Ravens put non exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow!!!! The Ravens don’t think Lamar is on the level of Dak or Jones. Something is going on. I think he is going to be in Atlanta by the start of the season.
Just proves what a very few of us have been saying all along: Lamar Jackson is not as good as Dak.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
For those making disillusioned comments claiming Dak Prescott is better than Lamar Jackson, as Nancy Reagan said: Just Say No to drugs.

Flamma

Reaction score
Look what they gave up for Watson. Or what they gave up for Wilson. They paid Daniel Jones 40M a year. Some team will give up two first rounders for him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just proves what a very few of us have been saying all along: Lamar Jackson is not as good as Dak.
Dak is the better quarterback but Lamar is the most dangerous offensive player in football. He can throw an 80 yard touchdown pass and run 80 yards for a touchdown. The guy is a video game. Lamar is Hurts on steroids. I don’t blame the Ravens for being hesitant but if I am Lamar I am not taking less then Watson to stay a Raven.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is how it's done. I'd use this way more than the standard tag. I'll take the picks over most of these players all day. I liked that they kept schultz last year but if someone wanted to give me a 2nd round pick for him i'm all in.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is how it's done. I'd use this way more than the standard tag. I'll take the picks over most of these players all day. I liked that they kept schultz last year but if someone wanted to give me a 2nd round pick for him i'm all in.
I don't know why they don't always use the non exclusive tag. It's cheaper, and you have the option to match. If you're willing to pay top dollar anyway, what difference does it make?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know why they don't always use the non exclusive tag. It's cheaper, and you have the option to match. If you're willing to pay top dollar anyway, what difference does it make?
Exactly. It helps gauge the market. Right now ain't no one ponying up for Lamar at this time. maybe after the draft if a team misses out on a QB or something which right now is proving the ravens right for not caving to his demands.

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly. It helps gauge the market. Right now ain't no one ponying up for Lamar at this time. maybe after the draft if a team misses out on a QB or something which right now is proving the ravens right for not caving to his demands.
That sounds about right. They don't want to give him a Watson type contract. If some other team does, they'll take the two first rounders. If he accepts a more traditional contract, they'll match it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who wouldn't be lining up to give 2 1st rounders for Jackson?

For comparison Denver gave up just last year to get Russell Wilson.....
  • 2022 9th overall pick
  • 2022 40th overall pick
  • 2023 1st rounder
  • 2022 2nd rounders (2)
  • Noah Fant
  • Drew Lock
  • Shelby Harris
If I'm the Bucs, Jets or Falcons, I'm all over this, especially the Jets.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Dak is the better quarterback but Lamar is the most dangerous offensive player in football. He can throw an 80 yard touchdown pass and run 80 yards for a touchdown. The guy is a video game. Lamar is Hurts on steroids. I don’t blame the Ravens for being hesitant but if I am Lamar I am not taking less then Watson to stay a Raven.
This is why we have an over inflated market per money given to QB's now IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's injury prone. The Ravens have proven they know how to win without an elite QB.
Not a big secret or a Ravens thing. You need a top 3 defense if not the #1 and a great run game.

90's Cowboys was no different.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Washington needs to go after Lamar. All they need is a quarterback. Their owner has the money and he does not have any owner friends.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Washington needs to go after Lamar. All they need is a quarterback. Their owner has the money and he does not have any owner friends.
Reportedly they're not interested. Looks like Lamar is getting a lesson in market value.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Reportedly they're not interested. Looks like Lamar is getting a lesson in market value.

Can you say collusion. Them owners are dirty. Time for Mahomes, Burrow and the NFLPA to mobilize.