RB More Important than WR

kskboys

Reaction score
Has this ridiculous idea that went around like wildfire that RB's are no longer important finally been squashed completely? Seriously, it was dumb to begin w/, but man did people repeat that crapp.

Looking past NE, who is the exception due to a top 5 all time QB, no one is going all the way w/o a running game. The one year ATL made it, you saw the emergence of one of the best RB tandems in the NFL w/ Davonte and Telvin. Philly had Ajayi, Blount, and Clement. SEA w/ Marshawn, BALT w/ Rice, DEN w/ CJ. A workhorse RB is much more important than a #1 WR. And now you have Fournette and EZ and Gurley and some others leading their teams a lot further than any WR does.

Seriously, can we call this idea completely bugsquushed now, or are there still a few stubborn hanger-on's?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Has this ridiculous idea that went around like wildfire that RB's are no longer important finally been squashed completely? Seriously, it was dumb to begin w/, but man did people repeat that crapp.

Looking past NE, who is the exception due to a top 5 all time QB, no one is going all the way w/o a running game. The one year ATL made it, you saw the emergence of one of the best RB tandems in the NFL w/ Davonte and Telvin. Philly had Ajayi, Blount, and Clement. SEA w/ Marshawn, BALT w/ Rice, DEN w/ CJ. A workhorse RB is much more important than a #1 WR. And now you have Fournette and EZ and Gurley and some others leading their teams a lot further than any WR does.

Seriously, can we call this idea completely bugsquushed now, or are there still a few stubborn hanger-on's?
Hangers on? The NFL

Verdict

Reaction score
I think backup RB is more important to us than having a#1 WR. We haven't had a #1WR on the roster in three years even though we have been paying one like he is a #1. Why try to add one now?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I would like Dallas to get another RB but I think TE is more important than WR.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think backup RB is more important to us than having a#1 WR. We haven't had a #1WR on the roster in three years even though we have been paying one like he is a #1. Why try to add one now?
not true for one Zeke is VERY Durable and can carry the load 3 downs all game if needed, two we have Rod smith and if for whatever reason Zeke goes out Morris and Dmac still on the street , know the system and can be brought in cold..lastly Dez is on his way out sooner than later and his replacement will be much more of need to draft and develop NOW so if dez is cut , he will be ready, most likely for 2019 when im betting Twill, Bease, Dez, and a few others including Hurns most likely all gone, before or after 2019, that could include witten as well..think about that we need to deveop WRs starting this season.. 2019 will be desperate to find pass catchers..RB we are pretty set and for sure might go get one young guy after the 4th round..

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Randle's still out there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The offense needs to be balanced. We depend so heavily on the run that if we can’t run the ball our offense sputters. We have to develop a better passing game. We can’t depend on having Zeke for every game injuries happen. We fell apart without him last season. Defenses will stack up on the run and force us to throw the ball. Adding one of the top receivers in this draft will be a priority.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Falcons did it with a 3rd and 4th round pick. PHI, a street FA and a guy they got from another roster for a 4th. SEA got Lynch in his 5th year as a FA, IIRC. CJ isn't a back who really supports your point. I find it hard to have any discussion about recent Superbowl success that looks past NE, of all teams. Elliott, Fournette, Gurley...get back to me when one of their teams wins it if we're talking impact.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure QB play--and the corollary of stopping the other guy's QB--is still the important differentiator. It's the passing game effectiveness argument we've had forever.

So, no, I'm not interested in spending huge resources on RBs. It's been shown over and over and over that that's a position that can be filled effectively lower in the top-100 or in FA, or with a platoon of players. It's a waste to overdraft one in the top 5 if you have other holes on your team. And teams drafting in the top 5 have other holes on their team.

ESisback

Reaction score
Zeke, Smith, later round draft pick, cheap vet after cuts. We can ALSO draft a WR. However, the first two picks SHOULD be DT and LB!