Ravens put non exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
QB contracts have to be kept in check. At this rate, QB’s will be making 100 million per by 2030.
Why do you want even more market controls?

The CBA requires that a percentage of revenues mutually agreed upon go to player salaries. QB salaries are rising. I fail to see what the big deal is.

Loso86

Reaction score
Who wouldn't be lining up to give 2 1st rounders for Jackson?

For comparison Denver gave up just last year to get Russell Wilson.....
  • 2022 9th overall pick
  • 2022 40th overall pick
  • 2023 1st rounder
  • 2022 2nd rounders (2)
  • Noah Fant
  • Drew Lock
  • Shelby Harris
Us, and smart teams who have a good QB

tromofan

Reaction score
This tag means the Ravens are done with him. They have no intention of matching whatever offers he gets. I think there's alot going on behind the scenes here. Although he was hobbled the last part of the season, he still could've played in the last game, especially the playoff(which they probably would've won). That tweet he put out about "taking care of the players that take care of you" tells me he was well enough to play. I don't blame they're front office for this at all. Get what you can for him and move on.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Fun facts about Jackson's last two seasons:

He's missed 9 games due to injury
His completion percentage is worse than Dak's
His TD:INT ratio is worse than Dak's

No, I'm not pumping up Dak. This is for the "collusion" and whatever else crowd - would you pay $200 million and two first rounders for that? I sure wouldn't.

Jackson massively overplayed his hand, without the advice of an agent, and he's learning a hard lesson. Until he gets realistic, he'll have no other options.

Adreme

Reaction score
This tag means the Ravens are done with him. They have no intention of matching whatever offers he gets. I think there's alot going on behind the scenes here. Although he was hobbled the last part of the season, he still could've played in the last game, especially the playoff(which they probably would've won). That tweet he put out about "taking care of the players that take care of you" tells me he was well enough to play. I don't blame they're front office for this at all. Get what you can for him and move on.
I think they know no one is going to offer the deal he wants and then they can come back and go "whelp the offer you turned down is still on the table and you are free to take it, otherwise you can play the next 2 years on the tag and make 68m."

Adreme

Reaction score
Fun facts about Jackson's last two seasons:

He's missed 9 games due to injury
His completion percentage is worse than Dak's
His TD:INT ratio is worse than Dak's

No, I'm not pumping up Dak. This is for the "collusion" and whatever else crowd - would you pay $200 million and two first rounders for that? I sure wouldn't.

Jackson massively overplayed his hand, without the advice of an agent, and he's learning a hard lesson. Until he gets realistic, he'll have no other options.
The NFLPA is whispering in his ear because they want fully guaranteed deals and hoped Lamar was the one to make it happen, but his play the past 2 years has basically made him not the guy to focus on for that. The NFLPA should really be focused on Burrow, Herbert, and maybe even Hurts to be the guy to carry that flag.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Skins will do it,they are a QB away from being really good.

visionary

Reaction score
And what have we done? They've won 2 titles since we won one. LOL
Nice effort to move the goalposts

You said they’ve won without great QBs but that is long in the past . This is not that team. This team has won nothing meaningful

If they don’t sign him they will be number 3 in their division behind Bengals and Cleveland

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wow!!!! The Ravens don’t think Lamar is on the level of Dak or Jones. Something is going on. I think he is going to be in Atlanta by the start of the season.
Yeah, they don't overpay for average to good players. We do all the time.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
no he isn't worth itYou think the Joneses deserve
Yeah, they don't overpay for average to good players. We do all the time.
The Cowboys don’t pay much for their players. Dak is the only player on the roster with a crazy contract. Zeke’s contract really was not that bad but he was overpaid for running back. Dak is worth every penny. He takes a beating for the Joneses on social media platforms like this and since signing the contract has led the Cowboys to 25 wins, two playoffs, and the Cowboys lead off pretty much every football segment. Dak has done his job in the mind and wallets of the Jones family. To be honest not many quarterbacks could lead the Cowboys. Be happy we have Dak. :bow: :thumbup:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t pay much for their players. Dak is the only player on the roster with a crazy contract. Zeke’s contract really was not that bad but he was overpaid for running back. Dak is worth every penny. He takes a beating for the Joneses on social media platforms like this and since signing the contract has led the Cowboys to 25 wins, two playoffs, and the Cowboys lead off pretty much every football segment. Dak has done his job in the mind and wallets of the Jones family. To be honest not many quarterbacks could lead the Cowboys. Be happy we have Dak. :bow: :thumbup:
2023 current salary cap hits

Dak $49.2M
DLaw $26M
Martin $19.8M
Tyron $17.6M
Zeke $16.7M
Gallup $13.8M

You were saying what about only Dak having a crazy contract?????

baltcowboy

Reaction score
2023 current salary cap hits

Dak $49.2M
DLaw $26M
Martin $19.8M
Tyron $17.6M
Zeke $16.7M
Gallup $13.8M

You were saying what about only Dak having a crazy contract?????
The Cowboys can restructure and get 50 million in cap space. It’s funny money. The real money these players will make this year is far less then there cap figure. Zeke won’t get anything and DLAW took a pay cut. Dude you are smarter then that. The Cowboys know exactly what they are doing with the cap.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Cowboys can restructure and get 50 million in cap space. It’s funny money. The real money these players will make this year is far less then there cap figure. Zeke won’t get anything and DLAW took a pay cut. Dude you are smarter then that. The Cowboys know exactly what they are doing with the cap.
DLaw restructured last year hence his bloated figure this year which prevents Dallas from moving on from him due to his dead money. As for others, of course, Dallas can restructure the likes of Dak, DLaw, Martin, etc. but all that does is kick money down the road. This is what Jerry's mentality of 'liking his players' does for the salary cap.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hasn’t lamar not been so good the last few years. If I am wrong then I wonder why they wouldn’t give him a deal. Just a year or so ago I seem to remember people saying just wait till lamar and a few others get paid.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
DLaw restructured last year hence his bloated figure this year which prevents Dallas from moving on from him due to his dead money. As for others, of course, Dallas can restructure the likes of Dak, DLaw, Martin, etc. but all that does is kick money down the road. This is what Jerry's mentality of 'liking his players' does for the salary cap.
Every team in the league has bad salaries. Lord, look at the Saints and Eagles. They both overcame sorry decisions and are able to go out and bring in free agents. Jerry makes excuses.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Zekes contract was terrible! He was already starting to lose a step couldnt break away for more than 20 yards and was a shell of his rookie self when he signed the deal. He had them locked in with Garrett and they caved.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Zekes contract was terrible! He was already starting to lose a step couldnt break away for more than 20 yards and was a shell of his rookie self when he signed the deal. He had them locked in with Garrett and they caved.
Brother I still do not know how he fell off so fast. Zeke has no injuries and to be honest he didn’t get run into the ground like Derrick Henry. It seemed like every year in the pros he lost a step. Strange…….