Wow, big loss.

Prediction: Upshaw wins ROY.

Luck or RG3 will they always give it to QBs unless they suck

Defensive rookie of the years will be a Cowboy :cool:

rocboy22

Reaction score
M'Kevon;4547302 said:
????

I've played basketball for close to 50 years. Outside of wear and tear on my knees and right hip, muscle sprains are the worst I've experienced. I broke my hand and a concussion from playing two years of HS football.

many cowboys players, including Romo, also play basketball during the offseason - even in leagues.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
burmafrd;4547293 said:
just cannot believe that they can be that dumb. More injuries happen on a basketball court then just about anywhere else. Its like riding a motorcycle; sooner or later you are going down.

Yup, no pads, banging bodies...no bueno. I know alot of people will say..."well he is getting in shape and what is the difference between this and working out?" I just think if you get hurt preparing for football doing football related activities, then you can chalk it up to that. But something like pick up basketball is asking for trouble. Your body is moving and doing things that maybe its not used to. One of my best friends played football at Stanford years ago and he got hurt twice...playing hoops...one was an achilles. But I can see the argument both ways.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CATCH17;4547304 said:
Kinda funny that we were all worried a little about Newmans age and now it looks like both of their careers will end at pretty much the same time unless Suggs has a Greg Ellis type comeback.

I still don't see how Ellis came back like he did from it. I almost wonder if he juiced a little.

Ellis was never the same after his injury.

Miller

Reaction score
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva
I think this will be the go-to guy. RT @ProFootbalFocus Good news for Ravens is Pernell McPhee was a monster last year in just 364 snaps.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Many players have contracts forbidding other sporting activities... this could hurt him in more ways than one...

joseephuss

Reaction score
CATCH17;4547304 said:
Kinda funny that we were all worried a little about Newmans age and now it looks like both of their careers will end at pretty much the same time unless Suggs has a Greg Ellis type comeback.

I still don't see how Ellis came back like he did from it.
I almost wonder if he juiced a little.

Ellis had Ware playing on the opposite side of the field from him. That helps quite a bit. Suggs is a year younger than Ellis was when Ellis tore his Achilles tendon. There have been major improvements over the years in how this injury is repaired and treated, which also helps.

Miller

Reaction score
Update

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Unclear if Terrell Suggs tore Achilles playing basketball or in a conditioning test. Suggs thinks he could be back in October, per source.

DesiredTraits

Reaction score
Does anybody see that Spencer could be traded to Baltimore because of Suggs injury?

:shades:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;4547296 said:
Playing basketball causes more injuries then football does. Just plain dumb.

Basketball results in a lot more minor injuries, but concussions and torn ligaments/tendons arent that common. In the NBA you only see about 2-3 of those a year, there's one every week in the NFL at least. The only difference is that there are a lot fewer players in the NBA and so you hear more about them when one does occur.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
DesiredTraits;4547346 said:
Does anybody see that Spencer could be traded to Baltimore because of Suggs injury?

:shades:
People keep saying that but where are they getting it from?