Ravens Season Off to Bad Start: Suggs Out

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DesiredTraits;4547346 said:
Does anybody see that Spencer could be traded to Baltimore because of Suggs injury?

:shades:

Not worth it unless we get a high pick. I'm not fan of Spencer, but we have addressed our needs as if he'll be here and I'd rather have suggs than whatever rookie we'd have to start in his place.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DesiredTraits;4547346 said:
Does anybody see that Spencer could be traded to Baltimore because of Suggs injury?

:shades:

SDCowboy85;4547355 said:
People keep saying that but where are they getting it from?

Wait. What?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4547355 said:
People keep saying that but where are they getting it from?

Made up in their own brains because they think we want to get rid of Spencer for some reason..

joseephuss

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4547339 said:

October would be 6 months. Seems a bit overly optimistic in my opinion. I could see him possibly returning in late November or December. It is not outside the realm of possibilities. The Ravens will be able to PUP list and wait until halfway through the season before they have to decide to IR him or bring him back.

JackWagon

Reaction score
The last time i remember a trade working out for any players was New England getting Wes Welker from Miami.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4547339 said:

The recovery time for a person performing just normal day to day activities is six months, which would be early November for Suggs. The recovery time for someone playing a professional contact sport is closer to eight months. Several athletes have missed entire seasons and the subsequent offseason with this injury.

Suggs won't play this season, period. No doctor worth their salt will clear him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We'd be dumb to trade Spencer for anything less than a first. This team needs to be filling holes right now, not creating them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course we're not trading Spencer with no replacement on our own roster. We're much more likely to sign him long-term.

Re: Suggs, that just sucks. Not familiar enough with their roster to know where they stand now, but to lose an impact player the week after the draft over a non-football injury. Ridiculous. What's more, Suggs may be effectively done. He wasn't the fastest guy to start with.

mooseq

Reaction score
Could you imagine that saying D Ware out of season :omg:

But that helps us out alot when we play them this year. We now may get out 1st win ever againist them. :star:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hell, they could have him for a 2nd rounder or better.

He likely shouldn't be in Dallas next year anyway.

The team has shown little interest in getting a long term deal done and he leaves a lot to be desired in terms of rushing the passer.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Wow. That's a big blow for the team. Hopefully Upshaws ready to start.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4547399 said:
Hell, they could have him for a 2nd rounder or better.

He likely shouldn't be in Dallas next year anyway.

The team has shown little interest in getting a long term deal done and he leaves a lot to be desired in terms of rushing the passer.

Kind of makes you wonder why we franchised him.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Think it will be harder than expected for him

Rachel Nichols ‏ @Rachel__Nichols
Suggs told me reports he'll be out all season will "make it so much sweeter when I run out of that tunnel

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get how anyone could think the Cowboys would trade Spencer at this point... 1 week after the draft, with no clear alternative on the roster.

That's just goofy.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
quote from Suggs

Suggs, who turns 30 in October, said he has been stunned at reports that he will miss the season.

"That's just going to make it so much sweeter when I run out of that tunnel and prove everyone wrong," Suggs told Nichols.