Ravens put non exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone offers a contract Jackson is willing to accept, AND two firsts.

I wouldn’t. His game doesn’t project to age well….and he has sort of an injury issue.
He's injury prone. The Ravens have proven they know how to win without an elite QB.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone offers a contract Jackson is willing to accept, AND two firsts.

I wouldn’t. His game doesn’t project to age well….and he has sort of an injury issue.
The ravens haven't invested in the offense around him, especially the protection.

I work in Baltimore and the locals aren’t happy about this. They said Lamar reignited the the ravens after Flacco flamed out.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
That’s an intelligent front office. Don’t overpay..get two firsts and move forward without the massive cap restrictions.

Watch the Raiders go all in for him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's not that. He supposedly wants a fully guaranteed deal like Watson. Ravens, along with 99% of the league think the Browns are handicapped mentally for doing that and messing with the QB market even more.

Edit: Are you referring to the type of tag? If so, I see your point.
Yeah the tag type. The Jets got more for trading Jamal Adams to Seattle. Something is up. I think we might have some collusion going on. Supposedly Atlanta is not interested now. This is gonna be a mess.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
If the other owners don’t screw it up this could be the beginning of resetting the qb market, but I’m sure they can’t help themselves.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Wow!!!! The Ravens don’t think Lamar is on the level of Dak or Jones. Something is going on. I think he is going to be in Atlanta by the start of the season.
Lamar was probably asking for Watson/Mahomes money.

kumizi

Reaction score
He wants a fully guaranteed deal like Watson. I dunno if any teams will do that for a running QB with an injury history. The Browns were idiots to do it. Lamar has no agent either.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

2 1sts and Micah. But we get cash considerations back.

This is exactly what Dallas should've done with Dak. Let the market set the price. If you don't want to pay it take the first round picks and move on.

Said so at the time and nothing he's done since then has changed my opinion. But no, ol' Jerry was afraid someone would break the bank for him.

Jipper

Reaction score
Whats yalls obsession with Philly grabbing Lamar?

why would they give up that much for a QB that has done less playoff wise?
People on here still refuse to admit that hurts is good...that's the issue...Philly is going to be the odds on favorite next year esp with 2 1st round picks

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Whats yalls obsession with Philly grabbing Lamar?

why would they give up that much for a QB that has done less playoff wise?
Don’t think Philly would want anything to do with Jackson, they are happy with Hurts, although he isn’t going to be an easy negotiation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
QB contracts have to be kept in check. At this rate, QB’s will be making 100 million per by 2030.
I still don’t know why Mahomes signed that long term contract. I think the best players should get all the money.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Now we are going to get a good look to see if collusion is alive and well in the NFL among the Owners.