opposite of his way that cant be a bad thing.

2. ET has nowhere near the baggage of Pacman Jones or Tank Johnson while still being much a better football player than both.