Signed by Cowboys RB Ryan Nall signed

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want an H-back type guy, who can come in occasionally, but also contribute on defense at LB, and STs, then Troy Anderson is your guy..

The Cowboys (and many teams) like a 3rd RB that is a top Special Teams player.

It gives flexibility to the gameday roster management.

Also, Kellen Moore has a fascination with Offensive Specialty players.
- Based on pre-season and training camp video, he has plays specifically for FB Olawale when he was on the roster.
- Olawale ran a 4.5 forty. KM often called a play with Olawale running a pass route deep down the sidelines.
- It looked great in the pre-season and training camp but never quite worked in the regular season because Olawale struggled with contested catches.

They used Cedrick Wilson is some specialty roles.
McGovern, Connor Williams and La'el as Fullbacks.
KM also puts significant effort into scheming open 2nd TEs on occasion.

A few years ago they envisioned Tavon Austin as a specialty player but he was injured too often.

KM's mentor Linehan used FB Keith Smith on some gadget type plays.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not privy to his contractual provisions but hopefully, the team will compensate him accordingly if he's needed to block on offense.

He averaged 2 yards per carry with the Chicago Bears, so it's well past unlikely that he'll be used for that cause. I hope he can block.

He played the majority of special teams snaps all 3 season with the Bears.

I haven't found any game footage of him blocking (NFL or college).

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Let me just say I'm impressed this thread went 10 pages!!!

In all seriousness I don't mind the Cowboys taking a harder look at him in camp. The Cowboys have found some under the radar free agents that have contributed. If nothing else he pushes some FBs we already have here.