Signed by Cowboys RB Ryan Nall signed

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
All of you guys would cry if your Ice Cream was cold ...They signed a Free Agent. That's all they did. I don't think they plan on him replacing Elliott or Pollard but he might actually be just as good as Zeke honestly. But now that I say all this, I get it. This team just continues to annoy us. A fan for almost 40 years and I hate them

Doesn't everyone hate cold ice cream?

conner01

Reaction score
I feel the best we'll get from Ryan Nall is FB blocking on offense and help for our special teams. It's good but not great.:thumbup:
It could be a solid signing
ST are important
Being able to put in a FB who is capable of carrying the ball, catching the ball makes runs a little less obvious than a guard playing FB

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does this happen every year with fans? As with every year and with every team there will be all sorts of no-names signed to fill out the training camp roster, yet every year fans don't seem to understand that.

Carson

Reaction score
Why does this happen every year with fans? As with every year and with every team there will be all sorts of no-names signed to fill out the training camp roster, yet every year fans don't seem to understand that.
I think it's a few of the following ;
  • These are guys you can sign any time. Before, after the draft. Training camp etc. You NEED these guys to fill a roster, sure. But when it's the only guys you sign it's confusing
  • Teams are signing starting caliber players for equal pay.
  • Still need a solid LG, LB etc. Going into the draft with needs makes you desperate
  • We finally have cap space. But Washington, Fowler and Nall are the best you can do on one year deals? I like each signing. But it cannot be all you do
  • We aren't asking them to spend big on guys like Honey Badger, Clowney etc. We understand they DON'T.
  • A guy like Trai Turner, played in every game last season. He played for $3 million. I would rather have a starting LG for $3 million than a guy like Nall who is a "transitional full back / special teamer" for a little over 1
I get what you're saying. What you're saying is 100% facts. But it is a bit frustrating to see other teams picking up cheap guys like Troy Reeder, DeAndre Carter, Tavon Young etc. for pennies. They fill needs and provide depth on Defense/Offense and aren't specifically special team guys.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's almost 240 now,...good power. My bet is they are looking at him as a potential fullback.

If you want an H-back type guy, who can come in occasionally, but also contribute on defense at LB, and STs, then Troy Anderson is your guy..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McCarthy has been able to utilize the FB position when he was in GB, would love to see lead blocker lined up in the back field

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Must be signed as FB.

I'm not privy to his contractual provisions but hopefully, the team will compensate him accordingly if he's needed to block on offense.

He averaged 2 yards per carry with the Chicago Bears, so it's well past unlikely that he'll be used for that cause. I hope he can block.

Last edited: